Forum » Multiplayer game idea?
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Multiplayer game idea?

Nuklearni-okurka 16 years ago
    Take over the world!
    #
    Anonymous1157 16 years ago
    I just thought of something. It's not really much of a game, but it'd be a challenge to get it to work in multiplayer, which was Amarth's idea.

GRAVITATIONAL BALLS!

*Crickets chirp*

... So, basically, every computer "playing" the "game" simulates about fifty balls, depending on the raw processing power of the computer in question. Ball positions are transmitted through the intertubes and interact with everyone else's balls.

That came out wrong.
    #
    Vacuus 16 years ago
    And how, exactly is that multiplayer?
    #
    Anonymous1157 16 years ago
    Uh...

Well, you could try to seperate as many of your balls from the resulting planet as possible by switching gravity modes (For lack of a better word).

Seriously, it might work. Noctis started out as a sky generator, and Al had the brilliant idea of making a ship to take you to them. This might turn into a game, too. No clue how, though.
    #
    ahrenjb 16 years ago
    A land vehicle combat game similar to Astro Battle.

Fully customizable vehicles, AND weapons.

With a 2D top down perspective similar to either Notrium, or isometric like C&C, Red Alert 1, Tiberian Sun.
    #
    Bubb9 16 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    "Bubb9" said:
    one thing I've noticed is how RPGs almost ALWAYS force you to be a human character I for one would rather try being an insectoid or some other more abstract being
    You obviously haven't thought this through... how, exactly, is the player supposed to properly empathize with something so abstract?

Ever considered that everyones tastes arent your own?
    #
    Grim Reaper 16 years ago
    "Bubb9" said:
    "MageKing17" said:
    "Bubb9" said:
    one thing I've noticed is how RPGs almost ALWAYS force you to be a human character I for one would rather try being an insectoid or some other more abstract being
    You obviously haven't thought this through... how, exactly, is the player supposed to properly empathize with something so abstract?
    Ever considered that everyones tastes arent your own?
    I don't see how someone's "tastes" are relevant in this matter. It's simply easier to empathize with something one is rather familiar with instead of something as abstract as a strange insectoid being.

I'm not saying that you CAN'T properly empathize with an insectoid or anything, just that it's more NATURAL to empathize with a human. After all, we do (or should be doing) it all the time in real life.
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    I'm not saying that you CAN'T properly empathize with an insectoid or anything, just that it's more NATURAL to empathize with a human. After all, we do (or should be doing) it all the time in real life.
    Or sufficiently human-like, for that matter.

And if you aren't empathizing properly, you're a sociopath.
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    I'm a bit late here, sorry. But... Well, I don't really want to do anything with physics. Physics really annoy me. I've seen a couple of good ideas here, but nothing that really interests me...

"ahrenjb" said:
    A land vehicle combat game similar to Astro Battle.
    Hmm, I don't know that game. Is it just some top-down drive-around-and-shoot-at-enemies game? Always fun to do, I think.

I've had another idea. Multiplayer Lemmings. Of course not co-op (that's boring) but against each other. You can control only your own lemmings, but whatever you do to the playfield affects both players. Each has his own entry and destination point. You try to get in more lemmings in the given time period than the other player.

Given a bit of tweaking, I feel it might work.
    #
    Grim Reaper 16 years ago
    Something without physics, eh?

Howsabout multiplayer NetHack?
    #
    Crazy 16 years ago
    Physics is to mathematics as sex is to masturbation.

#
    Amarth 16 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    Howsabout multiplayer NetHack?
    A thought I played with often, up to the point of taking a look at the NH sources. Ouch. Never again.

Also, it's called 'Diablo'.

And if we go for quotes-that-don't-make-sense:
    "Saint Augustine" said:
    The good Christian should beware the mathematician and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of hell.
    #
    ahrenjb 16 years ago
    Or LIERO but bettar!
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    I'll just put it here, as there was some talk about a game where you throw blocks at each other. I haven't tried it due to lack of time, but does anyone know toblo?
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    Looks interesting. We should play it someday, when we have time.
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    That game sounds funny... Decide a date.
    #
    Vacuus 16 years ago
    Yes. NetHack sources are a bad, bad thing... They are seriously going to have to consider re-writing that bloated piece of (coding) trash.

Toblo? Yeah, I've got it.
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    We have scavenged for an idea during some time without a concrete decision.
    ...How about a poll?
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    Decision? Poll? This is just about gathering ideas, for me anyway... The way things are looking, it might be a while before I start coding something like this, if ever.

Of course, if someone else wants to have a go, feel free...
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    I'd like to revive this conversation. I hope you are still in mind of making the game, Amarth.
    #
    Forum » Multiplayer game idea?
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: