Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Notrium Or Cormoon?

Notrium Or Cormoon?

speedblade 17 years ago
Judging from the explainations from Ville and his partner Quanrian about Cormoon, Cormoon will yet be another masterpeice that could be as popular as Notrium. What will you think will come out on top?
#
The Gemini 17 years ago
I am very impressed by Cormoon, but I generally prefer survival games like Notrium. So I guess they're equal.
#
Anonymous1157 17 years ago
I'm slightly leaning towards Cormoon because it actually supports 3D glasses, unlike Notrium, but I can't say that it's 100% better. They're both in completely different genders, and in that sense, Notrium would definitely be better. It even runs well with AAx8 and AFx16. However, Cormoon is newer, and could theoretically run with full-blast graphics settings...
#
Grim Reaper 17 years ago
"Anonymous1337" said:
I'm slightly leaning towards Cormoon because it actually supports 3D glasses
...WHAAAAAAAAAAT?!?
#
More info. Look for the one that matches your current Forceware, and you can use it. v91.31 works well if your LCD uses drivers (very important).
#
Amarth 17 years ago
I highly doubt it would look any good with your 3D-glasses, as most of the game (the creatures, most items) still is flat texturing.

I have quite high expectations of Cormoon, but I'm still not sure whether I'll like the playage. It's been really long since the last demo now, and I'd like to have a feeling for the gameplay as it is now and as how it's supposed to be. Really can't judge Cormoon on the descriptions alone.
#
"Amarth" said:
I highly doubt it would look any good with your 3D-glasses, as most of the game (the creatures, most items) still is flat texturing.
Well, the blue channel is in full color, but that's because it dosen't use the Z-axis analyzer whatsit since it's a 2D game. There's still more than enough time for Ville to change his mind and put it in, though. What I was referring to was that it actually behaves enough to run two cameras so that the layers are where they belong and at acceptable distances. The foreground looks "ZOMG can I touch this!?", the midground is a few meters behind that, and the background is twice as far away. The backdrop isn't even split (which is good).
#
Xeblit 17 years ago
For me, No comment as of yet. I'm not going to DL Cormoon until it's complete, Either I won't like it, and won't DL it when the full version is out (Which I highly doubt), Or It'll be so good that I can't wait for the full version to come out (and I really don't want to explode with anticipation).
#
Crazy 17 years ago
"Xeblit" said:
For me, No comment as of yet. I'm not going to DL Cormoon until it's complete, Either I won't like it, and won't DL it when the full version is out (Which I highly doubt), Or It'll be so good that I can't wait for the full version to come out (and I really don't want to explode with anticipation).
*salute*

Good luck waiting. -.-
#
Solus Lupus 17 years ago
I am with him waiting...but I doubt that anything can top Notrium.
#
Grim Reaper 17 years ago
"Solus Lupus" said:
Cormoon already has.
#
"Grim Reaper" said:
"Solus Lupus" said:
Cormoon already has.
Technically... no. Not yet, at least. It'll be a sad day when it does, though, because I probably won't be able to buy THAT, either.
#
Grim Reaper 17 years ago
"Anonymous1157" said:
"Grim Reaper" said:
"Solus Lupus" said:
Cormoon already has.
Technically... no. Not yet, at least. It'll be a sad day when it does, though, because I probably won't be able to buy THAT, either.
Well, at least the demo will feature netplay (unlike Blockland's demo).
#
"Grim Reaper" said:
"Anonymous1157" said:
"Grim Reaper" said:
"Solus Lupus" said:
Cormoon already has.
Well, at least the demo will feature netplay (unlike Blockland's demo).
... And even that might end up being limited to playing with other demo-users, IF he releases a demo.
#
Xeblit 17 years ago
Cormoon = Shareware?

Awwwwwww
#
harwe 17 years ago
"Xeblit" said:
Cormoon = Shareware?

Awwwwwww

no Notrium 2 = sharware
if i can recall
#
Xeblit 17 years ago
Ouch...

I don't know what's worse.
#
ahrenjb 17 years ago
They are both shareware. Ville needs the money to build a new wooden case. His last one caught on fire despite all predictions
#
Xeblit 17 years ago
Ah, I see.
Problem with this is that my parents won't let me pa for ANYTHING over the net, they're really pedantic about it, which sucks for me
#
Pete 17 years ago
"Xeblit" said:
Ah, I see.
Problem with this is that my parents won't let me pa for ANYTHING over the net, they're really pedantic about it, which sucks for me
Tell me about it..

like steam is so unsafe that they would loose all cash by paying on it...
#
Crazy 17 years ago
"Xeblit" said:
Ah, I see.
Then worm your way to a free copy.
#
Solus Lupus 17 years ago
Same here, but by the time Cormoon is finished I'll probly be in collage so too bad for them, I'll still get a copy!
#
"Solus Lupus" said:
Same here, but by the time Cormoon is finished I'll probly be in collage so too bad for them, I'll still get a copy!
... Hey, I've never thought of that. If the NV Curse holds true for Cormoon, I'll probably get it while I'm in college, too!

... Oh, and another thing:
"Dictionary.com" said:
Collage: A technique of composing a work of art by pasting on a single surface various materials not normally associated with one another, as newspaper clippings, parts of photographs, theater tickets, and fragments of an envelope.
XD
#
Solus Lupus 17 years ago
You all know now that my spelling is horrible...I try to proof read it!
#
Pete 17 years ago
"Anonymous1157" said:
"Solus Lupus" said:
... Hey, I've never thought of that. If the NV Curse holds true for Cormoon, I'll probably get it while I'm in college, too!
...I just had a heart attack.
#
Xeblit 17 years ago
"Crazy" said:
"Xeblit" said:
Ah, I see.
Then worm your way to a free copy.

I would, but I'd get banned for excessive spamming.
#
Crazy 17 years ago
Not what i meant. Somehow (i honestly don't know how), if you do something good enough (i honestly don't know what), Ville might (i honestly don't know why) give you a free copy.

At least that's what i remember from a sentence he said some six months ago. Don't hold me responsible for it being false.
#
Pete 17 years ago
"Crazy" said:
Not what i meant. Somehow (i honestly don't know how), if you do something good enough (i honestly don't know what), Ville might (i honestly don't know why) give you a free copy.

At least that's what i remember from a sentence he said some six months ago. Don't hold me responsible for it being false.
Like a mod? *wink wink*
#
Crazy 17 years ago
I HONESTLY don't know what...
#
speedblade 17 years ago
Looks like the polls are tied for now! The middle option counts as zero the "Cormoon" and "Notrium" counts as half a point on the selected game's favor, and the "Cormoon definitly" and "Notrium definitly" options as one point.

And For those of you who think that think that Cormoon is gonna take a LONG time, Ville has said that it took him about two years (But I think its three.) to get notrium to the version it is on now..
#
Solus Lupus 17 years ago
Exactly, I am a junior now. Next year senior thats about 2 years from when he started it...or three.
#
Bubb9 16 years ago
I've never been a fan of arcade side scrollers so I go with Notrium def.
#
Forum » Notrium Or Cormoon?

Your email:
Your name: