Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Werewolf Setting - Discussion and Poll
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Werewolf Setting - Discussion and Poll

E_net4 16 years ago
    Yes I know... We'll start this as soon as we have a less load.
    I've started typing the story. I just hope you'll find it curious.
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    If you really want to play Werewolf that badly, I can just leave Wolfbot running.
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    That ain't the same thing. I'm proposing a werewolf game with a storyline.
    And, in fact, I already have it.
    #
    Crazy 16 years ago
    Well, yes, thats what i was proposing aswell, once the RP and Nomic end/die.
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    Alright. End of discussion there. I'll keep on improving the story until then.
    #
    Murska 16 years ago
    I think Werewolf is different enough from the other things we have going on that we can get it off the ground before the who-knows how long RP/Nomic things end. Besides, I've got some nifty plans, depending on my role...
    Anyway, the more things happening on the forum the better, and WW can always be remade later if we really don't have anyone interested.
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    As you know, I am building the storyline and characters. But now I need some interesting names for the player classes, which would fit in the Virtual Reality theme. Here's what I have:

-Individual (Villager)
    -Murderer (Werewolf)
    -Hacker (Seer)
    -Connector (Cupid)
    -Blocker (Guardian)
    -Moderator (Mayor)
    -Criminal (Vigilante)
    -Decoder (Aer)
    -Fighter (Crazy War Veteran)

I really do think we should have better names. I'm hereby asking for suggestions and support. Also, I'm going to have at least 2 pictures for the storyline.
    #
    E_net4 15 years ago
    I am able to start the Werewolf game in a few days. Meanwhile, you shall think about joining it.

#
    Anarion 15 years ago
    Failing to see the point of the cube here.
    #
    Redemption 15 years ago
    What is that, some kind of a death cube?
    #
    E_net4 15 years ago
    "Redemption" said:
    What is that, some kind of a death cube?
    You're right, it's called a Death Cube. When someone dies, that person takes such a form, which is class dependant.

It is time to sign up. I won't have any internets until next week, so you better do it now. It's about time to start the game.
    #
    Amarth 15 years ago
    I'm in for another werewolf.
    #
    Murska 15 years ago
    In. I've been poking E for a long time now about it.
    #
    Anarion 15 years ago
    Yeah, guess you can count me in too.
    #
    MageKing17 15 years ago
    Why not. A longer Werewolf is more fun than short Wolfbot matches, which we can't seem to get people to join in anyway.
    #
    E_net4 15 years ago
    I remind you that we need at least 9 players if we want to use all the classes.
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    Now that I'm on holidays, it's about time to go on with this. I'll just see what I can recover from my files. Meanwhile, you shall say "Aye" if you're willing to participate. If I get 9 Aye's or more, a new Werewolf game will start.
    #
    Amarth 14 years ago
    Like above, I'm in.
    #
    Murska 14 years ago
    I'm in, of course.
    #
    Narvius 14 years ago
    Care to elaborate *what* we can join?
    #
    Murska 14 years ago
    A PbP Werewolf game. Awesome. Join!
    #
    MageKing17 14 years ago
    I'm always in for Werewolf.
    #
    Narvius 14 years ago
    "Murska" said:
    A PbP Werewolf game.
    *sigh*

Okay, I join.
    #
    Zankman 14 years ago
    O.K. guys sorry for asking stupid questions and such, but I don't really get what this topic is about. Could someone care to elaborate? (is it roleplaying?)
    #
    MageKing17 14 years ago
    "Zankman" said:
    O.K. guys sorry for asking stupid questions and such, but I don't really get what this topic is about. Could someone care to elaborate? (is it roleplaying?)
    <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_%28party_game%29">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_%28party_game%29</a><!-- m -->
    #
    Narvius 14 years ago
    Huh, now I've got it, too.
    I'll happily join.
    #
    Zankman 14 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    "Zankman" said:
    <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_%28party_game%29">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_%28party_game%29</a><!-- m -->

Aaaaaaaaaaaaah... Hm. I only played "Assassin" version. So PbP is Play by Post?
    I also want to join!
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    So we have Amarth, Murska, MK, Narvius and Zankman, 5 Aye's so far. I'll be working on the text stuff. I ought to type in as much as I can before it starts. The introduction and the 1st day in the morning are draftly done.

Also, here are the classes that will be introduced in the game, with their standard names. I added an explanation to each one, for the understandings of newcomers.

-Villager(general players with no perks. They can vote a victim for the end of the day and vote for a mayor);
    -Werewolf(the "bad guys". The werewolf group can choose 1 person to kill at night, while pretending to not be one in the day time);
    -Seer(can discover a person's identity every night);
    -Cupid(can perform a link of love between 2 players);
    -Guardian(can choose to protect someone every night);
    -Vigilante(can kill 1 person at night, once);
    -Crazy War Veteran(when being chosen to lynch, can choose 1 player to die with him);
    -Aer(takes the 1st dead player's perk);
    -Also the mayor, though it's not really a class.
    We'll need many players for making use of all of them, so tell me what you think about it.
    #
    Narvius 14 years ago
    Seem to be quite a lot. I somehow doubt we'll get that many.

Explain Cupid.
    Only villagers can 'lynch', as you've put it, yes?
    *All* roles are hidden, I assume. Well, it would be kinda stupid if not.
    #
    Amarth 14 years ago
    "Narvius" said:
    Seem to be quite a lot. I somehow doubt we'll get that many.
    Mmm, let's wait for a while. I also think we can do without one of CWV or Vigilante, or with a seer on the wolf side or something.

Explain Cupid.
    At the start of the game, cupid picks two people who fall in love. If one of the couple dies, the other dies too. They are required to protect each other and cannot vote on each other in times of lynching or (when one of them is wolf and the other not) in time of killing. The goal of the cupided couple is to survive - either among the villagers or wolves, or as two only remaining players for a mixed couple (which is always cool to see). Once cupid has chosen this couple, he becomes a normal villager.
    Only villagers can 'lynch', as you've put it, yes?
    Nope. Since everyone is actually trying to behave as a villager to avoid detection of their real roles, everyone can lynch. That means wolves are encouraged to join in the discussion and try to get non-wolves lynched. Of course, they have a numerical minority so they need to subtly influence the others...
    *All* roles are hidden, I assume. Well, it would be kinda stupid if not.
    Yip. You can reveal your role, lie about your role, bluff about your role or just don't speak about your role. Roles are revealed to the Seer (one per night at his choice) and at death of the player.

You could read through the previous werewolf games we had at this forum, see the topics named "werewolf 2" to "werewolf 6" in project's corner (we lost the first one it seems). My personal favorite is 4, although 2 is a nice read for the conclusion and post-game strategy discussion too. If you want to start on equal footing as most others, read through them all...
    #
    Pete 14 years ago
    Might join as well, not completely decided yet, though.

I mean I did get pwned last time if I recall correctly C:
    #
    MageKing17 14 years ago
    "Amarth" said:
    You could read through the previous werewolf games we had at this forum, see the topics named "werewolf 2" to "werewolf 6" in project's corner (we lost the first one it seems). My personal favorite is 4, although 2 is a nice read for the conclusion and post-game strategy discussion too. If you want to start on equal footing as most others, read through them all...
    The ironic thing is that #3 is probably the least interesting to read despite having the most back-alley scheming because just about everything happened in back-alley scheming. You'd have to find a full set of IRC chatlogs (plus sent PMs) to figure out everything that went on in that game, because if you're reading the thread it just seems like out of the blue a whole bunch of players declare that there are only two people who could be werewolves... and are right.

The best read is #4, without a doubt. There was very little scheming going on, since the cupid couple wasn't a mix (like it seems to be so often), and the ending was an incredibly combination of coincidental choices (influenced by some scheming, if the after-action posts are to be believed, but not determined by it), and the events that unfold are truly fun to watch, even this long after it happened (my perceptions may be tainted by my participation in that game, but I don't think so).
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    What I didn't like was the result of the last game. I mean, how could the villagers win after killing an Aer'd seer and a villager in a row?

Also, if we have to remove one of the classes, which one would you prefer? I'd say the Vigilante.
    #
    Narvius 14 years ago
    Yeah, the vigilante can go.
    #
    Amarth 14 years ago
    In the last game the villagers won by a bit of dirty tricks, and the luck of Shingo not being around at critical moments perhaps. If you didn't notice what happened, I posted a little explanation in the discussion afterwards. IMO, dirty tricks are very much encouraged, and you should always be on your guard for them. However, 2 wolves for 9 players might not be enough perhaps, which is why I (well, I think Murska was first on IRC to say this) proposed the wolf seer.

Also remember, the sacrifice of the couple made me perfectly trustworthy for the villagers. The wolves also couldn't kill me because the angel was very probably protecting me. So the game was in the very strange position of having a trustworthy mayor who couldn't be killed. If I had only one other person I could trust (or certainty about whom I couldn't trust) we couldn't lose the game and I found that person with the Dirty Trick (TM).
    #
    Forum » Werewolf Setting - Discussion and Poll
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: