Email: Password:
Forum » The new gaming thread
  • « previous
  • » next
  • The new gaming thread

E_net4 13 years ago
    "Anarion" said:
    "Narvius" said:
    I HATE IT WHEN THEY SHOOT A LOAD IN MY FACE FROM LESS THAN A METER DISTANCE.
    XD

Yes, I have a dirty mind.....
    Oww, you did it first.

As for Minecraft, has anyone managed to build a working mob processor? I usually get into some trouble, such as "the mob won't drawn" or "the mob doesn't go all way in".

FYI a mob processor takes and drives a mob with water, kills it by drowning, and sends the drops to the player's base.
    #
    Anonymous1157 13 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    As for Minecraft, has anyone managed to build a working mob processor? I usually get into some trouble, such as "the mob won't drawn" or "the mob doesn't go all way in".

FYI a mob processor takes and drives a mob with water, kills it by drowning, and sends the drops to the player's base.
    ... Actually, I ALMOST have a mob processor. Like I said, I burn the spiders that gather around my skylight; all I need now is a flow of water to get the stuff back, and I'd technically have a mob processor!
    #
    harwe 13 years ago
    "E_net4" said:

Those are so hard to make correctly. Currently I'm trying to make a fully automated railway system, then I can measure how much room I need for a moat around my base. So much thinking/planning.....
    #
    Narvius 13 years ago
    On Steam:
    Doc Clock: The Toasted Sandwich of Time
    Eufloria
    VVVVVV
    World of Goo
    Iron Grip: Warlord

Together for around five euro, 90% off.
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    Saw that... but I'm not in the spending mood.
    #
    Narvius 13 years ago
    Me neither, but I wanted VVVVVV anyways, and the Iron Grip thingie seems interesting enough. And VVVVVV alone costs more than the package anyways
    #
    Amarth 13 years ago
    VVVVVV is one of the best games of 2010. Buy it.

Hell, if I had reviewed more games I would have bought it a second time on Steam. Driftmoon left me at 0 points.
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    "Amarth" said:
    VVVVVV is one of the best games of 2010. Buy it.

Hell, if I had reviewed more games I would have bought it a second time on Steam. Driftmoon left me at 0 points.
    Well, what are you waiting for?
    #
    Narvius 13 years ago
    I finished the main part of VVVVVV with all twenty trinkets.
    Sooo... no, I'm NOT going to do the speedruns or no death mode, thank you very much. The Veni Vidi Vici passage was bad enough without either of these. And even though it sometimes might look like that, I'm actually NOT masochistic.

I don't know if to call the game awesome or just evil.
    #
    Amarth 13 years ago
    Ha! Narvius, even I tried speedrun mode!

Not got very far on it though. A couple of fast enough times, but to get perfect ranking you need both be fast enough AND not die. Yeah, as if...

Getting the trinkets was fun though. Veni Vidi Vici was great, especially when you finally manage it and then land on the wrong side of the block. Once you got it in your fingers it's not hard to redo though. but I also loved Price For The Reckless. But there's still one point in the final tower-sequence at the very end I hate with my whole heart, which I think cost me more deaths than Veni Vidi Vici did... Just a single jump I spent 2 hours on to get it right. Argh.
    #
    Narvius 13 years ago
    Prize for the Reckless mainly consisted of realizing what you have to do. (which, really, wasn't that hard)
    Uuuhm. I don't know which one you mean oO
    In the disruption dimension somewhere?
    #
    Amarth 13 years ago
    <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99a88Mg_4O8">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99a88Mg_4O8</a><!-- m --> at about 12 seconds in. Note, very last part of the game so don't get yourself spoiled if you haven't finished it yet.
    #
    Narvius 13 years ago
    Ah, that tower. I didn't have much problems with that, although I did die a few times.
    And just a thought: You can't finish no death with all trinkets.
    #
    Amarth 13 years ago
    "Narvius" said:
    And just a thought: You can't finish no death with all trinkets.
    Prize For The Reckless actually changes, removing the spikes IIRC. And the name changes to "I Can't Believe You Got This Far". Yeah. I love this game.

On another note, I just read the Let's Play on the Chzo Mythos series, and it's incredibly entertaining. Don't go there if you don't want the games spoiled, don't have a few hours to waste OR (and this is serious) don't want to be pointed to every single plot hole in the series, which means this is basically 30 MB of plot holes being pointed out. I don't think I can ever replay those games again.
    EDIT: also has comments from Yahtzee! Basically him saying "yeah, in retrospect, this could probably have been better."
    #
    Venom31 13 years ago
    "Narvius" said:
    ...Steam...
    Last time I installed it, it made my PC so ssllooww... That means like 2 times slower
    #
    Pete 13 years ago
    Never had any problems myself, and I head the thing has gotten a lot better since launch day. Basically, what Im saying is give it another shot.
    #
    Steam likes to pretend it's an easily-frozen piece of junk if I put any other significant load on my computer while Steam is logging on. Do try again, except with fewer background tasks running. It really isn't a problem once it's up. (That's NOT what she said.)
    #
    Venom31 13 years ago
    "Pete" said:
    Never had any problems myself, and I head the thing has gotten a lot better since launch day. Basically, what Im saying is give it another shot.
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    Steam likes to pretend it's an easily-frozen piece of junk if I put any other significant load on my computer while Steam is logging on. Do try again, except with fewer background tasks running. It really isn't a problem once it's up. (That's NOT what she said.)
    Nah, I guess my junk is too outdated for this! Anyway, I have nothing now to play on Steam.
    #
    harwe 13 years ago
    "Venom31" said:
    Last time I installed it, it made my PC so ssllooww... That means like 2 times slower
    Don't have it autostart when you turn on your computer? If you don't it shouldn't affect your computer in any other way except it's just another program installed into your registry.
    #
    Venom31 13 years ago
    "harwe" said:
    "Venom31" said:
    Don't have it autostart when you turn on your computer? If you don't it shouldn't affect your computer in any other way except it's just another program installed into your registry.
    It shouldn't. But it does.
    #
    MageKing17 13 years ago
    "Venom31" said:
    "harwe" said:
    "Venom31" said:
    It shouldn't. But it does.
    No, it doesn't. You're doing something wrong.
    #
    Pete 13 years ago
    Maybe the problem is not Steam?
    #
    Venom31 13 years ago
    "Pete" said:
    Maybe the problem is not Steam?
    Yeah, like 5-year outdated hardware? Anyway, in there I don't see anything that may take so much resources anyway.
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    I used to have quite a low performance when playing games on Steam, but it was mostly because of my rig. Waiting 5 minutes to play Half-Life 2 really wasn't nice.
    #
    Narvius 13 years ago
    And you'd think old machines would use steam...
    #
    Venom31 13 years ago
    "Narvius" said:
    And you'd think old machines would use steam...
    Haha! Good pun there
    #
    Amarth 13 years ago
    Weren't there some Clonk fans around here?

The maker of Clonk has basically shifted his focus to other games, and made the previous version (Clonk Rage) available under open source. A whole bunch of people jumped on it, and OpenClonk is the result. Looks pretty awesome to me...
    #
    The last time I saw OpenClonk, it was still a proof-of-concept demo. Then I forgot about it for a year.

... It looks like it's REALLY come a long way since then!
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    Must see that! *downloads*
    #
    Narvius 13 years ago
    Clonk. The game that got me into programming and cost me 1k+ hours of my life (by itself, without the programming part)
    I like how the website design closely resembles the Wesnothian one.
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    Have you guys been following Steam treasure hunt? A group of 4 objectives are unleashed each day pair, and you can achieve them for a chance to win games! They usually involve doing achievements in different games (which come along with a nice discount). You also get a TF2 hat by completing enough objectives.
    #
    Amarth 13 years ago
    Related to that...

What the HELL is going on with those TF2 hats? Why would you want a pointless virtual representation of headgear in a shooter game, and why would you want it so badly? As wurb says
    [...] certain threshold numbers of filled-in checkboxes give special hats in Team Fortress 2, which is one of the strongest motivators known to modern ludology.
    Like, why? Why?

This treasure hunt is like saying "here, if you buy this book that you totally didn't want and manage to read halfway through it, I'll maybe give you another book you only half-wanted and also a completely useless ugly photograph of myself with you can maybe frame and hang in your room." And everyone is like yaaaaaaaay!

Valve can do it, so how do *I* make money with this concept?
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    Interesting that you've asked. This may clean up your doubts: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.teamfortress.com/classless/hidden/hats/">http://www.teamfortress.com/classless/hidden/hats/</a><!-- m -->
    #
    Amarth 13 years ago
    New Humble Indie Bundle! This time featuring Braid, Cortex Command, Machinarium, Osmos and Revenge of the Titans.

4 of which I don't own yet wanted to try. Hmm.

Guess it's time to start on that blog thing again.
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    "Amarth" said:
    Guess it's time to start on that blog thing again.
    You have already started. Muhuhahahahah!
    #
    Forum » The new gaming thread
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: