Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Geeks, Nerds, Dorks,...
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Geeks, Nerds, Dorks,...

E_net4 16 years ago
    I couldn't find any specific differences between these. What do you think about it? Discuss.
    #
    The Gemini 16 years ago
    Well, I guess most of the forum members are nerds.
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    A geek is an intelligent, passionate person. Computer geek, maths geek, Tolkien geek, whatever.

A nerd is a person (usually a geek) who devotes so much time on something that his social life suffers. In short, the guy-in-moms-basement.

A dork is just a socially inept person - it doesn't involve intelligence or passion.
    #
    Crazy 16 years ago
    Blasted! Amarth beat me to it.

Wikipedia offers data on the subject.

Also, geek may or may not mean geekishness in topics usually considered to be "geeky". Any person with a large knowledgebase of a subject can consider himself/herself/itself (Well, when you're gonna be politically correct, might aswell count the androids in) and geek of said subject. Ie. i consider myself to be a metal geek to some extent.
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    So, have anything extra to say about nerds? There's a doubt of mine to be clarified.
    #
    Crazy 16 years ago
    Which is...?
    #
    The Gemini 16 years ago
    That most nerds are a$sholes. Seriously.
    #
    harwe 16 years ago
    take the geek test, if you haven't already find out if ur one or not!
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    I already took that test, I got "Geek Tendencies".
    "He " said:
    Which is...?
    Wether I'm a nerd or not.
    #
    The Gemini 16 years ago
    I became a Poser, at 8,875%. Heheh
    #
    Crazy 16 years ago
    Well, the classification of nerds can be much varied. At one extreme end is that you are only a nerd if you sit behind your computer (or Star Trek or LEGOs or even your eraser collection) so much that you have little hope of moving out of "your mom's basement" because you don't have the survival skills needed. Nerd by these definitions only go outside on their way to school/work and back and never leave the house on any occasion.

On the other extreme end, you can be considered a nerd if you spend enough time with your affectionate objects that your social life suffers in some/any way.

I don't consider myself a nerd, but by the second definition i am.

Took the Geek Test again. Got 34,5 (Total Geek). Dammit, 0,5 more and i would've gotten "Mayor Geek". D:
    (it somewhat bothers me that i didn't select "more friends" and then selected "more RAM" right after that)
    #
    Anonymous1157 16 years ago
    Don't worry, Crazy, I did the same thing when I took it.

... And I still only came out as a regular geek. Stupid test has too many options that I can't check.
    #
    Idiota 16 years ago
    "The Gemini" said:
    I became a Poser, at 8,875%. Heheh

Same, only at 7.somewhat.
    #
    Mika 16 years ago
    Hmm, 3.5503% -Poser
    #
    Shingo 16 years ago
    w000!!!!!!

My results were, as follows: 43.19527% - Major Geek

Only one problem, now... is that a good or a bad thing
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    I've taken that before. Twice. Don't recall my exact score either time. Might be in my IRC chat logs. I do know it was up there.
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    "Shingo" said:
    is that a good or a bad thing
    Depends on your society. If many of your schoolmates or friends are geeks too, it's good, otherwise it's terrible.
    #
    Grim Reaper 16 years ago
    I, too, recall taking it at least twice. The first time I filled out the test as truthfully as possible, whereas the next time I downright lied to get my score higher.
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    I, too, recall taking it at least twice. The first time I filled out the test as truthfully as possible, whereas the next time I downright lied to get my score higher.
    XD

I remember I got a higher score the second time, but I was truthful both times.
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    Same.
    And the conclusion I take from here is that I'm a nerd.
    #
    Crazy 16 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    I've taken that before. Twice. Don't recall my exact score either time. Might be in my IRC chat logs. I do know it was up there.
    I think i've taken the test 3 or 4 times...
    #
    speedblade 16 years ago
    "Shingo" said:
    w000!!!!!!

Bad.
    #
    Grim Reaper 16 years ago
    "speedblade" said:
    "Shingo" said:
    w000!!!!!!

Bad.
    It actually depends on who you're asking.
    #
    speedblade 16 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    "speedblade" said:
    "Shingo" said:
    w000!!!!!!

Bad.
    It actually depends on who you're asking.

Then Scientist - Good, Anybody at school/college - No.
    #
    Crazy 16 years ago
    Ah, i see you are one of these "popular" people.

What the hell are you doing here?!
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    Do you guys know the format of "Beauty and the Geek"? I suppose you do, I think about every country has its own version. Anyway, this morning, I checked the message board of our student association, and there it was... An advertisement of Eyeworks (tv producer company), asking if anyone wanted to be candidate for the next series...

I'm somewhat tempted to mail them with pictures of some of my friends.
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    "Amarth" said:
    I'm somewhat tempted to mail them with pictures of some of my friends.
    Ask for Grimsy's pics. XD
    #
    Idiota 16 years ago
    hehe, they usually pick people from the higher levels of society. Studying math qualifies for that I see. xD You'd almost be tempted to say yes and actually play all them fancy ladies. (if they're fancy, that is)

Although I do prefer slightly more intelligent women. From the girlfriends I've had so far, I've found that the less intelligent are orally just as pleasing as the intelligent ones, while you can actually hold a conversation with the smarter ones.
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    Smart ones!

... That makes me remember something about Blonde girls: Why do people say they're dumb?
    #
    The Gemini 16 years ago
    This is why: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvjdzfV2iFQ&mode=related&search=
    #
    Pete 16 years ago
    I think I just had the longest in my entire life.
    #
    I LOL'd my pants off, and then the pants got up and ran away.

Y'know, the Blondes in the American version of that show are a lot smarter. No, wait... Actually, they don't do that on the American version IIRC. XD
    #
    Crazy 16 years ago
    From the girlfriends I've had so far, I've found that the less intelligent are orally just as pleasing as the intelligent ones, while you can actually hold a conversation with the smarter ones.
    So far i've found 7 possible contexts to that sentence...
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    "Crazy" said:
    From the girlfriends I've had so far, I've found that the less intelligent are orally just as pleasing as the intelligent ones, while you can actually hold a conversation with the smarter ones.
    And most of them dirty.
    #
    "MageKing17" said:
    "Crazy" said:
    And most of them dirty.
    I only found 3, but they're bad enough.
    #
    Forum » Geeks, Nerds, Dorks,...
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: