Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Major Perk Idea

Major Perk Idea

Death Knight 12 years ago
I am digging the game, but i thought of something that makes sense to the perk system. Maybe to allow you to specialize after you have maxed out your main perks, you could allow the player to get a passive bonus of 1+ to any of the stats (agility, strength, dexterity, constitution, intelligence). This would be like the poison resistance but more tailored to all characters. It would be much easier to implement as it was in previous versions.

So here's how it might work. There are no restrictions on stats so you can do strength, dex whatever at any level. It will give that character a chance to specialize further as +1 is with each level up to level 3. So you get +1 t the first level, +2 the second lvl and +3, the 3rd level.

If you think about it, it might not be a bad idea as the game is already rockin. This will not only be simpler to implement but it will allow you to also have something to specialize in when high lvl and maxed out everything.
#
Anne 12 years ago
Thanks for the idea, Death Knight! Do you think you could explain a bit further, as I'm not sure if I understood it completely?

Do you mean after you've played so long, that you've reached master level in all skills, you could get a plus to just a chosen stat (agility, strength, dexterity, constitution, intelligence)? At the moment, we're planning that the player shouldn't quite reach master in all the available skills during the whole adventure. But that might perhaps happen when playing a really long mod to Driftmoon? I might be completely in the wrong tracks though?
#
Deathknight (guest) 12 years ago
No i was along the lines of just a bonus of 1 to said stat per perk taken. So if you wanted to get a small bonus to constitution while you boosted strength with your regular stat per level point, you could. This is just something that might be cool for a 4th talent list. Its not really game-breaking as the max you could get would be +3 after 3 perks.
#
Anne 12 years ago
Thanks for the elaboration, Death Knight! Might be an idea worth considering! We'll give it some thought.
#
Forum » Major Perk Idea

Your email:
Your name: