Register
Email: Password:
Forum » who is waiting for Noctis noVa or NV

who is waiting for Noctis noVa or NV

Bien45 17 years ago
I wanna try the sim out *sighs* if only they will release a beta version and its taking so long 2003>>>2007?
#
Sherimital 16 years ago
Woot! Another Noctis fan!

Keep in mind, though, that there is no "they". It's just Alex, working all by himself, making the game in a programming language that he's not even done making yet.
#
E_net4 16 years ago
And pherhaps it'll go down, since the development of the game has started some years ago.
I'd like to see it done, but were not 100% sure of the release.(Not even 50% of it, I guess)
#
Anonymous1157 16 years ago
Honestly, I forgot this game existed. How can it take anyone, even if its just one man, a couple years to work on a game, and not post anything about the progress he's made on his forum? Its made even more depressing by the fact that Noctis has this invisible corner bug, so my mouse acts up and I can't look in one direction.
#
E_net4 16 years ago
I don't seem to have that problem, but anyway, if Noctis V gets to existance, it'll be a good game.
#
MageKing17 16 years ago
"Sherimital" said:
Oh trust me, most of us (active members, anyway) are.
#
Murska 16 years ago
"MageKing17" said:
"Sherimital" said:

I, for one, don't belong to the most.
#
Anarion 16 years ago
"Murska" said:
"MageKing17" said:
"Sherimital" said:

I, for one, don't belong to the most.
I'm not really a fan, but I would like to see the next version be released.
#
Pete 16 years ago
"MageKing17" said:
"Sherimital" said:

Meh. Id like to be, but 6 years in developement? And the old Noctis is bugged on my PC.
#
Anarion 16 years ago
I got bored of Noctis IV. There wasn't enough variety in the planets to keep me interested, and the graphics sucked IMHO.
#
E_net4 16 years ago
Yes, and there was always a big hole in planets with life.
#
Bien45 16 years ago
Whats w00t and IHMO?
#
Crazy 16 years ago
Oh, yay! Internet slang!

w00t= WOOT! It's a way of saying "yay!". Usually a positive yell.

IMHO = In My Honest Opinion.
#
Grim Reaper 16 years ago
"Crazy" said:

IMHO = In My Honest Opinion.
Also, "WOOT" comes from the phrase "We Own Opposing Team".

And "IMHO" can also mean "In My Humble Opinion", although that just sounds silly.
#
Murska 16 years ago
"Crazy" said:
Oh, yay! Internet slang!

My IRL "friends" are annoyingly stubborn with this. They are saying that it actually means "Whaat?", oddly pronounced. Whatever I tell them, they just won't give up.
#
Amarth 16 years ago
"Grim Reaper" said:
Also, "WOOT" comes from the phrase "We Own Opposing Team".
That's a backronym. It was invented AFTER the phrase was used.
#
Crazy 16 years ago
Wait... isn't the opposite of an acronym a cronym? Logically?
#
Zombie 16 years ago
Well an acronym is a word where each letter stands for an individual word in a phrase... So a cronym would be... Uhh... a phrase where the first letters of each word form a word... Like in some military branches they'll turn the call letters of aircraft into words. Like "Tango Whiskey Charlie Four Nine Five" would be "TWF-495" or somesuch.

A backronym is an acronym where where the word makes the phrase, as apposed to the phrase making the word. Like LOL. LOL is an acronym for "Laughing Out Loud." If I say LOL means "Lie On Leaves" then that is a backronym because the phrase was not initially used to make the word. :3
#
Bien45 16 years ago
I'm also a fan of Orbiter Space flight Simulator
#
Crazy 16 years ago
"Zombie" said:
Well an acronym is a word where each letter stands for an individual word in a phrase... So a cronym would be... Uhh... a phrase where the first letters of each word form a word... Like in some military branches they'll turn the call letters of aircraft into words. Like "Tango Whiskey Charlie Four Nine Five" would be "TWF-495" or somesuch.

A backronym is an acronym where where the word makes the phrase, as apposed to the phrase making the word. Like LOL. LOL is an acronym for "Laughing Out Loud." If I say LOL means "Lie On Leaves" then that is a backronym because the phrase was not initially used to make the word. :3
You just said one and the same thing.

But in the english language there also exists the phrase "Grammar beats logic", so...
#
Zombie 16 years ago
"Crazy" said:
"Zombie" said:

You just said one and the same thing.

But in the english language there also exists the phrase "Grammar beats logic", so...

Agh. Thanks for noticing, Crazy. I typoed big time on the start of that second paragraph... It's supposed to say, "A backronym is an acronym where the phrase was made to match the word, as opposed to the word being defined by the phrase."

If you pay attention, that is somewhat different from what a... err... "cronym" would be. In a backronym the phrase is made using the letters of the word to match the usage of the word. "Cronyms" can make sense as well but are not specifically related to the word or its usage.

Like if a fighter jet had the call sign TBS-599 they could say "Tasty Bacon Sandwiches 599" as their "cronym." It makes sense, but does not relate at all to the word.

On the other hand, in the example of WOOT meaning "We Own Opposing Team," the phrase makes sense. It was made to further define the word like acronyms are made to give a long concept a single word, hence WOOT is a backronym in this case.

Sorry about that little snafu. I didn't fubar it too much, I hope.
#
Crazy 16 years ago
But what if TBS-599 had just been swiss-cheesed?

Really, though. There's no difference between a cronym and a backronym. WOOT and We Own Opposing Team aren't necessarily connected. If a person yells "WOOT!" when his popcorn finishes, i'm pretty sure all he owned was the microwave. Unless he stole it.
#
Grim Reaper 16 years ago
"Crazy" said:
If a person yells "WOOT!" when his popcorn finishes, i'm pretty sure all he owned was the microwave. Unless he stole it.
Perhaps the popcorn, too.
#
Crazy 16 years ago
No, i'm PRETTY SURE he stole THAT...
#
Zombie 16 years ago
Was it nice and buttery~?

*drool*
#
Bien45 16 years ago
Just tell me what it means and lets all get back on topic
#
Grim Reaper 16 years ago
"Bien45" said:
Just tell me what it means and lets all get back on topic
We already DID.

Also, I for one do not belong in the group of people who are waiting for Noctis V.
#
ahrenjb 16 years ago
Well, the current version of Noctis I am finding very difficult. I have only been able to move around and... well thats it.
#
MageKing17 16 years ago
"Grim Reaper" said:
Also, I for one do not belong in the group of people who are waiting for Noctis V.
Ah, but would you at least like to see it come out?
#
Murska 16 years ago
"MageKing17" said:
"Grim Reaper" said:

Hmm... No. I at least won't play it even if it comes, but I know that if it DOES come, some people will start playing it instead of doing something more important.
#
Grim Reaper 16 years ago
"MageKing17" said:
"Grim Reaper" said:
Perhaps to see what all the fuss has been about, I might look into it. Otherwise, nah.
#
Sherimital 16 years ago
Another game (in the same vein) I've been watching for a good while is Infinity. It's much more active, and pretty-looking, than Noctis Nova. You could call it an extremely open-ended Freelancer MMO, with /enormous/ ships ala Freespace, which has the prettiest graphics I've yet seen in gamingdom. I cannot stress enough how great it looks, and yet it's not just a pretty face: Watch the video showing the seamless space-to-planet-surface transition, for instance, and you might see what greatness it will hopefully achieve.
#
Bien45 16 years ago
Dang! Infinity is an MMOG and my other Comp the one im using now cant handle it! Poor me!!!!!!
#
bwansy 16 years ago
I'm a noctis fan, too.
Although my emotional part tells me NV will be out someday, my rational part says the project is already dead.
#
ahrenjb 16 years ago
Infinity looks absolutely amazing.
#
Forum » who is waiting for Noctis noVa or NV

Your email:
Your name: