Register
Email: Password:
Forum » The new gaming thread
  • « previous
  • » next
  • The new gaming thread

Narvius 15 years ago
    Today I've seen the ending of the last part of the Sands of Time-Trilogy - Prince of Persia The Two Thrones, that is. The last hour or so was boring, because you had an sword that could instakill *everything* (excluding the last boss, of course). And the game was a tad short.
    I think my favourite part was the second one (Warrior Within). Even though that stupid ending thing - to see the real ending (the one the third part is based on) you need to find 9 overly well-hidden secret life upgrades.

All three parts for 10€. Was more than worth it.
    #
    MageKing17 15 years ago
    "Cheater" said:
    All three parts for 10€.
    That's a fucking steal. That's like finding an original, mint-condition Symphony of the Night for $20.
    #
    Narvius 15 years ago
    I remember how my sister reacted when she saw Gothic II + AddOn on a gaming magazine DVD...
    #
    E_net4 15 years ago
    "Cheater" said:
    Today I've seen the ending of the last part of the Sands of Time-Trilogy - Prince of Persia The Two Thrones, that is. The last hour or so was boring, because you had an sword that could instakill *everything* (excluding the last boss, of course). And the game was a tad short.
    I think my favourite part was the second one (Warrior Within). Even though that stupid ending thing - to see the real ending (the one the third part is based on) you need to find 9 overly well-hidden secret life upgrades.
    I also played both games. I enjoyed the first two of them of them, and unlocked everything in Warrior Within. If you're having trouble finding the extras, you can always search on the web.
    #
    MageKing17 15 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    I also played both games.
    How do you play "both" games of a trilogy?
    #
    NeoGangster 15 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    "E_net4" said:
    I also played both games.
    How do you play "both" games of a trilogy?
    xDDD
    but you forgot the
    I enjoyed the first two of them

in your quote xD
    #
    Narvius 15 years ago
    The "both" probably refers to the fact that I've mentioned only Warrior Within and Two Thrones in my post.
    #
    E_net4 15 years ago
    Actually, Neogangster is right. I just didn't play the last one of the trilogy.

Changing subject, has anyone reached any neat Frets on Fire score?
    #
    Aegis 15 years ago
    Hooray! I got Crysis Warhead! It has heaps of explosions and I especially liked all the cutscenes! Psycho also has a new catchphrase:
    "I'm British you muppet." Then he usually tries to punch someone in the face.
    And I love the new super weapon, called the PAX. I like it even more then the handheld nuke.
    #
    E_net4 15 years ago
    Valve is now supporting 5 Source MODs, which can be downloaded/installed/updated directly from Steam.
    Insurgency, Synergy, D.I.P.R.I.P. Warm up, Age of Chivalry and Zombie Panic: Source
    #
    Narvius 15 years ago
    Yeah.
    The only mod I play is SourceForts, though.
    #
    E_net4 15 years ago
    I wish they will support Pirates Vikings and Knights II some day. It's one of my favourite mods.
    #
    varsi 15 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    I wish they will support Pirates Vikings and Knights II some day. It's one of my favourite mods.
    Heh, I can't agree with that.
    The idea is okay but huh, the gameplay is just horrible.
    #
    Narvius 15 years ago
    While we're at Steam; Anyone's going to bother with Left4Dead?
    #
    Amarth 15 years ago
    Depends on the reviews, but so far it looks awesome.
    #
    Narvius 15 years ago
    I won't, I'm saving for a Wii, Super Smash Bros.: Brawl and Super Mario Galaxy.
    ...I'm at 80% a Wii now.

By the way. What you think is the best part of HoMM? All my friends agree on III, and so do I.
    #
    Grim Reaper 15 years ago
    I've never played any of the HoMM games EXCEPT for 3.
    #
    Murska 15 years ago
    Aheheh. There's this one game I found... <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.rrrrthats5rs.com/games/cheer-up-the-chatbot/">http://www.rrrrthats5rs.com/games/cheer-up-the-chatbot/</a><!-- m -->

Actually makes you chat to random people.
    #
    E_net4 15 years ago
    I found a perv with this. Be careful.
    #
    Idiota 15 years ago
    Well, I did eventually find a perv as well, but the internet is full of those, so yeah... Not surprised really.
    #
    MageKing17 15 years ago
    The only variable is how long it will take.
    #
    Narvius 15 years ago
    I made it on the first time!
    #
    E_net4 15 years ago
    "varsi" said:
    "E_net4" said:
    Heh, I can't agree with that.
    The idea is okay but huh, the gameplay is just horrible.
    Valve did actually allow the PVK team to use Steamworks' features, which will be implemented in the next version (2.3).
    Check out the PVKII website for more info.

BTW, in case you don't know about it, Left 4 Dead can now be pre-purchased from Steam with a 10% discount.
    #
    Narvius 15 years ago
    I've got totally addicted to Hexiom Connect.

Little fun puzzle game. Forces you to randomly move around the pieces way too often, but I still like it.
    I'm biting out my teeth on level 39.
    #
    E_net4 15 years ago
    Half-Life's price! It's under ONE DOLLAAAAAAR!
    <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://store.steampowered.com/news/2039/">http://store.steampowered.com/news/2039/</a><!-- m -->
    #
    E_net4 15 years ago
    Looks like Valv€ lost a missing brain cell. It's new mathematical equation is:
    1 $ = 1 €
    #
    Grim Reaper 15 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    Looks like Valv€ lost a missing brain cell.
    How can they lose it if it's already missing?
    #
    E_net4 15 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    "E_net4" said:
    Looks like Valv€ lost a missing brain cell.
    How can they lose it if it's already missing?
    What makes you think of that? Plus, that's not the point. Why should I buy from Steam at this moment if I get to pay more than in a store?
    #
    Amarth 15 years ago
    Then don't?
    #
    Amarth 15 years ago
    Squid Yes! Not So Octopus! Get it while it's hot! A game with maximum score 9! In short, it's a devilishly difficult arena shooter. The aim is to survive for 9 minutes, shooting about 2 bazillion enemies in the progress. Also, there is a setting that adds a metric shitload of over-the-top graphical effects to the game which you just have to see once (note: the setting has 3 options, make sure to get the "are you mental?" one).

It's quite possible the exact opposite game of Dwarf Fortress.

And it's made in Great Brittany, if that influences your tastes.

My top score is a little over 3 minutes (3,002195584 points). I dare you all to beat it.
    #
    Narvius 15 years ago
    I survived an epic half minute.

I'm pretty sure that's the stuff young japanese grow up with.
    #
    Amarth 15 years ago
    Is there already any World of Goo love in this thread? If not, there should be. It's a whole lot more entertaining than it might seem if you ever with played that Tower of Goo toy. Great physics, every level is different, the puzzles are well-constructed but not too constraining, loads of humor and atmosphere...

I think this is the best game of 2008 for me. Not Brawl, GTA4 or Fallout 3. This one.
    #
    E_net4 15 years ago
    I don't have the game, but the pic's on Steam make it look promising. Also, yay for posting with my mobile.
    #
    NeoGangster 15 years ago
    there is a Dawn of War 2 beta released to the public, go play it while it's hot
    <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://community.dawnofwar2.com/blogs/?p=494">http://community.dawnofwar2.com/blogs/?p=494</a><!-- m -->
    I played this now about 20h and I have to say it rules, I would suggest you play 3on3 and each with a different race
    Can't wait for 19.2. when the full game will be released
    Gotta go play again...cya and hf
    #
    E_net4 15 years ago
    You can also get the beta/pre-purchase the game via Steam.
    #
    Forum » The new gaming thread
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: