Forum » PS3, 360, or Wii?
  • « previous
  • » next
  • PS3, 360, or Wii?

Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "Anarion" said:
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    "Zephyr" said:
    I really like the sound of Dead Rising, Blue Dragon, Gears of War, Halo 2, Halo 3, and all those other Xbox 360 exclusives. :\
    Correction: Halo 2 is NOT a 360 exclusive. 'Twas released for the "regular" 'Box. Of which I have the Crystal Edition (more-or-less see-through version for the outer casing, not to mention a same sort of treatment for the controllers).
    Halo 2 was released for PC too wasn't it? Seems to me I had a demo of it lying around at some point.
    WILL be released to PC.

And ONLY for Vista.

Halo 1, though, has been out there for quite some time.
    #
    darthvader7 17 years ago
    even though halo practicaly made microsoft what it is today it doesn't mean that the console would've gone the way of the dreamcast. xbox has alot of good games and so does the 360. xbox 360 has alot of good games compared to planned ps3 games.
    #
    Barebones 17 years ago
    "darthvader7" said:
    even though halo practicaly made microsoft what it is today it doesn't mean that the console would've gone the way of the dreamcast. xbox has alot of good games and so does the 360. xbox 360 has alot of good games compared to planned ps3 games.

I don't think the xbox has actually changed the overall size of Microsoft's coffers at all. I'm pretty sure they had a crapload of many as is. What made Microsoft is the Windows OS.

There's a very large amount of xbox fanboys that don't even care that Microsoft makes the console. I'm sure if they did tho, they'd probably cut off xbox live because, seriously why do they even need to charge for it?
    #
    Shingo 17 years ago
    To be blunt, the 360 has done very well for itself. Titles such as Halo 2, Gears of War, Halflife 2, and TES IV: Oblivion, are a helluva blast to play. All in all, there are many good reasons for one to buy an Xbox 360.

The PS3? Only reason I can even think of buying it would be for Resistance, fall of man. What about the FF franchise, says you? What about it, says I. Please explain to me how you (specificially you, Idiota) can say that the FF has a new and different storyline every time and then try to say that Zelda does not? I somehow find many discrepancies in the storylines of the various zelda games. Yes, there are similarities, I do not deny that, but no more than there are similarities in the FF franchise. That aside, is it really worth it to buy a console for one game? I suppose there will be such titles as God of War II, coming out for the PS3, but currently it woefully lacks reasons for which to buy it.

The Wii? What can I say. Don't even open your mouth about the Wii-mote until you've played games with it. I have indeed played a generous amount of time on an xbox 360. I have indeed played some games on a ps3. The "sixth axis" that Sony practically wet itself over when they decided to steal the motion sensitivity idea from Nintendo? Is a bunch of shit, and is nothing more than a gimmick, and an annoying one at that, which causes the ps3 controller to lose all rumble features. Current reasons to buy a Wii? Twilight Princess, RedSteel, and yes, Wiisports (the game that comes with the Wii). Some may disagree with Wiisports, but what I like is the fact that it shows just how versatile the Wiimote can be, and the fact that it's so damned immersive, as well as Fun! Take the last few puts of a 9 course hole, for an example. It's so intense that me and Cejer have made a "rule" or sorts that neither of us are allowed to so much as speak when the other is putting. It's a palm sweating antagonisingly awesome moment that is worth all of it when you nail your swing for the perfect put. Future titles that we can eagerly expect for the Wii? Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (I don't think I need to say anything else except: A freaking awesome FPS with a wiimote instead of a joystick? I contend that the wiimote even beats a mouse in terms of accuracy and precision), Super Smash Brothers: Brawl (I firmly believe that SSB: Melee has to be the best and funnest fighting game that I have ever played, and I expect great things from its sequel), and Mario Galaxies.

Furthermore, I would say that most of us at monkkonen are either computer and/or console gamers. And the fact that most of us favor the Wii is no mistake. It's that way for a reason.
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    "Cejer" said:
    MageKing has said something! I must said up a straw-man argument and righteously slap it down to make myself look superior!
    I resent your implication that I said graphics allow greater complexity. A better game engine allows better complexity. Graphics are merely the method of conveying information to the player. A lot of games convey information by providing the player with a detailed view of what is going on. If you wish for the player to be able to work with this, you will need graphic complexity to match engine complexity, or you will be left with vague, incomplete information. This is not to say games can't use vague, incomplete information, but in my opinion, vague, incomplete information is less preferable to precise, exact information.

(Note: The above quote is meant entirely for humorous purposes. Cejer did not actually say that, nor do I actually think he thinks like that. I was just a little bored with regular quotes.)
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    Now that I have had my try at Wii, I can truly say that the controls are awesome. :>

Sure, it'll take a bit of practice to master the way of waving the stick (and the 'chuck) in certain games, but it's still bloody awesome.
    #
    varsi 17 years ago
    Well, I don't like consoles, but Wii sounds interesting only because of the strange controlsystem..
    And eyh, it's Nintendo!
    #
    Forum » PS3, 360, or Wii?
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: