Register
Email: Password:
Forum » The new gaming thread
  • « previous
  • » next
  • The new gaming thread

NeoGangster 15 years ago
    "Cheater" said:
    That Ginormo Sword thing always throws me back to the main page?!

You have to click the "click to start"
    #
    Narvius 15 years ago
    Doesn't help.
    #
    E_net4 15 years ago
    Ginormo Sword gives me the lulz... and I like it.
    #
    The Gemini 15 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    Ginormo Sword gives me the lulz... and I like it.
    Not when you meet the witch. Its impossible to kill her.
    #
    Amarth 15 years ago
    Is that the sorceress at the end of the first half? That one was easy with a bit of timing. The attacks are easy to evade, and a decent sword will do some damage.

I was at the one-but-last map element, but I had to quit. And now the game won't load anymore, same thing as with Cheater.
    #
    The Gemini 15 years ago
    "Amarth" said:
    Is that the sorceress at the end of the first half? That one was easy with a bit of timing. The attacks are easy to evade, and a decent sword will do some damage.
    Guess I have to try some more then.
    #
    Narvius 15 years ago
    After being able to start it...
    Yeah, she is not that hard.
    Seemingly, she will never cast the same spell twice in a row, and in melee, that thunderbolt is the most dangerous.
    So just wait (in some distance) until she casts the bolt, then run to her and hack her apart. Repeat.

The *next* boss is hard.
    #
    E_net4 15 years ago
    Every creature can be killed. Sometimes you just need some more gear. For instance, I made a Uber-water Katana to beat the hell out the Freet, or whatever it's called, or else I wouldn't be giving any damage.

Edit: Ffreet is the name. What the hell...
    #
    NeoGangster 15 years ago
    if you think one of the bosses is impossible wait for the last boss and I don't mean the bosses in the last part of the map
    #
    harwe 15 years ago
    Funny Farm
    don't know what to say about it..... also I'm not sure if someone said this already
    #
    Narvius 15 years ago
    Let's do a collab - I've done a big part of {-1, -1}, where {0, 0} is the farm. May be fun, and they suggest to do it together anyways.
    #
    Murska 15 years ago
    Heh. Got around to playing Ginormo Sword and soon, soon I shall have a sword Sephiroth could be proud of. What's the use of adding width to it anyway?

Arg... Hate the lizard assassin. It freaking teleports on me.
    #
    E_net4 15 years ago
    I recommend you those gloves thingies that extend your attack time. Then you need a strong weapon. Remember that the lizard assassin teleports each time you attack.
    #
    Narvius 15 years ago
    LOL. I just met Arthur (Skeleton Random Boss) and hacked him to pieces - 4.000.000G! (Uh... I'm not sure about the amount of zeroes, enough to buy the most expensive armor in the town twice). Claymore Level 95 ^.^
    The witch took four-five blows (with the gloves - I napalmed the cloud boss for 20 minutes, that's enough cash to buy a lot of useful stuff), Efreet will be no problem, I guess.

Width extends the attack range vertically, I guess - I don't use it, too ^.^
    #
    Murska 15 years ago
    Doesn't increase enough. Also, Death is rather annoying, but doesn't seem to be THAT difficult. Just some more holy enchantments for my weapon, courtesy Valkyries.

I've got 40 million gold right now, and am saving up 100 million for the best spell... Taking forever. Arthur only gave me 2million, and the other random bosses are like, WAY WAY WAY too boring to kill. Hacked a Macrophage to pieces, took me half an hour... One damage bar per 14 strikes. :/

I've been trying to gather up all Library records but it's almost impossible. Some of those things are way too rare and have way too much hp...
    #
    Amarth 15 years ago
    You probably know the curse of Wikipedia. One day, I was reading a bit about variations of Nomic, got into variations of chess, and eventually for some reason ended at a nice game I never heard of: ChessRogue. It's a roguelike (you know, like Nethack and ADOM) but with chess pieces: you are a whimsical piece and you must take on the entire opposing army consisting of pawns, knights, bishops and the more unorthodox sergeants, eagles, tigers and stuff. Capturing pieces earns you new powers like the ability to jump over water, capture diagonally, etc.

And it's fucking hard. Practice mode is fairly easy as it warns you when you are moving into check and allows you to restart the level if you are captured. Start playing normal mode and you'll beat your head against the table every 5 minutes. Have fun and don't hurt your table.
    #
    E_net4 15 years ago
    *table smash*
    #
    MageKing17 15 years ago
    Just beat the game for the first time... on practice mode.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ChessRogue 0.3.0 game score
    You played at practice difficulty.
    You reached level 25 and at 2008-06-05 21:26:43 you were victorious!

Along the way you captured:
    Pawns : 509 @ 1 point
    Sergeants : 110 @ 2 points
    Bishops : 138 @ 3 points
    Generals : 53 @ 2 points
    Mantraps : 93 @ 3 points
    Lances : 38 @ 3 points
    Knights : 66 @ 3 points
    Eagles : 41 @ 4 points
    Rooks : 48 @ 5 points
    Tigers : 29 @ 6 points
    Queens : 10 @ 9 points
    Crocodiles : 7 @ 9 points
    Your longest continuous run of captures was 8 moves

From this you gained 12 powers and 10 superpowers!

You captured the Archbishop (+30 points)
    You also scored 1851 bonus points!

Your score was then doubled for winning!

Your total score was therefore 5202 points.

Wow. Even with the game telling me exactly when I was about to commit suicide, that was still hard as hell. I shudder to think of how many times I will die in the actual game.

Powers were fun, though. Teleportation, attacking all adjacent squares simultaneously, capturing pieces between you and your destination, the Archbishop's Staff... very very fun. Once you actually get them, that is.
    #
    Aegis 15 years ago
    omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg.
    Ahem. Sorry.
    <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://crysis-thegame.com/">http://crysis-thegame.com/</a><!-- m -->
    #
    The Gemini 15 years ago
    "Aegis" said:
    omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg.
    Ahem. Sorry.
    <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://crysis-thegame.com/">http://crysis-thegame.com/</a><!-- m -->
    Dunno about you guys, but for me Crysis was a major disapointment. Hope this follow up will put things right.
    #
    Murska 15 years ago
    I liked Crysis. Mostly because I usually measure games on singleplayer, perhaps?
    #
    Narvius 15 years ago
    ChessRogue beats everything. LOLz.
    #
    Murska 15 years ago
    Yeah, the game's really fun. The special levels are a bit difficult though. I always end up trapped between two hordes of pawns supported by sergeants. :/
    #
    Aegis 15 years ago
    "The Gemini" said:

Dunno about you guys, but for me Crysis was a major disapointment.
    Impossible! Unconscionable! Unfeasible! Impracticable! Improbable! Impractical! Unthinkable! Implausible! Unworkable! Unviable!
    #
    Narvius 15 years ago

ChessRogue 0.3.0 game score
    You played at practice difficulty.
    You reached level 25 and at 2008-06-08 12:11:34 you were victorious!

Along the way you captured:
    Pawns : 431 @ 1 point
    Sergeants : 101 @ 2 points
    Bishops : 104 @ 3 points
    Generals : 53 @ 2 points
    Mantraps : 66 @ 3 points
    Lances : 30 @ 3 points
    Knights : 50 @ 3 points
    Eagles : 35 @ 4 points
    Rooks : 29 @ 5 points
    Tigers : 17 @ 6 points
    Queens : 11 @ 9 points
    Crocodiles : 6 @ 9 points
    Your longest continuous run of captures was 6 moves

From this you gained 12 powers and 10 superpowers!

You captured the Fortifier (+30 points)
    You captured the Archbishop (+30 points)
    You also scored 2561 bonus points!

Your score was then doubled for winning!

Your total score was therefore 4178 points.

Quite easy after getting some important stuff (mantrap superpower is nice). In fact, I had 0 "You're going to suicide if you do this" messages in the king level.
    With a good tactic you can pwn the first few pawns without a problem.
    It's hardly possible to get to 15 crocs. You either need to die after killing them all multiple times (exploit - should be fixed) or having learning while killing them.
    The fortifier special level is easy.
    The best combo is repeat + capture-everything-you-jump-over + jump-with-everything + move-capture 3 squares.

I guess I'll tweak the game a little for my needs (snarl not stacking, for example - 4k turns of fear, anyone?).
    #
    Amarth 15 years ago
    Lemme just say that practice mode doesn't count.

I can get to level 5-ish easily these days, but they always manage to trap me. It's not the stupid mistakes anymore, it's the strategy. Sigh. Choosing the place of battle is half the fight, it seems.
    #
    Narvius 15 years ago
    The main problem is that you need more kills to get a power, not that it doesn't say you that you're about to die.
    #
    MageKing17 15 years ago
    "Cheater" said:
    The best combo is repeat + capture-everything-you-jump-over + jump-with-everything + move-capture 3 squares.
    No, actually. The best combo is repeat-indefinitely (second queen power) + move-one-square-orthogonally. It captures everything on a row with you.
    #
    Narvius 15 years ago
    That's almost the same. Charge (2nd rook, I guess) captures everything on your multi-square way. It's easier to obtain.
    #
    MageKing17 15 years ago
    "Cheater" said:
    That's almost the same. Charge (2nd rook, I guess) captures everything on your multi-square way. It's easier to obtain.
    Not almost the same. Performing an indefinite-repeat with a 3-move-charge causes you NOT to charge pieces near water, and often causes you to stop when you land in water as well (if you didn't collect the second water power... which I never did).
    #
    Narvius 15 years ago
    Well, whatever.
    It's hard to loose anyways when you're so far.
    #
    Narvius 15 years ago
    Not gaming, but still yay: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://youtube.com/watch?v=i5vOp-B8vWQ">http://youtube.com/watch?v=i5vOp-B8vWQ</a><!-- m -->
    #
    E_net4 15 years ago
    I think I heard this song ages ago in some internet radio.
    Yes, it's t3h lulz.
    #
    Narvius 15 years ago
    ...yay.
    <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.matrixgames.com/news.asp?nid=501">http://www.matrixgames.com/news.asp?nid=501</a><!-- m -->
    #
    NeoGangster 15 years ago
    I wonder if you guys know toribash.
    it's a ragdoll fighting game
    #
    Forum » The new gaming thread
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: