Register
Email: Password:
Forum » The new gaming thread
  • « previous
  • » next
  • The new gaming thread

Narvius 13 years ago
    Greeeat. The world descends into SC2 madness. And everyone plays it except me
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    "Narvius" said:
    Greeeat. The world descends into SC2 madness. And everyone plays it except me
    Nay. I'm not into SC2 either.

Also, Minecraft in TF2!
    #
    Narvius 13 years ago
    So, Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth.

I'm probably doing something wrong, but I can blast through every battle in one turn, with one action (Icicle Edge spell)*. On hard.

* There's no MP / Mana. Spellcasters have to sit out a few turns after casting a powerful spell instead. Therefore, it doesn't cost anything at all if the battle ends after the first turn.
    #
    MageKing17 13 years ago
    "Narvius" said:
    I'm probably doing something wrong...
    No, sounds like the game just lacks any strategic depth.

Also, I don't play Starcraft.
    #
    Narvius 13 years ago
    Actually, no. The battle system is awesome, it's just the first few chapters have extremely easy battles. It gets much interesting later.
    #
    NeoGangster 13 years ago
    So I've been playing sc2 for some time now, single player is done well imo, the chit chat between missions makes it feel a little like a point and click adventure and the video sequences are ok.
    But the sp is a little easy unless you play it on brutal. No surprises in the missions.
    Multiplayer is ok too. It's funny how everyone seems to know what they doin except me :/
    Well it takes some time to get into it but it's fun.
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    Worms Reloaded is a complete remaster of the old Worms, Worms 2, Worms Armaggedon and Worms World Party, and it's coming to the PC this month. You can pre-purchase it now (with some extras) for 13.49€.
    Again, this isn't 3D, it's the good ol' 2D from the old times, with HD quality.
    #
    Narvius 13 years ago
    Poor Amarth
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    "Narvius" said:
    Poor Amarth
    True, now that I think of it.
    #
    Amarth 13 years ago
    Yeah, I can see this getting annoying rather quickly.
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    "Amarth" said:
    Yeah, I can see this getting annoying rather quickly.
    Well, what can I say to cheer you up... Get to work!

...And good luck.
    #
    Narvius 13 years ago
    I know what to say:
    You have more than a month to earn mere *two* points :>
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    "Narvius" said:
    I know what to say:
    You have more than a month to earn mere *two* points :>
    Not if he plans to buy Worms Reloaded before it's released. :>
    #
    Grim Reaper 13 years ago
    Minecraft Survival Multiplayer server executable has been released. Download and (some) set-up info can be found here, more set-up info here.
    #
    harwe 13 years ago
    It's finally here! But nooooo I have to purchase it to play..... I guess I'll use my friend's account.
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    I already tried joining a server. It turned out to be extremely laggy and buggy. I might try again soon. Meanwhile, you should REALLY buy it before it goes beta (as I assume the price hasn't changed yet).
    #
    Narvius 13 years ago
    I don't really understand people who complain about indie games with a price tag.
    Unless you're 14 and have kind of strict parents. Then you're excused.
    #
    Narvius 13 years ago
    Oh my god I made a huge mistake.
    I'm in the last mission in Hydorah (after having perfected every previous level and found all secrets), so I started downloading the Touhou Project.

Time for some serious bullet helling.
    #
    Murska 13 years ago
    Starcraft 2 is actually pretty awesome. Not as awesome yet as Starcraft 1, but still.
    #
    Narvius 13 years ago
    Touhou Project is FUN. Especially the boss fights.

The game(s) is(/are) basically a(/-) vertical scrolling shmup(s) with Magic Girls instead of your ship / the bosses and various mystical ghost thingies as random underlings. The boss fights are great. Each boss has multiple phases and so-called "Spell Cards". Normal phases and Spell Cards alternate, with the latter being just harder patterns you get extra score for "capturing". The boss fights are heavily time-limited, 30-something seconds for each phase/spell card, after which the boss just moves on to the next phase/spell card (unless you manage to beat down her HP before that, in that case you get extra score). Capturing a spell card means beating down the boss health bar before the timer runs out when he's currently performing a spell card. For example, the second boss in Touhou 6 is some kind of Ice Fairy and her second Spell Card is called "Perfect Freeze". She randomly sprays out shittons of bullets, and then freezes them in place, then fires a few volleys of regular bullets at you, after which the frozen ones start unfreezing, slowly accelerating in random directions.

FUN.

I managed to get to level 4 (out of 6) on normal on my first attempt before having to use a continue, yay.
    #
    Narvius 13 years ago
    In a few hours, Puzzle Quest 2's here!
    (So, you won't see me for quite some time...)
    #
    ahrenjb 13 years ago
    In other news, with the latest update DarkSpace http://www.darkspace.net/is now FREE TO PLAY.

That's right, there is no longer any subscription necessary to advance past 1st Rear Admiral.

I've played DarkSpace on and off for years now, and it's seen some pretty drastic change, but keeps getting better. It has lovely 3D graphics, but is on a 2D playing field. It's hard to describe the gameplay, it's fairly unique, but seems Netrek inspired to an extent. It constantly challenges me, and is just a blast to play and has a fairly friendly, dedicated, and supportive community.

I highly advise folks here to check it out. I go by "Sternwaffen" in game and am currently a 2nd Rear Admiral. Destroyer battles are immense amounts of fun.
    #
    Narvius 13 years ago
    <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://fuldans.se/?v=tqfsgcxvgb">http://fuldans.se/?v=tqfsgcxvgb</a><!-- m -->

What the...
    #
    Amarth 13 years ago
    "Narvius" said:
    http://fuldans.se/?v=tqfsgcxvgb

What the...
    Okay, I think I managed to understand most of what this is about and most of the text, but...

What's it doing in the gaming thread?
    #
    Amarth 13 years ago
    Anyone still playing ASW? Been wanting to play again but I keep forgetting to ask in IRC when there's enough people around.
    #
    Narvius 13 years ago
    I'm usually available, but there happen times when I'm not (like the night that just passed, and the night that'll come today).
    Also, INFUCKINGPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING TO MADS.
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    I was available last night. I wasn't at home in the previous ones.

Also, I just bought Worms Reloaded. Now for the eternal wait...
    #
    The Gemini 13 years ago
    I bought SC2 some days ago too, but to my disappointment the game was too true to its predecessor. Not that it is a bad thing, I guess I'm just too used to more intelligent and slow paced strategy games like Paradox' franchises. For me, rush tactics sprinkled with micromanagement is somewhat old. I had fun with the game's campaign though, its richness and diversity puts it in a class of its own.
    #
    Amarth 13 years ago
    Sorry for sounding like I only play one game, but a certain condition has me not buying to many new games these days...

Anyway, Alien Swarm update! With some higher difficulty levels (I don't think we need that) and also a Director as for Left 4 Dead. Yay!
    #
    Narvius 13 years ago
    Oh, nice. Let's replay hard with the director as warmup, then
    #
    MageKing17 13 years ago
    "Amarth" said:
    Anyone still playing ASW?
    I can't even start. I don't have an SS2 CPU.
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    I was actually expecting ANY of you to ask me. I've been playing a lot of Alien Swarm... alone.
    #
    harwe 13 years ago
    Soloing on Insane?
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    "harwe" said:
    Soloing on Insane?
    Is is possible to even finish a single mission that way?

Though it's true you can get some EXP playing brutal on landing bay: hacking the first door is enough for 500+.
    #
    Anarion 13 years ago
    Hmm, I've been losing a bit of my free time to Alien Swarm also. Entertaining game.

Tried Loading bay on Insane once. Didn't last long.
    #
    Forum » The new gaming thread
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: