Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Planet Pandora
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Planet Pandora

TNN17 11 years ago
    I am honestly impressed. The non-graphical code part I can wrap my head around, but I assume you're using special bar images for the HUD? This is very, very nicely done, I'd have copped out and put an injury Sub-Menu for this stuff and it wouldn't look nearly as good as you've made it. I'm really looking forward to looking into your code.

Head Injury: Minor: Fluctuate gamespeed randomly by 0.8-1.2. You can have this all handled with one item with just Condition 8 and various possibilities. Major fluctuates 0.5-1.5.

This'll be disorienting at least, make leading your target awkward and generally make play difficult. You could potentionally also have the player fire semi-transparent "fuzzy" bullets in random directions, giving vision blurring. You could potentially have serious injuries cause black outs too.

Torso is injured: Slows regeneration, slows stamina recovery. Major stops fatigue recovery and regeneration entirely, Major might be linked to blood loss, but that could be applied to any major injury.

Major Right, Left arm: Force Equip an unremovable item onto each arm, invisible in inventory, big red X image. This'll stop the player from equipping onto that arm until it heals.

Legs: Seriously injured - Moving takes Stamina, just like Running does, but without the speed bonus. Can't run. No stamina? Can't walk until you rest. This is on top of speed penalties, and if both legs are out, you'll have to crawl (probably by using the forward momentum from punching).

Keep up the great work.

Edit:

By Buddha it's just occurred to me how genius this idea is. You can use the show/hide bars with backgrounds to display Status Icons for Bleeding, Hungry, Thirsty, Sleeping.... This has serious potential to explore.

Edited 11 years ago
    #
    YinYin Falcon 11 years ago
    Yellow body parts: You are injured.
    If right arm is injured: than your mouse pointer will shake a little
    If left arm is injured: than your mouse pointer will shake a little
    If right and left arms are injured: than your mouse pointer will shake a little stronger
    If left leg is injured: than it will slow your movement down
    If right leg is injured: than it will slow your movement down
    If your head is injured: (dim the vision a little)
    If your torso is injured: (shake the screen a little)

Red body parts: You are seriously injured.
    If right arm is seriously injured: (a little stronger shaking on single handed weapons - heavy shaking on double handed weapons)
    If left arm is seriously injured: (a little stronger shaking on single handed weapons - heavy shaking on double handed weapons)
    If right and left arms are seriously injured: (only double handed weapons available with super heavy shaking)
    If left leg is seriously injured: (slow movement + limping: speed changes with every step)
    If right leg is seriously injured: (slow movement + limping: speed changes with every step)
    If your head is seriously injured: (dim the vision a lot)
    If your torso is seriously injured: (shake the screen a lot)

what about both legs being injured?
    #
    MageKing17 11 years ago
    ...Did you have to use green and yellow?
    #
    INFERNUS 11 years ago
    Yellow body parts: You are injured.
    If right arm is injured: Than your mouse pointer will shake a little
    If left arm is injured: Than your mouse pointer will shake a little
    If right and left arms are injured: Than your mouse pointer will shake a little stronger
    If left leg is injured: Than it will slow your movement down
    If right leg is injured: Than it will slow your movement down
    If your head is injured: Possibly changing a game speed a little and small black dots
    If your torso is injured: Slower regeneration , slower stamina regeneration

Red body parts: You are seriously injured.
    If right arm is seriously injured: A little stronger shaking
    If left arm is seriously injured: A little stronger shaking

Force Equip an unremovable item onto each arm, invisible in inventory, big red X image. This'll stop the player from equipping onto that arm until it heals.
    Yes, but if your right hand is injured than you cant use any weapon (becouse every gun need right slot available to equip it, or any light source needs left hand slot)

If right and left arms are seriously injured: You cant use dual wield weapons

If left leg is seriously injured: slow movement + limping: speed changes with every step
    If right leg is seriously injured: slow movement + limping: speed changes with every step
    If your head is seriously injured: Possibly changing a game speed a little and big black dots
    If your torso is seriously injured: A lot slower regeneration , a lot slower stamina regeneration

what about both legs being injured?
    if they are seriously injured the:
    very slow speed, no limping, you cant run, moving takes stamina

Thanks guys!

I will add bleeding later.
    Health packs will heal wounded parts.

I assume you're using special bar images for the HUD?
    Yep.

hm?

Edited 11 years ago
    #
    Anonymous1157 11 years ago
    INFERNUS said:

hm?
    You need to pick a colorblind-friendly color scheme.
    INFERNUS said:
    Force Equip an unremovable item onto each arm, invisible in inventory, big red X image. This'll stop the player from equipping onto that arm until it heals.
    Yes, but if your right hand is injured than you cant use any weapon (becouse every gun need right slot available to equip it, or any light source needs left hand slot)
    Force-unequip any dual-handed weapon? If I had one good arm and one seriously-injured arm, I don't think I'd bother with dual-handed weapons.
    #
    INFERNUS 11 years ago
    Updates:

Added bleeding.
    All body part colors switch correctly when injured.

Health pack can heal every body part and stops bleeding when used.
    Strange plant (I dont have name for this item) can stop bleeding.

I have problems with condition 45.
    It dosnt work for some reason...

Added difficulty.

You need to pick a colorblind-friendly color scheme.

oh...now i get it.
    well... what colors should i pick then?

Colors
    #
    TNN17 11 years ago
    Concerning colours, if you want to go the classic RYG mix, you could maybe have the yellow be a darker tone (more amber than yellow)?

For Condition 45, what exactly seems to be the problem? I use it constantly without a problem. Feel free to copy/paste the code or just the condition block in question and tell me what it's intended to be checking.
    #
    INFERNUS 11 years ago
    Concerning colours, if you want to go the classic RYG mix, you could maybe have the yellow be a darker tone (more amber than yellow)?

ill see what i can do

For Condition 45, what exactly seems to be the problem? I use it constantly without a problem. Feel free to copy/paste the code or just the condition block in question and tell me what it's intended to be checking.

if creature was hit by weapon class 0
    this wont work
    45;//condition number
    -0.000000;//parameter0
    0.000000;//parameter1

#
    TNN17 11 years ago
    Ah hah, there's your problem, methinks. I don't believe you can check to see if something was hit by a weapon class 0, since 0 isn't a negative. I'd transfer your class 0 weapons to a higher number and see if that solves the issue.
    #
    INFERNUS 11 years ago
    works now. tnx TNN
    #
    INFERNUS 11 years ago
    Small Updates:

-Swamp and jungle areas are done
    -Rain now makes splash sounds
    -Few items and bug fixes
    -Bigger aliens have bigger chance to injure you.
    -Some sleep changes
    -Bleeding

Later:

I think I'll add (a movie) intro, few swamp creatures, some plasma weapons and melee weapons. Armor will reduce the chance of injuring. You can cut down trees to gain wood.

Edited 11 years ago
    #
    TNN17 11 years ago
    Trees you say? I believe I just had a case of PTSD.

This the current version on the first post? I'll have a gander later, once I've finished playing Monster's Den Chronicles to death.
    #
    INFERNUS 11 years ago
    Small Update:

Added new alien
    --> If you are close to him, it will shoot small poisonous spikes and run away.
    --> If they hit you, you will hallucinate, and if you hallucinate you will see some aliens, items or objects that are not supposed to be there.
    -->you can pick them up but you wont get anything, and you cant hurt aliens or other creatures... bullets will pass through them
    -->depends how many spikes hit you

Edited 11 years ago
    #
    INFERNUS 11 years ago
    Hello again, I'm back with this mod.
    Update:

-There is an ending now, you have to fix the whole ship and fly away.
    When I finish the game, there will be 3 endings, first one will be fixing the ship, you will have to find out the second one, and the third one will be a secret ending.

-One new aline, acid alien spits acid at you and than runs away if you get to close to them, they deal small damage, but they will damage your body parts a lot.

-One new worm, spits hot glue if you come close to him.

-Insects and birds are now edible

How to fix the ship:
    --2 Engines
    1.) Right click on it to remove the generator energy cells.
    2.) Find the chip and replace the burned one with a new one.
    3.) Insert the new cells
    4.) Fix the structural damage with 5 scrap metal and a welding tool

--Few damaged parts:
    1.) Fix it with 2 scrap metals and welding tool

--Broken wall:
    1.) Fix it with 5 scrap metal and welding tool

--Light switch
    1.) Fix it with 2 scrap metal and welding tool
    2.) After few seconds, it will power itself if there is at least one operational generator on the ship
    3.) Right click to turn it on/off

--Consoles
    1.) Fix it with 2 scrap metal and welding tool

I will put more parts to the ship when I found the icons.

-Food and water consumption are lowered, and you will die slower if you run out of it.
    This will let you survive longer.
    Also, damage system hud is tweaked a little:
    Damage system hud

Also, somehow I lost the last update I did, and that update wont be in this one.

How to survive:
    -First you want to take as many stuff you can find around the corners of the map, fill your empty bottles with water and try to find some seeds from the red plant. There are lots of thing on the ship you can use- 2 empty batteries in the engine room, pistol, bullets and a lighter in command room, health pack and a broken turret in the middle part, one ration, two empty cans, water and one empty bottle in the right wing. You can also find scrap metal all around the ship.
    -You will need to recharge your empty battery near the blue plant and combine it with scrap metal to make a tazer.
    -Aliens are blind, if you see one coming near you, don't move until he goes away.
    -Make sure that you are filled when the night arrives.
    -Don't go near the middle unless you have a flame thrower as there are many aliens.(combination is the same as in vanilla notrium)
    -Generator cells are located at the same spot every time.

New release will be here soon.

Edit: I almost forgot, I'm also making intro cinematic and crafting.

Edited 11 years ago
    #
    INFERNUS 10 years ago
    Update:
    New damage hud:

As you can see, I added radiation and toxin damage indicators.

Some maps will have toxic air or radiation leaks, so you will need to wear bio hazard suit or respirator.

-Insects can cure toxins slowly
    -Radiated aliens and Acid aliens deals toxin damage now.
    -4 maps to play on (3 jungles and Crash site)

As soon as I fix crafting system, I'll upload the mod.
    #
    INFERNUS 10 years ago
    New version:
    Planet Pandora v0.1.5

-Toxins can be healed by eating insects
    -Rad damage can be healed by eating yellow berries(they still deal toxin damage though)
    -A very, very short cinematic ( I will update in the meantime)
    -Crafting system is not implemented, as it had a serious bug. Will be fixed later.
    -Shotgun can change bullet type by combining it with the bullet (pebbles or metal balls)

Next update will include farming, few new maps, few more combinations, weapons, coking and a little AI update. As well as updated cinematic!

NOTE: Entering different maps will lag your comp for 10-20 sec when you first enter them, so be sure that you save regulary!

Edited 10 years ago
    #
    skyhunter (guest) 10 years ago
    the download isn't working
    #
    INFERNUS 10 years ago
    Whoops, sorry for that. It is fixed now.
    #
    Skyhunter (guest) 10 years ago
    thanks, I found a little where some brown aliens change colour a bit and become almost extremely hard to kill plus they drop small brown alien corpses.
    don't know if this is a bug or what. love the mod
    #
    Skyhunter (guest) 10 years ago
    thanks, I found a little where some brown aliens change colour a bit and become almost extremely hard to kill plus they drop small brown alien corpses.
    #
    INFERNUS 10 years ago
    Skyhunter (guest) said:

I forgot to change the image for them. Also, with what weapon did you attacked them?
    #
    skyhunter (guest) 10 years ago
    I attacked them with the weak laser rifle
    #
    INFERNUS 10 years ago
    I will update all aliens and their AI so it would be more realistic.
    #
    INFERNUS 10 years ago
    Hi guys.
    Anyways, made hunger, thirst and bleeding more realistic.
    Each food now have nutriments.

Nutriments are required to supply your body with vitamins and minerals. If you don't eat any food with high nutriment, you will start to starve, but very slowly. It doesn't reduce you health anymore, it adds the starvation damage to the new bar.
    So, your hunger bar just checks if you can eat more food.
    If you are thirsty, it will also add damage to your starvation bar.

Bleeding also have a new bar.

It is attached on the health bar, and starvation bar is on the hunger bar.

I'll try to improve damage system as well.
    And Farming progress is awfull...
    #
    INFERNUS 10 years ago
    Added chemicals and few ways to heal brute damage.

-The Syringe. Used to inject various types of chemicals.

- Bandage. Stops bleeding instantly.

-Ice pack. Put it on the bruised body part, to help it heal faster.

---
    -Plasters. Stops bleeding, but only for minor wounds.

-The gel Tube, which can contain various chemical gels. Can be applyed to any body part.

-The Bloodleaf plant. Bloodleaves can be gathered from this plant.

-The Bloodleaf. Contains Dexaline, a chemical that forces your body to produce blood faster, and heals your organism. Can be boiled to make even more effective chemical.

-The Dexaline syringe.

-The Plant. This plant contains Imidazine, a chemical which stops bleeding. This plant can be used directly on the wound, but it can be boiled to get more powerful effect.

-The Imadizine syringe.

---
    -The Bicardine syringe.Heals bruised body parts, very effective.

---
    -The Adrenaline syringe.Run faster, slow time, party hard!

---
    -The Sleep Toxin syringeForce sleep!

And many more. I'll keep the medical updates on the first page.

Also, any suggestions?

Edited 10 years ago
    #
    Forum » Planet Pandora
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: