Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Werewolf 4 - The goblet of Aer
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Werewolf 4 - The goblet of Aer

Pete 17 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    You seem to have forgotten something very important. There are more traitors than one. There is a very real possibility that half of the people here are, in fact, traitors.

With that in mind, I vote Gemini.

Ok? But that changes NOTHING about the fact that we have a REAL reason to believe Grim is one.
    #
    The Gemini 17 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    "MageKing17" said:
    You seem to have forgotten something very important. There are more traitors than one. There is a very real possibility that half of the people here are, in fact, traitors.

With that in mind, I vote Gemini.
    Aye, me too.

Lynch me and face my wrath.

I vote Grim.
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    I dont like where this is headed... why Mageking doesnt want to lynch Grim?
    #
    Murska 17 years ago
    Could MK be a Traitor too? That'd mean there must be only two Traitors, for otherwise it'd be all over by now.
    #
    Idiota 17 years ago
    I don't believe MageKing is a traitor. I gave it some thought, and it's much more likely that Grim is just picking MageKing's target (Who we assume innocent) to make you people believe MageKing is a Traitor, which in it's turn saves Grim's own ass. Just throwing in a theory here.

I think it's just best to vote for Grim for now, who we are sure is a Traitor.
    #
    Murska 17 years ago
    Yeah. Just kill Grim for now, and then suspect someone else. What a pity E was lynched, the Angel could have protected him next night.

EDIT: Noon is here! Amarth is where?
    #
    Amarth 17 years ago
    It is evening. The Masters are around the dining table. According to the prescriptions, they should only have water, bread and fruit, but the table is laden with the finest dishes, prepared with meat from the South, spices from the West and other such luxuries. The Masters are devouring the food, not tasting, not enjoying, just eating it, as if it's the first dinner they had in years. Someone takes the word.
    "Well... At least we managed to survive another day. Six of us left. Traitors among us. Lots of strange things happening. The One has left us. How can..."
    "SHUT UP! The One has left YOU, Traitor! You'd better take care, for He is still with ME, and informed me that YOU are a Traitor!"
    "And are we supposed to believe that? Hah. It is clear we have failed."
    "NO. WE HAVE NOT!"
    "Look around you, fool. Look at the wreckages of the once proud and mighty Guild."
    "We are still here. We will fulfill out task. And YOU stand in the way. Yesterday, when..."
    The Headmaster interrupts the quarrel: "Oh, please. This is pointless. Let us leave this mess behind and go to the Chapel to meditate."
    They all know it is pointless, they all know that it won't be meditation that will give them the answers. But why fight? Speaking against the Headmaster is a sure way to eternal pain. Without discipline, the Guild will fall.

Something has changed in the Chapel. On the altar, in the middle of the eleven-sided star, lies the body of Vacuus. Naked. Without head. On his body are burning marks, blood has flowed and coagulated all over the altar and the floor around it. The Masters are looking at it, in silence. Then, the Headmaster speaks: "What is this heresy? Who is responsible?" But no-one answers. The only sound comes from one of the Masters who stands vomiting in a corner of the Chapel - bits of expensive Southern meat floating in a yellow substance are splattering on the floor. The Headmaster finally makes his decision. "Hell. Let's get out of here. I'll see you all in an hour in the Library."

The Library is a place of silence and serenity. A place where the Apprentices can come to study, or where the Masters do their research. Now, of course, there are no Apprentices around. Everyone in the Guild knows the Coming is near, and no-one is allowed near the site. The six remaining Masters sit around an oaken table in the middle of the main room. The Headmaster speaks.
    "Let's solve this calmly, shall we? We have only one way to find the traitors. Let's vote. Write you suspect down, pass it over to me."
    Each Master quickly scribbles a name on the parchment before them and gives it to the Headmaster.
    "Okay, thank you. Now, let me see...
    Gemini, Murska and Pete vote for Grim.
    Grim, Idiota and myself, MageKing, we vote for Gemini.

According to the regulations, Gemini, you will die."
    Gemini jumps up. "What! TRAITORS!" A wave of Gemini's hand, and the Library door locks, trapping them inside. He mutters: "Go ahead. Try and kill me. But I am prepared. You'd better take care."

Gemini is dead, but he's the Crazy War Veteran. This night, he's allowed to kill one of the remaining five.

Dawn around Monday noon. Crazy War Veteran, Angel, Wolves, your targets in PM please. The CWV is handled before the others, so if a Wolf or the Angel gets killed, that person will not be able to act his role.

I'm sorry I didn't warn you yesterday about the 24 hours, and I'm sorry it's this late today, I had a lot of stuff to do and it escaped my mind. Anyway, any questions, PM.
    #
    Idiota 17 years ago
    I'm not allowing any posts, so just shut up and let the night pass.
    #
    Amarth 17 years ago
    Chapter 4 - Exeunt

"And in the final testing night
    great things will happen
    and the future will be decided."

MageKing look Gemini in the eyes. "Don't threaten me, fool. The voting is over. It is not very wise to resist the decision of a Headmaster. You'd better open that damned door, because I don't wish to study your spell for the next 5 days to break it. You will open the door. Open the door. Now. Obey me."
    The moment their eyes locked, Gemini was lost already.
    "I... obey... Headmaster..."
    Now, strong forces are at work in Gemini's mind.
    "I... will... open..."
    Forces resisting the influence of the Headmaster.
    "the..."
    And great things can happen on nights when even the Gods have ran out of power.
    "door... NO! I WON'T!"
    A flash of light. Gemini draws an 11-sided star. Out of thin air, a swarm of ghostly locusts forms and starts surrounding MageKing. At the very same time, MageKing makes a complex weaving motion with both his hands. An arc of deadly fire shoots from his hands to Gemini. They scream at exactly the same moment - and they stop screaming at exactly the same moment. A pile of completely clean bones is what remains of MageKing. And of Gemini, nothing more than a pile of smoldering ash. A click. With Gemini's magic broken, the door is unlocked.

But, if there is one thing anyone from the Guild should know, it is not to play with fire in the Library. The Librarians get very nervous from this. And they are finally proven right. The scrolls the Masters used to write their votes on catch fire. Some books on the table start burning with a foreboding green flame. One moment later, conflagration. Valuable tomes of dangerous knowledge, maps of the Southern lands, scrolls with ancient wisdom, everything burns without discrimination.

Grim is the first to react on the events. "Argh, hell. Idiota! Come, RUN!"
    On his shout, Pete and Murska seem to awaken. Quickly, they leap towards the door. But Idiota is motionless. He is staring at the remains of MageKing. He speaks, an emotionless, mindless drone. "I can't, Grim. I can't. I cannot leave this place."
    "What? COME ON! MOVE!"
    "No Grim. I am cursed to remain here. I cannot leave the place where MageKing died. I... My Flame left this world together with MageKing's. But I cannot rest. The fire will not touch me. I will dwell this place until the end of times. I can only hope it will come soon."
    "But, what, how... Oh. That Shingo bastard. Manipulative powers... ARGH! Curse you, Zbax'bara!" Grim walks out. There is no time to lose. He alone can save the world now from those mad Craftspeople and their sick God. Behind him, the Library burns. Within hours, the whole Guildhouse will be on fire, but it doesn't matter anymore. The Gate is where the fate of the world will be decided.

Grim thinks. It is two against one now, but he'll have the advantage of surprise and he is spiritually stronger. He should be able to disable one of them without any opposition, and then it's a one on one battle - he's sure to win that. Hmm. Who to tackle first? Murska or Pete?
    "My Lord and Master, Vend-Ahan, please hear my prayer. I need your guidance. Help me on this most difficult path."
    And guidance comes. His mind is set, the plan is ready. With the help of Vend-Ahan, he will prevail.

The Gate. It is night, but it is not dark. There is the flickering of a great fire in the background, and the Gate itself has started to radiate a blueish light. It will only be a matter of minutes now before it has acquired the critical amount of energy. After that moment, nothing, not even a God, can stop the events set in motion by the One. Pete and Murska are in utmost concentration to channel as much energy as possible in the Gate. The fire in the Library did not help to balance the energies, on the contrary. Raw power is radiated in all directions from the blaze, creating even more chaos in the already upset streams. And Grim sees it. He must hurry now. He surveys the place. There are rocks everywhere, forming perfect hiding places. Softly, he creeps towards the perfect spot. A muttered spell, a wave of the hand, and he holds a javelin. He has trained long and hard on the use of various sorts of weapons, and with the blessing of Vend-Ahan, nothing can go wrong. He weighs and balances the weapon. There is no doubt, this is the most stable, the sharpest, the deadliest javelin he has ever summoned. He stands up, aims, and throws.

Pete turns around. He sees it. He already expected it. Closing his eyes, he awaits the deadly jab. But it does not come. Something has happened. What? How? Confusion. There was this pole flying straight towards him, and now - gone?
    "Hey, Murska? Am I drea... Hey! Where are you going?"
    "TRAITOR! FOR THE ONE! POWER AND GLORY!"
    Murska charges towards Grim, his body already sparkling with deadly magic, ready to be unleashed. Grim is prepared, but there is no point. With his surprise attack failed, he stands no chance against the two of them. Soon, nothing is left of him. Grim has been completely consumed by the One, who is thirsty for revenge.

Fifteen minutes later. Murska and Pete sit some distance from the glowing Gate.
    "So... That went pretty smoothly eh? Those Caretakers never stood a chance. Well, if you name your God 'the Passive', what do you expect?"
    "Yeah, indeed. Come, the Gate is ready. We will be the first to enjoy the spectacle."
    "Ahh. All those years of training finally pay off."

The Gate now shines with an almost unbearable light. The eleven pillars starts trembling and glowing. A deep rumbling can be heard, coming from deep below - or not as much deep below as everywhere, as if the very fabric of the Universe is shaking. The center of the Gate is blue, a perfect and deep blue. Suddenly, a loud crack resonates. The blue center somehow collapses on itself, creating a black point, slowly growing and growing. Streams of energies are swirling around it, getting sucked inside. The black void claws around, growing, growing, reaching out, consuming, expanding, bigger, farther...

Then, blackness.

From the Outer Planes comes a voice.

"Encore!"

Those Gods of Fate have some sense of humor, right? Or perhaps I just can't describe the Apocalypse.

The last roles where like this:
    Grim, MK, Idiota were Traitors,
    Pete was a plain Crafter,
    Murska was the Protector.

The final ingame events were:
    Gemini gets lynched. Being Retaliator (Crazy War Veteran), he picks MageKing to kill. However, MageKing and Idiota were bounded by the Manipulator (Cupid, Vacuus here), so Idiota dies too. It is then night, and Grim picks Pete, but of course Murska protected Pete that night. That gives a night without lynching, and 2 vs 1 during the day which didn't really give any chances to Grim anymore, so I just finished the game.

The Villagers won this one, but they were pretty lucky. Still, I bet no-one saw that coming. It was pretty fun for me. If the Wolves didn't lynch Gemini (1/3), or Gemini didn't pick MK or Idiota (2/3 roughly, though it was the obvious choice, MK being Headmaster), or Grim didn't pick Pete (1/2), the wolves would have won. Ah, the power of Zbax'bara is strong.

Oh, sorry for being this late, btw. Loads of other things going on around here. I completely forgot about it until about 10PM... It is now 1AM. Man, this stuff eats time. I also didn't proofread, so sorry for mistakes. I corrected a mistake in Chapter 2, if it helps you sleep better.

[EDIT] Ah, hell. I re-read anyway. Fixed some mistakes and unclear sentences, nothing important.
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    God-damnit. My initial choice was going to be to kill Murska, and if I'd followed through instead of allowing my suspicion of him being the Crazy War Veteran to make me switch targets (yes, ironic, isn't it?), we would've won.
    #
    Madgamer 17 years ago
    Wow, when I read the final notes, I was just ROFL'ing across my desk. The villagers looked like they never had a chance, but it seems like they picked the lucky lotto number.

...And just for reference, I'm joining next round.
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    O.O

...my god we got lucky!
    Im also in the next game.
    #
    Murska 17 years ago
    YAY! I knew the roles for the whole last day, so I dropped hints on Grim to pick Pete, and not me. I was incredibly lucky to survive when I had opposed the Traitors all along. I was VERY suspicious of MK and Idiota, because they were the biggest targets, but hadn't died. Also, it made sense from Vacuus's point of view to bond MK and Idiota. So, I contacted both Pete and Gemini last day(Not this one) and asked them to both vote Grim. When Idiota switched his open vote, and we weren't dead 3-3, I knew that 2 guys were bonded, probably MK and Idiota, who were supporting each other. That meant that Gemini or Pete was the CWV, and the other one was just a crafter. So, CWV picked MK, as I had anticipated, and me and Pete, who I had PM'd to drop hints about he being the Angel, tried to get Grim sure Pete was Angel.
    I even gave out in IRC the list of people's roles, changed to show Pete was the Angel, and pretended I didn't know that Angel couldn't protect himself. Then, when Grim told me that, I pretended to have lost hope. It all worked fine in the end.

BTW: Amarth, you lost yor bet. I saw that coming.

EDIT: I'm still counting in the next game. If Nuk'll come, our running joke will continue.
    #
    Shingo 17 years ago
    With this game in mind, I do believe I've made up my mind to never ever trust Idiota in a game of WW. Ever. Not even once. Doing so is what got me killed this time.

I suppose that one could technically say "I got what I deserved" for cheating... Explanation?

Upon the start of this game I found that I was Cupid. I then thought to myself... Well who should I use my power on? I then recalled the previous game in which the cupided pair (MK/Grim) + me were able to win the game. I decided that I liked having the idea of a reliable ally, and I made up my mind that Idiota was a good choice, since due to last game me/MK had somewhat reduced his noticeability on the "threat" meter, so he wouldn't be murdered immediately. Having made up my mind, I PMed Amarth and then set about to give Idiota the low-down before the night was over, since I wasn't going to be around to be able to talk to Idiota the next day. This was bad for me. Idiota claimed to be a plain old innocent. He then appraised his fellow werewolves of who I was, and what I planned to do. They then wasted no time in removing me from the picture.

I do believe this was a poor choice on the Idiota's part. I recently found out that I had been E's target on the first night. With this in mind, me and Idiota would have been set - E would see that I was the cupid. I would then 1. Inform him that I was cupided with Idiota who was a "normal villager" and convince him that all he'd do by screening Idiota would be to waste time, or 2. Simply manipulate E into not screening Idiota by offering him "better" targets. This accomplished, all that would be required is for us to locate the angel and use that to protect me, thus eliminating the dangerous necessity for Idiota to convince his fellow WereWolves not to go after me. Seeing as the Seer would have contacted me the first night, and we'd then know who was a wolf and who was not (and the only candidates for angel-ship are), that leaves very few people for the angel to be, and would easily have been located by us. With adequate targeting on our part (remember, we would likely have the seer to manipulate), the game should have gone rather smoothly for us. Baaaad Idiota >.> How dare j00 prevent us from becoming the third team.
    #
    Murska 17 years ago
    J00 evil person! You thought of trying to locate me, and manipulate me into helping you? Anyway. This game was very cool. Actually, I knew of Gemini's target beforehand, because we had been in contact for some time. So it was easy to deduce, that our only chance was to get Grim to target Pete, which in turn would lead to our victory.
    #
    Anarion 17 years ago
    Nice Amarth, you ended the story most excellently. Really great storytelling there old boy.
    #
    The Gemini 17 years ago
    Heh, it was pretty obvious that Idiota, Grim and MK was the traitors even from the first day.

I'm in for the next round. And I've got a fairly good idea for setting for it too, if you want to hear it?
    #
    E_net4 17 years ago
    First of all, great story, Amarth. Man, this end was pretty cool.

I must correct my mistakes. I shouldn't start accusing someone before a proof. Next time I'll be more careful.

And the rest? I thank Murska for having faith on me.

Yep, next time means I'm in for the next game!

Yep, Gemini, tell your idea, I hope it's anything futuristic.
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    Eh, not everyone's a winner, as they say.

And I WON'T be joining the next game (takin' a bit of vacashun from it).
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    Aaaaw, no more Grim killing ...
    #
    Murska 17 years ago
    I hope next is Prehistoric or Post-Apocalyptinc. First would have Neanderthals and Sapiens(?) and second would have Mutants and Humans.
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    "Shingo" said:
    Idiota claimed to be a plain old innocent. He then appraised his fellow werewolves of who I was, and what I planned to do. They then wasted no time in removing me from the picture.
    Incorrect, we decided to kill you from the start. I didn't even know about it until after the fact. So your strategy idea wouldn't have worked. Nice plan, though. Would've been interesting to see it play out.
    #
    Shingo 17 years ago
    Thought I was too dangerous, eh MK?
    #
    Nuklearni-okurka 17 years ago
    Count with me.
    #
    Murska 17 years ago
    "Shingo" said:
    Thought I was too dangerous, eh MK?

I am lucky I'm so low profile as to nobody sees me as any threat.
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    I dunno, I like when people think that Im clever enough to be a threat...
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "Nuklearni-okurka" said:
    Count with me.
    One... Two... Hey, why aren't you counting?
    #
    Murska 17 years ago
    "Pete" said:
    I dunno, I like when people think that Im clever enough to be a threat...

In WW, it's not clever to try and get people to think that you are clever. That means it will never be true, because clever people would not try to get people to think they are clever.
    #
    E_net4 17 years ago
    I counted 6.. Shingo/Idiota/MageKing17, are you in?
    #
    Amarth 17 years ago
    As wel as Anony, Crazy and potential others?

This game only gets better when there's more people involved.
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    Ill join too If I didnt say it yet.
    #
    E_net4 17 years ago
    Actually, you did say that already.
    #
    Shingo 17 years ago
    You can count me in. And we can also try to get Cejer to join (Not sure if this'll work, but I'm working on it )
    #
    Anonymous1157 17 years ago
    ... The game ended? Wow. I should've been reading this thread.

Even though I kinda do want to play, I'm not so sure of myself. I feel like the first thing I'll do is screw up and get lynched.
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    Yeah, I'm in. I figure if I die right off it'll be the same as if I never joined, so I don't see the harm in it.
    #
    Forum » Werewolf 4 - The goblet of Aer
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: