Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Space Empire RP (Spelling officially checked by Idiota)
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Space Empire RP (Spelling officially checked by Idiota)

The stranger 17 years ago
    I wish to start an rp topic like the eetoee (i think thats it) but not as... well... in depth. But I want to use the "posts untill that is done" thing. There will be some rules like "no comeing in and saying u blow up and kill us all " and anny thing like that! you wont need big bios, some times you may not even need a bio at all! But now to the point... it will be an space rp were u start an empire, (duh) there may be wars there may be arse holes messing it all up! but still lets have a fun rp nothing too big, but good!

P.S. there will hopefully be a topic to talk about
    S.E.R.P (space empire role play)
    #
    The Gemini 17 years ago
    Well, this might work, but there is required some debth for any RP to work though.
    #
    LunaticNeko 17 years ago
    Before going anywhere, please make sure you can spell "Space Empire RP" correctly, as it will reflect how professional you are. Then again, I might want to join.
    #
    The Gemini 17 years ago
    I want to join if others join too. I have been wanting to do a sci fi RP for quite some time now.
    #
    harwe 17 years ago
    reminds me of Space Empires
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    Yaay old EETEE!! Yppiiie!

Seriously though, lets do that. No complicated rules, no restrictions, the

2 Posts till my ship fires its supah cannon.

system, and last but not least, FUN!
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    Hell no. We ditched the "posts left until" style for a damned good reason, and the EEToEE is dead. It will stay dead. You wanting to bring it back will not bring it back, especially if you didn't participate meaningfully the first time. If you want to RP, the AETAS should satisfy all your needs here... and if it doesn't, you're perfectly free to go somewhere else.
    #
    Well at the end of the 5 day poll I will say "yay" or "nay".

P.S. This is NOT EEtEE, I just like the post thing, and i said LIKE not same as, just like.
    #
    "Thaimodz" said:
    Before going anywhere, please make sure you can spell "Space Empire RP" correctly, as it will reflect how professional you are. Then again, I might want to join.
    I did spell it right.
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    Hell no. We ditched the "posts left until" style for a damned good reason, and the EEToEE is dead. It will stay dead. You wanting to bring it back will not bring it back, especially if you didn't participate meaningfully the first time. If you want to RP, the AETAS should satisfy all your needs here... and if it doesn't, you're perfectly free to go somewhere else.

Yes, Mageking at his full friendliness again...

Sheesh! If he wants to, he can, the internet is freedom-filled place. If you dont like it, dont participate. The difference between AETAS and EETEE is huge by the way. For example, in its best times EETEE would get like 2 new pages of posts a DAY... In AETAS its what, like three posts a day?

And can you remind me why,exactly, we ditched the post until thing? I dont exactly remember...
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "The stranger" said:
    "Thaimodz" said:
    I did spell it right.
    1) Please refrain from double-posting (i.e. posting in a thread where the last post is by you and was posted less than 24h ago).
    2) No, you didn't.
    "The Topic that The Stranger" said:
    sapce empire rp
    #
    harwe 17 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    "The Topic that Harwe" said:
    sapce empire rp

whaa?? i meant that game, its like umm.... the same if you play it, the same concept .. bah
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    Not so much of a edit: Also, AETAS has a set theme. EETEE doesnt.And thats why it can be so much fun... you can do anything.
    #
    harwe 17 years ago
    OH CRAP!!! i didnt mean to triple post!!!!! i thought i edited it.... ummm... srry, really srry, can someone delete it? It was when i wanted to edit it after posting so i hit "back" and submitted it, and etc

anyway, space empires 1-5 is a turn based strategy game, i mean really indepth, I think its just strategy now..... argh.. i dont think i know what im trying to say

wiki
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "harwe" said:
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    "The Topic that Harwe" said:
    sapce empire rp

whaa?? i meant that game, its like umm.... the same if you play it, the same concept .. bah
    1) Sorry for my absent-mindedness (typing Harwe instead of The Stranger). Fixed now.
    2) Dude, triple posting. NOT GOOD.
    #
    E_net4 17 years ago
    You must click on "Submit" only Once!
    #
    1: Sorry i found the spelling error.(sapce)

2: And im sorry about the 2 posts.
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    "harwe" said:
    anyway, space empires 1-5 is a turn based strategy game, i mean really indepth, I think its just strategy now..... argh.. i dont think i know what im trying to say
    Trust me, we already know all about it. Stop making a fool of yourself in public.

@Pete: If you allow people to make things get done faster the more they post, the likely-hood that people are going to post spam just to decrease the counter goes up dramatically. Two people posting one after another in rapid succession will get everything done super-fast without technically violating double-posting rules. Hence why you don't see it happening anymore after a certain point in the EEToEE.

The EEToEE failed for the same reason it kicked off, if you think about it. It was originally (from what I remember) somewhere were spam was dumped, as a way of breaking it out of another thread where it had started to collect. The spam (which had been about Thaimodz trying to nuke someone, I think) continued into a bunch of spamposts about trying to destroy everyone (like "I've got 100,000 undead soldiers which cannot be destroyed by any known weapon which I unleash on you! Ha ha!"). Then I came in and set a precedent which made it doomed right from the start. I simply declared "this is how it is, 'cuz I say it's like this now", and when people argued I said "No, you're wrong, 'cuz I say so." (I'm not kidding about this. You can't see it anymore (due to thread-pruning done by Idiota (that bastard )), but that's essentially what I did, just wrapped up in RP-ish fluff). I prevented it from going back into the spam using the same method. Someone (cleverly trying to imitate me) would say something like "Well, actually, its like this 'cuz I say so" and I'd just say "No, it's not, 'cuz I said it was like this before you said it was like that, and besides, these people agree with me" (which they did, because they liked the new style better). Any psychologist, though, can tell you what a horrible mistake this was. It could have been done properly, but being a few years younger and more inexperienced than I am now, I had not even the slightest chance of doing so (meaning by implication that I only have a slight chance of doing so now, were I to try. ).

A similar thing doomed the AETAS. People were starting to unconciously slip into habits learned from the EEToEE, however much they might have tried to avoid it. Then came a few totally pointless arguments (a good chunk of which was my fault) and we eventually performed a reset. This seemed to be working... though as near as I can tell, people just lost interest (myself included).
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    Sooooo, will we start this or not? I think its worth a try...

"MageKing17" said:

@Pete: If you allow people to make things get done faster the more they post, the likely-hood that people are going to post spam just to decrease the counter goes up dramatically. Two people posting one after another in rapid succession will get everything done super-fast without technically violating double-posting rules. Hence why you don't see it happening anymore after a certain point in the EEToEE.

If they would want to have it done super fast, they would set it to like 1 post anyway. You wont cheat is one of the basic rules in everything.

...maybe, just maybe the thing that doomed EETEE was that we ended up with one unbeatable alliance in which almost everyone was?
    #
    Idiota 17 years ago
    No. What killed EETEE was the fact that no one allowed an opposing faction. I tried. I really did try, as an evil necromancer. Back then I didn't realise that by giving up being the bad guy I actually doomed EETEE. But the moment I let loose of necromancy, the thread was doomed. Uberwaffe's attempt to save it was good enough, but the fact that he had to act like another person RPing another person made him fail.

Fact is, MageKing and his Alliance didn't allow for the enemy to exist. I was allowed to build for 10 posts, then they came and blew everything away. It wasn't my fault. I tried to retaliate. But I wasn't allowed to retaliate, because I was inferior to the Alliance of 4 players. But what none of us realised, was that the fun of RPing isn't about winning. It's about playing your character. Making a personality, adept to other people, and force other people to adept to you. It's not about who has the bigger army and wins. If The Alliance had allowed my force to be as big as the 4 of them, and our leading characters had started to interact with eachother, the RP would have worked I think.

That's what is making me think of joining the new RP. Not this one mind you. But I don't like steampunk all too much. I want a Science Fiction setting, but with limits to it's size. Stellar sized world. day-long travels between planets. More different races to choose from than there are players.

You know what... Perhaps I might even make this "My project", for when the next RP collapses. I might just put all my effort into creating a world in which all of you may RP. Not just a map. I'm talking about a history, which leads to the current situation. In-depth telling of the conflicts and troubles that come, pass and stay, both on global and stellar levels. I'll leave enough content out for you players to imagine.

If anyone wants to help me with this, be my guest. But I won't accept more than 1 helper.
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    I offer my helpage.
    #
    Idiota 17 years ago
    Well, that prety much concludes the 'I might need help' part. I probably couldn't wish for a more active and creative (in that mix) person on these boards.

Well Grim, I'm not going to use you as my 'check if you like this' slave like I had someone do with some of my other projects. I know you're a creative person and it would be a shame to not use that. So I guess it's fair if we both add an equal amount of content in this.
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "Idiota" said:
    I probably couldn't wish for a more active and creative (in that mix) person on these boards.

Well Grim, I'm not going to use you as my 'check if you like this' slave like I had someone do with some of my other projects. I know you're a creative person and it would be a shame to not use that. So I guess it's fair if we both add an equal amount of content in this.
    Dude, you're killing me with compliments. Please stop, for I don't think my heart can take any more.

And I was being SERIOUS.
    #
    The Gemini 17 years ago
    Sounds interresting. Don't let that idea die, Idiota!
    #
    Anonymous1157 17 years ago
    Now that you mention it, what are we going to stab this thread with?
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    Rusty forks a classic choice.
    #
    Anarion 17 years ago
    "Pete" said:
    Rusty forks a classic choice.
    Hey yeah! We haven't stabbed anything or anyone with a rusty fork for some time now.
    #
    Ok sorry but due to vote there will be no to space empire rp... So i will say it now. "nay."
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "The stranger" said:
    Ok sorry but due to vote there will be no to space empire rp... So i will say it now. "nay."
    So you say that a tie in votes = no?

Also, even if you abandon it, Idiota (and me) will most probably try and make something out of it.
    #
    The Gemini 17 years ago
    "The stranger" said:

Hey, you can't say no when it is a tie. You got 7 people who want to do this, and thats more than enough players for a RP.
    #
    Well ok... I will make a topic.

[list]ok the rules
    1: No killing other people uless it is ok with them
    2: (I will use the "post till blank is done/finished/found/ect)if its some thing big like a base at least 7 post, but if it is small like a tv getting fixed than like 1 to 2 posts
    3: ok here is the indepth thing: you cant say things like: on an island.
    were is the island? Or you enter a building weres the building? Is it big, is it small, and so on. But it will not need stuff like: it has mold or poka dots or anny thing like that (unless it realy needs to)
    4: dont be an arse! no one likes an arse.
    5: agin with the in depth thing you can put an history of your guy if you want to but you dont need to.
    6: last one just be nice, have fun.[/list:u]

Now i will tell that rp forum thing that serp is going to start soon! (yay) (yay)

P.S. I may make more rules if i have to. Just so you now.
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    Goodie!

Now to think of my character... I wonder if I could still use my intelligent matter idea from the old EETEE as I never really got as in-depth with that as I wanted...
    #
    "Pete" said:
    Goodie!

Now to think of my character... I wonder if I could still use my intelligent matter idea from the old EETEE as I never really got as in-depth with that as I wanted...
    what i mean is there is a forum page for serp now.
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "The stranger" said:
    Well i posted the char sheet and how to send it to me in the proper rp forum. Just so you now
    Hang on. Where exactly did you post it?
    #
    Ok there is a SERP - Discission forum! (thats the topics name)
    #
    Forum » Space Empire RP (Spelling officially checked by Idiota)
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: