Forum » The new gaming thread
  • « previous
  • » next
  • The new gaming thread

Kario 12 years ago
    I'll join
    #
    Narvius 12 years ago
    Sure, I'm in. But - start after the 9th of July. I won't be available until then (away for two weeks).
    Also, however-the-fuck that happened - yesterday, I spent roughly five hours wandering around the woods, until I (actually... we) wandered out onto some highway between two neighbour towns. That was the most I was outside in weeks.
    #
    E_net4 12 years ago
    I guess I'm fine with that. I have an exam in the 12th, but it's just what we call a "melhoria". I already did the subject, I just want to improve the grade.
    Don't worry, it won't feature new characters, and I might even have to take off some of them to make it simpler.
    Not to mention how crappy MK's WW game turned into because of the Aer. No offence at all, MK. It was just a bugger.
    #
    Amarth 12 years ago
    I would enjoy another WW. It's strange, when playing them it seems so random and hard, but when rereading them they're so tense and awesome.

Also thinking about maybe later on we should do a Resistance game instead of WW? It's kinda the same except no-one dies, so no role reveals until the end. Not sure how well it plays out on forums though, it seems IRL a bit more about bluffing and pokerfaces than WW so it might not translate well to online.
    #
    MageKing17 12 years ago
    I'll play if suicide is a game mechanic.
    #
    Grim Reaper 12 years ago
    I'm game.
    #
    E_net4 12 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    I'll play if suicide is a game mechanic.
    You'll regret that.
    #
    Amarth 12 years ago
    Magicka PvP!
    #
    Pete 12 years ago
    So Team Fortress 2 is now Free-To-Play.

Huh.
    #
    E_net4 12 years ago
    Yeah, I noticed. And Meet the Medic is AWW. SOME.
    Now that the newcomers have arrived, it's time to show our medals with pride. Gaze upon my Grizzled Veteran!
    #
    Kario 12 years ago
    hey uh so in light of this guitar hero and gitaroo hero i shall challenge you with Wii music that thing was great i just got it and wow i still play it and invite friends over it's awesome!
    #
    Pete 12 years ago
    "Kario" said:
    hey uh so in light of this guitar hero and gitaroo hero i shall challenge you with Wii music that thing was great i just got it and wow i still play it and invite friends over it's awesome!

Okay, no more sugar for you, mister.
    #
    Amarth 12 years ago
    Interestingly, Just Dance 2 is one of those rare Wii games that still gets played on my Wii.

I think the only other one is Super Smash Bros Brawl.
    #
    E_net4 12 years ago
    Speaking of video game consoles, I'm starting to prefer buying a PS3 from any of this generation. It doesn't mean I will do so any time soon.
    #
    Murska 12 years ago
    Valkyria Chronicles and Demon's Souls.

However, it doesn't look likely I'll ever buy a console.
    #
    Kario 12 years ago
    Well i'm in the process of attaining the Wii Series: Wii Sports,Wii Sports Resort,Wii Music,and Wii Play are what i currently have ATM i just need Wii Party,Wii Fit,Wii Fit Plus,and Wii Play Motion. So close
    #
    Anonymous1157 12 years ago
    Don'tcha hate it when you try to talk to people about your PlayStation and/or Xbox, and they just assume you were talking about the PS3 and 360? 'Cause I do.
    #
    NeoGangster 12 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    Don'tcha hate it when you try to talk to people about your PlayStation and/or Xbox, and they just assume you were talking about the PS3 and 360? 'Cause I do.
    while reading this sentence I was assuming you were talking about ps3 and xbox 360 xDDD
    #
    Kario 12 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    These days you can't even talk about the original without someone saying it sucks!
    #
    E_net4 12 years ago
    It doesn't mean it sucks! It's simply outdated, bringing nothing new.
    Yet I still play my PSX once in a while... as in emulating a PSX game and finishing it in a single day.
    #
    "E_net4" said:
    It doesn't mean it sucks! It's simply outdated, bringing nothing new.
    Yet I still play my PSX once in a while... as in emulating a PSX game and finishing it in a single day.
    I had that game on PC. Somehow, when I went to play it again one or two years ago, it looked WORSE than I remembered it.

... Oh, and the PSX is a DVR/PS2 combo device. Pizzowned.
    #
    E_net4 12 years ago
    I create a distinction between the first Playstation model (PSX) and the other, more compact, Playstation (PS1). Quit it.
    #
    "E_net4" said:
    I create a distinction between the first Playstation model (PSX) and the other, more compact, Playstation (PS1). Quit it.
    Actually, THAT was OFFICIALLY called a PSOne. But yes, I'll stop now.
    #
    Anarion 12 years ago
    Anyone played Limbo on the PS3? Bought it yesterday. It's a very dark and interesting game, although I think it could use some more introduction to explain the story.
    #
    Limbo looks like a pretty good game that I myself might enjoy, and I have a 360 on which I could play it, but I can't afford it right now.

... Speaking of the Xbox 360 and saving money, I have not one, but TWO dead "fat" 360s. Does anyone know if anyone at all has looked into using the 360 heatsinks in something else? All I can find is talk of using PC heatsinks in a 360, but I want to use 360 heatsinks on my old graphics card with a stock cooling solution that isn't cutting it, especially considering the fact that the computer it's in runs so hot that the GFX basically idles at the kind of temperatures that it only ever reached fully overclocked in my computer.
    #
    Grim Reaper 12 years ago
    Humble Indie Bundle #3 is now live!
    #
    Narvius 12 years ago
    Oh, and the Minecraft Aether Mod was released some time back.
    Just sayin'.

I'll be busy, then.
    #
    Grim Reaper 12 years ago
    Speaking of mods, this HL2 mod (NOTE: you can substitute HL2 with Source SDK Base 2007) seems rather interesting.
    #
    Narvius 12 years ago
    I've read about it on RPS. I want to play it sometimes in the near future, but not now. (See my previous post.)
    #
    E_net4 12 years ago
    I should totally play that mod when I get back on my desktop. It won't be any time soon, but hopefully I won't forget to.
    #
    Amarth 12 years ago
    I played Stanley's Parable, of course.

Dunno, didn't feel that much for it. Maybe seen this kind of thing (trying not to spoil too much) too often the last few years in indies. This is bigger and better executed though, the voiceover is magnificent and it's genuinely funny at times.

I rate Space Funeral way above it though.
    #
    I read about the same mod yesterday, and I've downloaded it, although I haven't actually gotten to play it yet. I also read about Radiator, which looks like quite an experience to play through.
    #
    Grim Reaper 12 years ago
    This seems interesting enough to mention here.
    #
    Venom31 12 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    This seems interesting enough to mention here.
    That said, I can't seem to get through level 3.3.
    #
    Grim Reaper 12 years ago
    Bastion is a neat game. I recommend you at least try it.

Also, it seems that the time-travel RTS Achron is finally out (I think it came out this monday to be exact).
    #
    Forum » The new gaming thread
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: