Register
Email: Password:
Forum » PDA, Wii!

PDA, Wii!

Madgamer 17 years ago
I recently got an old PDA from my dad and I'm wondering where to get files and softwares for my PDA. Any suggestion? Right now I'm playing solitaire and it got me hooked for like 2 hours straight >.<
#
Vacuus 17 years ago
What kind of OS has it got on it?

Pocket PC is pretty common now, so a simple Google search should get you something. eBay also occasionly has some stuff.
#
Anonymous1157 17 years ago
Depending on exactly how old it is, you may be able to get Windows CE installed on it and program stuff for it. My dad built a little database searcher for one of his clients that runs on CE, and it apparently earned us a few hundred bucks. Where they went, I have no clue.
#
Madgamer 17 years ago
I forgot to add something, free software and files.

Since I'm a gamer (duh), I'd rather have game software installed rather than some huge book fitting into my library.

This PDA has windows microsoft logo on it so I'm purty sure its windows.

And I have installed 2 games but they don't run. However my solitaire DOES run though... I installed 2 of those games into my games directory (with their little folders) and it still won't work.
#
"Madgamer" said:
And I have installed 2 games but they don't run. However my solitaire DOES run though... I installed 2 of those games into my games directory (with their little folders) and it still won't work.
It's either too old or too slow, and problably too old. The newer ones are entirely different from the older ones because smaller processors and the like get developed that aren't very backwards-compatible, so the old ones aren't forwards-compatible with newer PDA OSes and software.
#
MageKing17 17 years ago
Get Space Trader. Right now. It's the one Palm-based game that absolutely everyone needs to have, and it's free, so you've nothing to lose (There's a windows port here which even adds some new features (like custom ships), but it's a little buggy at times).

Besides that, PalmGear is a major site for getting Palm software.
#
Madgamer 17 years ago
I already have Space Trader. Good game, finished it with a 118% on Normal mode.

I'm looking for a good RPG game for my Pocket PC but it seems that there is none. Heck, I found a better RPG game at my friends cellphone and they're the last resort of all gaming types! I tried Strange World and boy, it was full of crap. You can't even rest to regain health, what's wrong with these programmers?

By the way, anybody know a good Pocket PC that has a decent RAM, CPU, medium screen size, and an excellent battery life? My pocket PC currently can hold up until for about 3 hours and 30 minutes. The key here is battery so I might want that kind of PDA when I have the money.

Edit: Sometimes when I try to download stuff into my PDA, it says '...something... is not a valid Win32 application'. Any fix for this? 'Cause I have no idea what they're talking about.

Edit again: Oookay... now that I'm totally screwed on what the hell to do, how do I install stuff that says Win32 Application? All other programs are easily installable but not the error ones. The ones with the errors has big amount of files (like 10 and a folder inside) while the small ones work (5-2 files). I use Active Sync if this helps.

Edit once more...: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.pocketheroes.net/index.php#">http://www.pocketheroes.net/index.php#</a><!-- m -->
This is one of those 'MUST HAVE!!!' (yes, with capital letters and exclamation marks, however deprived of bold letters, underlinage, and italisization.) games. However I'm having a trouble installing it into my PDA. Care to give a lift?

I WANNA PRESS POST REPLY BUTTON!!! *pant*: Woohoo! Found out how to install those thingamajigs into me PDA! If the file is CAB, just copy the file directly into your PDA and use your PDA to unzip that packet. Now it works! I still have no idea on those RAR files though...
#
Madgamer 17 years ago
pdagold.com is an awesome site for freewares.

And I have so much games that I had to delete Space Trader. They just own

By the way, anyone can find a valid Doom Wad file? I went to jimmysoftware.com and all they gave me was some crappy banner picture thingie.
#
"Madgamer" said:
By the way, anyone can find a valid Doom Wad file?
http://freedoom.sourceforge.net/

#
Madgamer 17 years ago
Errr..... Anyone want to give out instructions on how to install Doom?

It's a lot more confusing then other games. Also when I download complete IWAD file, it just turns out to be 'download.php' file with only 17KB in it. I'm doing something wrong eh?
#
"Madgamer" said:
Errr..... Anyone want to give out instructions on how to install Doom?

It's a lot more confusing then other games. Also when I download complete IWAD file, it just turns out to be 'download.php' file with only 17KB in it. I'm doing something wrong eh?
No download accelerators. Use the Firefox manager.
#
Madgamer 17 years ago
Ah ha!

Figured it out and I'm just starting to play the complete Doom version.

It's gonna be rockin'!
#
"Madgamer" said:
Ah ha!

Figured it out and I'm just starting to play the complete Doom version.

It's gonna be rockin'!
Which one? The IDSoftware one or a third party IWAD?
#
Madgamer 17 years ago
Ah crap, something didn't go right.

Anyway, I'm using the IWAD file and it runs in my PC but not one my Pocket PC. When I start them it says they're not pocket PC application.
#
"Madgamer" said:
Ah crap, something didn't go right.
Wow, how descriptive. It's definitely the PDA's fault, and you should blow it up.
"Madgamer" said:
Anyway, I'm using the IWAD file...
Which one, damn it!?
"Madgamer" said:
...and it runs in my PC but not one my Pocket PC. When I start them it says they're not pocket PC application.
Scrap that first statement.

Did you install DOS Doom or PDA Doom? DOS Doom might work if you install DOS. However, if you want to use the IWAD I provided (See second statement in this message), you'll need to install Boom or the outdated DOS port of Eternity.
#
Madgamer 17 years ago
I downloaded the complete full version of IWAD Doomsie.

I got the prBoom engine for windows and I've no idea if there is a PDA engine one for it.

I went to the Boom site, and the linkys don't work.

I feel like such a compie newb. Infact, this is where I go to solve all my hectic problems ops:
#
"Madgamer" said:
I downloaded the complete full version of IWAD Doomsie.
You mean Freedoom? (Was hoping for a specific answer)

"Madgamer" said:
I got the prBoom engine for windows and I've no idea if there is a PDA engine one for it.
No. It's that old. If your PDA doesn't run DOS, then it probably won't work.

"Madgamer" said:
I went to the Boom site, and the linkys don't work.
It really is that hard to find. It's been virtually replaced by all the ports that were built off of it.

"Madgamer" said:
I feel like such a compie newb. Infact, this is where I go to solve all my hectic problems ops:
Don't worry, you're not. In fact, I fully expect my stupid freezing problem to return AGAIN.

In short, just go here. The DOS port is in there somewhere, but it's practically the first version in 16-bit code, so you'll have trouble finding THAT, too. Your best bet is to buy a used camera running Digita OS, and wait until the Digita Doom port becomes developed enough to actually run custom IWADs. Good luck with that, though.
#
Madgamer 17 years ago
I don't think it's worth the time to go through all that trouble just to install it into my PDA. Hell, the PC version works like if it's on whack!

Having trouble with the nightmare difficulty. I made it through 3 levels with it but I'm just DYING like crazy.

Oi, anyways I came to talk about some problem about a game that I have problems with. Mook Masher 2

Whenever I try to install it, my PDA keeps on saying that it can not run due to various messed up problems. I then use the last resort, following directions. But these directions are more confusing then they are proving to be helpful. They say put everything into my document folder and put one of the folders inside fengshui folder that's supposed to be inside my documents folder. I didn't see any but I made the fengshui folder and put in one type of file. When I try, it says you can't do that because my documents can only take one folder and not 2.

... Just read the directions and it should not make sense to you guys at all.
#
Nobody plays Doom on Nightmare unless they plan on beating a record, stupid.

Don't you need Feng Shui for that Mook Masher thing to work?
#
Madgamer 17 years ago
If you haven't noticed, I just LOVE challenges that seem almost impossible. That's why I reserve my adrenaline from my 'madness' just in case.

And you need the Feng Shui thing? I'll check to see if I can find.
#
Forum » PDA, Wii!

Your email:
Your name: