Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Funny thing came up at lunch...

Funny thing came up at lunch...

Falthazar 17 years ago
Many teens don't like their parents right? So me and my friend were wondering, is it evolution for some reason or is it just a thing of today? We were also wondering if other animals dislike their parents at the same age we are.
#
Madgamer 17 years ago
I remember ya, but my brain was completely muddled back then so I injected myself with a syringe of reality and came back on time.

Anyways, the problem teens are hating their parents more and more is because of technology (I'm going to get killed for this >.>;; ). IPods, PS3, and all those fancy-schmancy shit is placing the teens pathway to parents emotion all the time. Think logically and you'll get it.
#
Amarth 17 years ago
"About 2500 years ago, Socrates" said:
The young people of today love luxury; they have bad manners; they scoff at authority and lack respect for their elders; they contradict their parents.
#
Anonymous1157 17 years ago
"Amarth" said:
"About 2500 years ago, Socrates" said:
The young people of today love luxury; they have bad manners; they scoff at authority and lack respect for their elders; they contradict their parents.
Socrates wrote WHAT!?

... Y'know, five seconds ago, I thought that having three NESes wasn't that bad as long as I could pick one to sell. Thou art making me choose to remove two and leave the bedroom untouched, which would have gotten the second one.
#
Crazy 17 years ago
It's a little thing created by nature to avoid in-family relationships. However, we once again got in the way of evolution and basically now it's just described as a "teen thing".

What interests me is that in ancient eras children never left a tribe at any age. People born into a certain tribe stayed there 'til death. How did the system work then?
#
Before I say anything important, I'd like to mention that I read your signature. I accept your apologies for threadmining a bit.

With that out of the way... Yes, I guess it is evolutionary. I remember watching this thing on Nova, and the cheetah forced her teenage kittens to GTFO. I love Nova.

You couldn't leave your tribe in the stone age, even if you wanted to. You'd DIE because they were the only protection you would've had against animals.
#
Grim Reaper 17 years ago
[OT]"A funny thing came up at lunch"? You saying that you laugh at your puke? [/OT]
#
Zombie 17 years ago
"Disliking" parents is often now how it is. It's usually a bit more complicated than that.
#
Crazy 17 years ago
Actually, it's just that simple. As there are very few genes mixing with inbreeding, it gets in the way of evolution, thusly evolution finds ways to "fish" it out.

Also, inbreeding through several generations will create a weaker subspecies, that, in time, will just die out. Tests show that humans are most attracted to the "average" face, both female and male. This is most likely an attempt (and a good one at that) to remove wayward genes from the human genome. Evolution wants to be surefire, not quick.

The best way to explain most human feelings or urges, one needs to look towards evolution and social-anthropological behaviour, which is most obvious in pre-historic ages.

God, i sounded like a technocrat.
#
Leego 17 years ago
I think it's moronic to dislike em', and that the sooner we relize this the sooner we can continue living healthy, now that is not to mention those extreme cases, such as we see everyday, in which the kid is smarter then the parent. For the kids in these cases the parent is an anchor to the kids success.

tank u com agen.
#
Zombie 17 years ago
Again:

"Disliking" parents is often now how it is. It's usually a bit more complicated than that.

Most kids and teens today often think they dislike their parents but, in truth, they really don't. They simply want more freedom and such, or have one of many psychological problems. It's usually not their parents in general, but something their parents do or something about their situation that they subconsciously associate with their parents.

If we are going to talk psychology, it is much too base to simply say "kids dislike their parents" when, after they have grown up and moved out, most people retain good relationships with their parents. If they really disliked their parents, this would not occur.

I do think most people are annoyed by their parents as I don't think they ever stop acting as if they are somehow more important or are somehow socially superior to you.
#
[OT]

... Leego? How've you been, man! Hey, everyone, Leego's back!
[/OT]
#
Xiao Kotai 17 years ago
I think that the reason for teen rebelion is the fact that all of these electronics are focused at the teen age group. And since these electronic cost so mush, their parents will not let them have those things. Either that, or its a conspiracy...
#
Amarth 17 years ago
How are they focused on the teenage group? I'd rather say that most people into gadgets, games, ... are from the 20-40 category. The teenage group does not have the money to buy them, like you say, so why would a company only focus on that?

And if that's the major reason why you're fighting with your parents, be happy.
#
Leego 17 years ago
"Anonymous1157" said:
[OT]

... Leego? How've you been, man! Hey, everyone, Leego's back!
[/OT]
good,good, and yourself?
#
Anarion 17 years ago
You come and go quite a bit don't you Leego?
#
Leego 17 years ago
"Anarion" said:
You come and go quite a bit don't you Leego?
heh, sure do.
#
Don't leave again, Leego. It got so boring after you and everyone else left. It's just been the ten(ish) of us for a year.
#
Leego 17 years ago
"Anonymous1157" said:
Don't leave again, Leego. It got so boring after you and everyone else left. It's just been the ten(ish) of us for a year.

ohhh i see, well i'll do my best. I actually advertised these forums and the games at Game Spot for new recruits.
#
Madgamer 17 years ago
Obviously, there hasn't been an improvement.

And I did go to another forums just because the game I played was awesome, but the community was filled with idiots.

...What? Is it something that I said?

*goes to the corner and begans praying on a circle shaped symbol with a star inside*
#
Idiota 17 years ago
Yeah, these forums have always had something that only attracted the smarter type of persons. There are exceptions ofcourse.
#
Crazy 17 years ago
It's because we're an extremely elitist community. We violently root out anyone that doesen't stand up to our standards. And as the entire community consists of people that "fit regulations", it only attracts more of these people.
#
The Gemini 17 years ago
It's a good thing though. It is nice to be able to speak intelligent (and unintelligent) conversations without noobs interfering.

Anyway, back to da topic. I believe that the thing about teenagers is naturall. It is a way of learning how to live and how to be a human. Living in such an elvolved society, we can't be teached everything we need to exist in it, we have to figure some of it ourselves. It's a good thing actually, both for the individual person, and for our spieces as a whole.
#
Madgamer 17 years ago
Well it HAS dated back since the ancients times when young 'dults began messing around a lot.

Suffice to say I believe it has to do with just the age, technology is a minor factor, but a factor nonetheless.
#
zerocoal 17 years ago
the thing about adults sitting there wondering why teens dont like their parents at this age is a little bit biased because the adults are the ones being hated and they think they didnt do anything wrong. its like that in schools too, we do stupid things that offend people then we wonder what we did. as a teen, i say that we dislike our parents simply because their adults, and because their adults they generally tend to think they are smarter, stronger, and better than us. we get this from school where the teachers sit there and make you believe that you are just a little slave that needs to sit and be quiet. you have no freedom until your out of school and out on your own. basically, we think of parents as teachers. and we hate teachers so its just natural ^_^

and saying technology isnt for teens because they cant afford it is wrong. look at all the stuff for toddlers, last time i checked they were poorer than teens
#
Crazy 17 years ago
Actually, you don't get a whole lot of freedom after you finish school.

There's the small factor of survival, meaning you have to find a high school, college and a job. Then stay on that same crappy job until you die.

Ain't life wonderful?
#
Amarth 17 years ago
No, you forgot a step. Stay on the job until you retire, then wait until you die because you cannot do anything useful anymore.
#
Crazy 17 years ago
Actually, taking the average age into the equation, i'll die before i retire. So basically, i spend my whole life collecting funds to live a happy life after i retire, but then die a few years before i'm supposed to actually retire.
#
zerocoal 17 years ago
haha that life isnt much of a survival, more of a controlled existance. and i didnt mean that we get freedom after high school, just that we think we're free because parents and teachers force us to do what they want us to. if you really want survival, go live in the woods with nothing but a sharp stick
#
Forum » Funny thing came up at lunch...

Your email:
Your name: