Register
Email: Password:
Forum » PS3, 360, or Wii?
  • « previous
  • » next
  • PS3, 360, or Wii?

Amarth 17 years ago
    I'm not too sure of that, though. They have released videos showcasing the development software used for the Wiimote gesture recognition, and I believe having read somewhere that these would be available for experimenting with.
    #
    Quanrian 17 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    "Quanrian" said:
    doesn't seem to have any plans to have small Indy games like both the 360 and the PS3 do.
    HUGE FAILURE FOR NINTENDO.

*ahem*

That's being a bit over-dramatic, which I guess was the point ? Anyways, it was more a better selling point for the 360 and PS3 because their games are more expensive to begin with ( it was a selling point for me, that I knew I could get cheap games as well as full priced, full budget ones on my 360). With the Wii having games at 50 or less their isn't as much of a need for budget titles, but it 'may' hurt them. Classics are kewl, but I like having new games to try as well that are cheap.
    #
    darthvader7 17 years ago
    well the only reason square releases final fantasy on ps3 wil be that ps3 has blueray. square love that extra space so they can fill the disc with cgi. oh and by the way nintendo has had final fantasy crystal chronicles
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    "darthvader7" said:
    well the only reason square releases final fantasy on ps3 wil be that ps3 has blueray.
    EXACTLY. Guess who DOESN'T have blu-ray?

"darthvader7" said:
    nintendo has had final fantasy crystal chronicles
    HA. Crystal Chronicles is universally ignored by Final Fantasy fans. As far as they're concerned, it doesn't exist. It gets even less thought than X-2.
    #
    darthvader7 17 years ago
    why would crystal chronicles be ignored. its still a final fantasy game, nothing an change the name. in my opinion final fantasy is boring. i played it twice and got pissed waiting for something exiting to happen. once again ds will dominate with the help of pokemon and mario.
    #
    J.C 17 years ago
    as i said yesterday darth vader, you are not normal.
    well first wii will absolutley dominate and currently is, but its showing games like raymod rabids, sorry but those are Kiddy games, i prefer zelda, and metroid, but nintendo creats way to many, easy. kiddy games.
    they ruind zelda wind waker by making it way to short and the long wait for it.
    #
    Anonymous1157 17 years ago
    "darthvader7" said:
    once again ds will dominate with the help of pokemon and mario.
    You'd think that, after all these years, they would've changed their cliche. I think most of those games are boring, save for a few. For example, I was actually enjoying Paper Mario, which is actually just a cheap, standard, party-based RPG with Nintendo characters... until I realized that Doom 64 existeded! YAY!

My point is, all of the consoles are optimal for the kinds of games they play, as long as you can work around any cliches.
    but its showing games like raymod rabids, sorry but those are Kiddy games
    Can I sue you? Please? I still haven't even finished Rayman 1, although that's partially my own fault, since I kept having to reformat my computer over and over, due to several reasons, which are mostly unrelated to the infamous freeze I keep getting on my newer PCs. I should scrape up $1K and build that quaddual Sempron machine I wanted, and see if it really is Intel's fault, since that's what everyone but me seems to be saying. And maybe--

I'ma stop now before I kill the topic.
    #
    Amarth 17 years ago
    I've got to say, that Rayman games looks like one of the best ones. Plunger-shooting, cow-swinging and milking, ... That one, together with Sports for the multiplayer fun are currently my most wanted things.

Probably until Super Smash Brawl gets released.

Graphics are for 2 years, fun is forever!
    #
    J.C 17 years ago
    drools at the thought of supeer smash brawl.....

yeah i love all super smash games.
    if that has internet multieplayer i am going to own at that......

and i didnt mean to say that all rayman games are bad, just the wii one with the rabids......... good games are the ones that make you by the consle just to play the game, like super mario 64............iv seen some one clock that in 16 mins with only 16 stars........glithes of course!
    #
    Redemption 17 years ago
    "J.C" said:
    good games are the ones that make you by the consle just to play the game
    Halo 3. You'll buy the 360 for that, then realize how many good games are being released during the wait. Then you'll abandon those when halo 3 comes out.
    PS3 will naturally try to counter Halo 3 with their own game, but games like that rarely succeed.
    #
    darthvader7 17 years ago
    even though the games nintendo produces are kiddy, they are good games. and when was the last time you saw a game such as red steel on a nintendo home console.

nintendo makes quality games, even if their kiddy. mario will always sell and i think super smash bros could ruin halos party.

i love rayman ravaging rabbids since its a dam lot of fun....shoot rabbids in the face with a plunger using the wii-mote, its dam fun.

when it comes to fun, nintendo always delivers.
    #
    Redemption 17 years ago
    "darthvader7" said:
    mario will always sell and i think super smash bros could ruin halos party.
    I highly doubt that. People didn't go to work/school on Halo 2's release and it ended with the player wanting more. There is even more hype about Halo 3, so players might not even leave their house for days once they get their copy. '07 is the year of the Halo.
    #
    darthvader7 17 years ago
    maybe so, but super smash bros. melee on the ill fated gamecube sold well all of its console life. smash bros. melee want in the gamecube top ten for like 3 or 4 years.
    #
    Shingo 17 years ago
    Um..... Yeah.

Wait, no.

Halo 2 was a fucking joke. It allowed the NPCs to have jetpacks. the NPCs to use portable turrets. It took away the beloved halo pistol. It did not follow the storyline of the books. It ended with a lameass cliffhanger of a fucked up ending. Now I love the halo franchise, but I'm not going to play the part of a retarded and deluded fanboy and say it was all that and a bag of chips when it wasn't.

Edit: Oh, and did I forget to mention the glitches such as say... the various ways to fly using a sword, the abuse of the x cancel... and the fact that they themselves "pretended" to balance every weapon by sucking up some of them, yet totally said "Screw balance" when they put in an energy sword that never ran out of power? Or the fact that you could throw the flag through the walls?
    #
    Zephyr 17 years ago
    Umm, is it just me, or have we only got 10 votes in the poll, yet more than ten people have replied?
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "Zephyr" said:
    Umm, is it just me, or have we only got 10 votes in the poll, yet more than ten people have replied?
    Might be just you.

And by the looks of the poll, most people want you to get a Wii.
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    Get a new pc.

I mean, nothing in the controller industry can defeat the mighty, the magnificent... Mouse.
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "Pete" said:
    I mean, nothing in the controller industry can defeat the mighty, the magnificent... Mouse.
    'Cept, of course, the DATAGLOVE (and the Wiimote uses the same technology )!
    #
    darthvader7 17 years ago
    "Pete" said:
    Get a new pc.

well the consoles could get a mouse and keyboard, while pcs would slowly get less games due to graphics cards costing too muh for the average joe.
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    "darthvader7" said:
    while pcs would slowly get less games
    I'm sorry, you must be retarded. We sane people actually attempt to look at the real world when we say things.

"Redemption" said:
    '07 is the year of the Halo.
    I think it'll be the year of the Spore, actually. Unless it gets pushed back to '08. Then '07 could definitely be the year of the Halo.

"Amarth" said:
    Graphics are for 2 years, fun is forever!
    Oh, definitely, graphics take a backseat to gameplay any day. That doesn't mean graphics have no impact whatsoever. If you have two identical games, but one has better graphics, I think we all know which one you'd pick.

Besides which, as the complexity of the game increases, it often follows that the complexity of the graphics must also increase. You won't see fully realistic physics in NetHack, for example.
    #
    Amarth 17 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    If you have two identical games, but one has better graphics, I think we all know which one you'd pick.
    True, but that's never the case.
    Besides which, as the complexity of the game increases, it often follows that the complexity of the graphics must also increase. You won't see fully realistic physics in NetHack, for example.
    No, but I haven't seen (for example) the complex cockatrice behavior in any other game, I think. I mean, in how many games can you kill a cockatrice by throwing tinned cans of meat of your deceased enemies to it, and then die by trying to sacrifice it when your gloves were just stolen by a nymph?

Besides, physics != fun. There might be a correlation for certain genres, but it's not a general rule for me.
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    "Amarth" said:
    No, but I haven't seen (for example) the complex cockatrice behavior in any other game, I think. I mean, in how many games can you kill a cockatrice by throwing tinned cans of meat of your deceased enemies to it, and then die by trying to sacrifice it when your gloves were just stolen by a nymph?
    I'm not denying NetHack's complexity, I'm just saying that a game like NetHack is inherently limited in how complex it can be simply due to its graphics. If you think about it, almost every complex interaction in NetHack can simply be expressed in true/false tests (player is carrying cockatrice TRUE player is wearing gloves TRUE okay, nothing bad happens). Compare this to Babylon 5: I've Found Her, where you have to constantly keep track of drift on three axes and apply thrust in any of six (relative) directions while trying to track and destroy a target which is also moving in any of six (relative) directions, while avoiding incoming fire and making sure you don't shoot down your own wingmates. I'm not saying Babylon 5: I've Found Her is a better game (at least, not in its current incarnation), but I will have to say its gameplay is more complex in nature.

Take a look at Spore. Now imagine Spore with sprite-based graphics. Would it really be able to maintain complexity?

EDIT:
    "Amarth" said:
    "MageKing17" said:
    If you have two identical games, but one has better graphics, I think we all know which one you'd pick.
    True, but that's never the case.
    Correction: ALMOST never. I'll definitely admit it doesn't happen as often as I'd like, at any rate.
    #
    Vacuus 17 years ago
    "Amarth" said:
    I mean, in how many games can you kill a cockatrice by throwing tinned cans of meat of your deceased enemies to it, and then die by trying to sacrifice it when your gloves were just stolen by a nymph?

Ivan

Seriously though, Ii do think a PC is a better option, sure they're more expensive for something decent, however there is alot more variety avaliable. How many decent RTS games do you see on consoles?
    #
    Zephyr 17 years ago
    "Pete" said:
    Get a new pc.

I already got one for my birthday. Last July. That's why I want a console. Duh.

Right now, I'm it's a tie between PS3 and 360. The decider shall be which has the better, cheaper games.

EDIT: I was gonna yell at you all to talk about consoles and to screw PCs, but I don't want to be a bossy ass dickweed.
    #
    darthvader7 17 years ago
    hey dude, seriously, theres not tie between ps3 and xbox 360. ps3 has sold not even one million, wii has sold over one million and the xbox 360 has sold in excess of 10 million.

with consoles it doesn't matter which one comes first because which console has a larger fan base gets more attention from developers. for example, gamecube sold so poorly that pretty much only nintendo supported it along with a few major developers like ea and thq

wii looks very promising, xbox 360 looks like its be steady but ps3 isn't realy what it was hyped up to be. all these problems with blue ray lasers, shortages and delays is all there beause sony wanted blueray.
    #
    Idiota 17 years ago
    Dude, do you have any idea what you're talking about? Xbox 360 was there way before the Wii. People wanted a next-gen console. People bought the 360.

But this doesn't make it better. Did you, for example, include the amount of sales in Japan and other Asian countries? They haven't even heard of the X-box.
    #
    darthvader7 17 years ago
    you have to remember that the xbox 360 is more so for people whoe love fps, racing and sports games while ps3 is mostly rpgs and platform games and nintendo is mostly party games and a mix of everything.

and seriously, even if xbox 360 ame out early people wern't forced to buy them. if they didn't want a 360 and wanted to wait, them they could wait. i know alot of people that don't like the ps3 as much as the ps2, they've all don't trust sony to deliver. ps3 was originaly planned to come out a few months after the xbox 360, but due to delays people lost trust.

in my opinion the only good thing sony makes are tvs.
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    Btw, there are still several hundred thousand PS3s unsold in the US (read from a news article on a Finnish gaming website).
    #
    Barebones 17 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:

Take a look at Spore. Now imagine Spore with sprite-based graphics. Would it really be able to maintain complexity?

I have to say that SimEarth wasn't that fun.
    #
    Cejer 17 years ago
    Mageking has recently made a blanket statement that claims "better" graphics allow greater complexity. A true statement might have been that "better" graphics allow the illusion of greater complexity.

Mageking's blanket statement allows it to be disproven with but a single example. I would like to present Dwarf Fortress as that example. While it is a game that appears rendered in ASCII, Dwarf Fortress far surpasses any commercial game in complexity.

However, how Mageking really slipped up is by making the assumption that "realistic" (meaning representational) graphics are better. There have been many games where abstracted graphics allowed to game to succeed when a "realistic" approach would have lacked the proper feel.

Finally, to anyone who has commented on the Wii Remote, please tell us how much play time you have with it. We need to know who has opinions grounded in solid experience and who is uneducated but trying to pass as intelligent.
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "Cejer" said:
    Finally, to anyone who has commented on the Wii Remote, please tell us how much play time you have with it. We need to know who has opinions grounded in solid experience and who is uneducated but trying to pass as intelligent.
    I belong to the latter category (and I feel this is very usually the case). Nobly bought a Wii, but has yet to actually get it. When he DOES, I shall go over to him and get concrete evidence to back my theory of Wii being TEH FUNZ0RZ.
    #
    Zephyr 17 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    I shall go over to him and get concrete evidence to back my theory of Wii being TEH FUNZ0RZ.
    Yeah, right. "TEH FUNZ0RZ" being the definition of ripping your teeth out with rusty pliers...

"darthvader7" said:
    hey dude, seriously, theres not tie between ps3 and xbox 360. ps3 has sold not even one million, wii has sold over one million and the xbox 360 has sold in excess of 10 million.
    Dude. Xbox 360 came out over a year ago. Of course it'll have more sales than the PS3. And it'll have a long way to catch up. But hopefully it'll do it. For Sony's sake.

Hmm. Seems a lot of new good games are coming out for both the 360 and PS3. Fuck. Even Rockstar are releasing GTA on the 360. BASTARDS. With exclusive content? I'LL KILL YOU.

I really like the sound of Dead Rising, Blue Dragon, Gears of War, Halo 2, Halo 3, and all those other Xbox 360 exclusives. :\

*totally and utterly confused*
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "Zephyr" said:
    I really like the sound of Dead Rising, Blue Dragon, Gears of War, Halo 2, Halo 3, and all those other Xbox 360 exclusives. :\
    Correction: Halo 2 is NOT a 360 exclusive. 'Twas released for the "regular" 'Box. Of which I have the Crystal Edition (more-or-less see-through version for the outer casing, not to mention a same sort of treatment for the controllers).
    #
    darthvader7 17 years ago
    sony are screwing themselves. they've lost alot of games that could of been exclusive but now appear on the xbox 360. you know how playstation gets gta then after a few months its on xbox and then later on pc.

oh yea, and there are thousands of ps3s in the usa since not everyone can afford the price, its pretty steep. if i ever bought a ps3 i'd wait for the slim.
    #
    Anarion 17 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    "Zephyr" said:
    Correction: Halo 2 is NOT a 360 exclusive. 'Twas released for the "regular" 'Box. Of which I have the Crystal Edition (more-or-less see-through version for the outer casing, not to mention a same sort of treatment for the controllers).
    Halo 2 was released for PC too wasn't it? Seems to me I had a demo of it lying around at some point.
    #
    Forum » PS3, 360, or Wii?
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: