Forum » Werewolf ep. 6
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Werewolf ep. 6

E_net4 16 years ago
    "Nuklearni-okurka" said:
    Count with me if bannanas!
    Lol? Now "bannanas" is a condition!

...Nevermind, I'm still loling about stupidity on the Fast Talk forum...

Gopher it! remake
    #
    Shingo 16 years ago
    Honestly.... "Banana" as a setting option? /me is rather.....

D'you mean to tell me there's a group of you that will only participate in that setting? :S
    #
    Anonymous1157 16 years ago
    Well... no.

I'll participate if we do the Banana thing, OR if you come up with a way to make sure everyone actively participates. If you can figure out the latter, you could do genitals as a theme and I wouldn't care.
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    If you can figure out the latter, you could do genitals as a theme and I wouldn't care.
    He'd never do that theme, anyway.

When is it going to start?
    #
    Did I mention that I won't be in the next game?
    #
    Idiota 16 years ago
    You cannot have a serious game of werewolves when the theme is about burgiting bananas.
    #
    Crazy 16 years ago
    No, no you can't.

Is that a bad thing?
    #
    Anarion 16 years ago
    No-one said it had to be serious. It's a game after all.
    #
    Crazy 16 years ago
    As they returned, a heated argument between Shingo and Amarth began right away.

Accusations flew, and Amarth was quickly gaining the upper hand.

As Shingo understood that he was cornered, right before everyone else's eyes, he took his gun, pressed it against his mouthpiece and fired.

Not a word was said.

He was precessed just like the others and the following night, the remaining three went scavenging again.

And noone died that night. Neither did anyone die the night after that.

Soon enough, the enemy found out about the deaths of Shingo and Grim. But they marched to find the House deserted. The clan had left. Ironically enough, if the enemy had not agreed to let Shingo and Grim assassinate the others, they could never had been able to escape.

For some time, the clan suffered, as they left many important pieces of equipment behind.

But it didn't matter much. They eventually reached Bifröst, one of the Space elevators from before the End.

The line reaching to space was still functional, made from nanofibres and thus survived the End, but the elevator was damaged beyond repair.

It took the scavengers two years to rebuild it. Another year to change the plans for it to accommodate 3 Scavengers instead of 9. A whole seven years to collect materials to build the spaceship, nicknamed Hope. It took Pete, Amarth and Anonymous a total of sixteen years to build the Hope.

Compared to this, the year and a half it took to reach Mars itself was nothing.

Mars had no breathable atmosphere, though it contains 95% carbon dioxide. The Hope had on board a species of algae, however, for photosynthesis, it would also need water. So the Scavengers set down on the northern polar cap.

With materials both taken from earth and some harvested from Mars itself, the first colony of algae began to form in a greenhouse designed to create a suitable pressure of atmosphere and protect the algae from Martian ionization. This algae could never survive in Earth atmosphere, even with the greenhouse because of the synthetic toxins and radioactivity.

This took ten years of automated work. All of this time the scavengers were stripped of most of their mechanics, their metabolism slowed down to survive with as little as they can.

But with time, there was enough algae to be processed as food. And enough left over for the colony to keep growing.

Soon enough, the Scavengers were free to explore a rather large colony.

And after fifty-six years, they took some data from the Mainframe. This was the genetic data of six unmutated people. The only such data left. This is what they ad been protecting from the start. A new future for mankind. A second age.

And they cloned man. And they cloned woman. And they aged.

One hundred and thirty-six years after the Scavengers left Earth, they let go. One of them had already died due to brain failure. The only organ they could not replace. The rest followed willingly.

And mankind began anew. The Scavengers had the genetic data of some other plants and even some small animals.

And eventually, they left Mars. Well, not all of them. But some did.

And a mere four hundred and fifteen years after the Scavengers left Earth, they learned to know species from other parts of the universe.

Yes, i know "Bifröst" is pronounced as "beefroast", but it's actually a bridge connecting the world of the gods, the world of humans and the underworld in Scandinavian folklore. Really.
    #
    Was that another one of your wireless adapter's lag fits, or did it really take you that long to make up the end of the story?

I like it. A lot. As in, I like it so much, I wish it was a book. Beef roast is delicious, by the way.
    #
    Crazy 16 years ago
    Thanks, Anonymous. You make me sorry for not spending more time on the story.
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    Yeah, that was a bit out of the blue. Anyway, nice.

And, err, Anonymous... This game *is* played 75% outside of the thread. There's no need to change that, IMO.
    #
    In case you haven't noticed, former GM, there was A LOT more conversation in the first couple of rounds. Lately, the thread has been becoming pretty much useless, because it's not getting the other 25% you didn't mention. More like 2%: The story, and one or two failed attempts at getting an actual conversation started so that we don't have to just GUESS who to lynch every single round.
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    Well, first rounds, people were experimenting and didn't really see the possibilities. But speaking in public is highly risky - the tone of your message usually says a lot about your role. That is pretty much why I picked Grim, he was acting too rational. So safest strategy seems to be behind-the-scenes stuff.

And yes, I'll admit interest has dropped over time. Sounds natural to me. I don't think rules and regulations will correct that.

And, well, perhaps you should just try to push things a bit yourself? Conversations don't come if everyone just waits for them.
    #
    Idiota 16 years ago
    In case you haven't noticed, Grim usually speaks rationally, and occasionally, idiotic. Although the latter is copyrighted by me.
    #
    Me and E BOTH tried to start conversations. Twice. Unfortunately, only MK responded.

But seriously, I'm not playing unless we go with bananas or somebody figures out how to get people to start conversations. Otherwise it's too boring and hard at the same time.
    #
    Murska 16 years ago
    Really. Big. BUMP! Now that Crazy's back(right?), we have a GM, correct? So... Anyone want the seventh round?

About conversations, I've decided I'll discuss about it at least. It's just a game, it's not so important if you die because you were talking. But I'd suggest talking IC as much as possible in this thread, for then it'll be nicer to read and fun, too. Otherwise, I'll just get the feeling that the story is nothing important, and the GM-posts could just say "Votes: H:2 G:5 M:3 G dies, G was Angel, G was bonded to M, M was Seer, it's night."
    #
    "Murska" said:
    So... Anyone want the seventh round?
    Not anymore.
    #
    Murska 16 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    "Murska" said:
    Not anymore.

Yeah, and why is that?
    #
    Grim Reaper 16 years ago
    "Murska" said:
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    "Murska" said:
    Not anymore.
    Yeah, and why is that?
    We has WolfBot.
    #
    Murska 16 years ago
    Which has less players, more crashes, less stories, more bots and is much shorter. Anyway, Anon won't play that, either.
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    "Murska" said:
    Which has less players
    Only if people refuse to play it because there are too few players. >.<

"Murska" said:
    more crashes
    Yeah, until they get FIXED. I still haven't seen the latest version screw up.

"Murska" said:
    less stories
    ...Yeah, can't argue with that.

"Murska" said:
    more bots
    Technically, it only has one bot required. The others are entirely due to people not playing.

"Murska" said:
    and is much shorter
    So... you want IRC werewolf games to last for weeks?

"Murska" said:
    Anyway, Anon won't play that, either.
    ...Can't argue with this one, either.
    #
    Murska 16 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    "Murska" said:
    Which has less players
    Only if people refuse to play it because there are too few players. >.<

"Murska" said:
    more crashes
    Yeah, until they get FIXED. I still haven't seen the latest version screw up.

"Murska" said:
    less stories
    ...Yeah, can't argue with that.

"Murska" said:
    more bots
    Technically, it only has one bot required. The others are entirely due to people not playing.

"Murska" said:
    and is much shorter
    So... you want IRC werewolf games to last for weeks?

"Murska" said:
    Anyway, Anon won't play that, either.
    ...Can't argue with this one, either.

I think IRC werewolf and forum werewolf are different. IRC games are shorter, lighter, less strategised, and smaller in scope. There are less players in IRC games simply because there aren't that many people in IRC at the time. In forum games, there's a week of time to be online, which is more manageable. And even one required bot is still more than in forum WW. Now don't take this as if I wouldn't like Wolfbot, it certainly is fun, and has got anonymous mode. It's much better for fast, "Let's play WW!" games.
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    "Murska" said:
    anonymous mode
    ANONYMOUS MODE!

/me headbangs
    #
    Murska 16 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    "Murska" said:
    anonymous mode
    ANONYMOUS MODE!

/me headbangs

O_o
    #
    Crazy 16 years ago
    Well, i'd still be up for Mafia, which actually was exactly what Murska is talking about. The story somewhat actually distances from the game itself, with everyone adopting a character, and all roles apparent from the beginning. I would allow for some control of people's characters, however as they don't actually know what their characters are going to do, this would be rather limited and would be more about the characters general behavior, although most characters are somewhat (or more than "somewhat") stereotypical.

It's a bit like the players are soccer fans cheering for their favorite team. The team hears them a bit, and does somewhat act as the fans want to, but they remain playing their own game. However, interestingly enough, the fans decide the winner, not the players.

I'm also looking into ways of undermining the opponent and a bit of spywork, as to allow people that take more effort in the game to also have a edge on the enemy, instead of blind shots in the dark.

The Don awaits.
    #
    Murska 16 years ago
    "Crazy" said:
    Well, i'd still be up for Mafia, which actually was exactly what Murska is talking about. The story somewhat actually distances from the game itself, with everyone adopting a character, and all roles apparent from the beginning. I would allow for some control of people's characters, however as they don't actually know what their characters are going to do, this would be rather limited and would be more about the characters general behavior, although most characters are somewhat (or more than "somewhat") stereotypical.

It's a bit like the players are soccer fans cheering for their favorite team. The team hears them a bit, and does somewhat act as the fans want to, but they remain playing their own game. However, interestingly enough, the fans decide the winner, not the players.

I'm also looking into ways of undermining the opponent and a bit of spywork, as to allow people that take more effort in the game to also have a edge on the enemy, instead of blind shots in the dark.

The Don awaits.

Very much cheers for that. GO RED TEAM!
    #
    Forum » Werewolf ep. 6
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: