Register
Email: Password:
Forum » COME OUT OF HIDING, ZEXLR8ER
  • « previous
  • » next
  • COME OUT OF HIDING, ZEXLR8ER

Amarth 16 years ago
    It starts here(*). I suppose you can all guess what is going on. Why is ZeX making posts and deleting them? No one knows. He's an evil bastard.

BUT! We have proof this time around. See here. Anarion cleverly made this screenshot after seeing ZeX post.

Sig-sized pic here:

To spread the revolution, please copy-paste the following code in your signature:
    [url=http://www.monkkonen.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=74750] [img]http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/5461/proofga1gh8.jpg[/img]
    We found you, ZeX![/url]

EDIT:
    (*) He already deleted those posts in the first link. Damn. But we have a screenshot of him posting in the first place. Note how suspicious it is that post number 74745 doesn't exist, but later posts DO exist. It's clearly deleted.

EDIT2: He edited this post. Post before here, post after here. He also changed file links to others, I don't have a post of how it was earlier.

EDIT3: more editing. Just see the evidence down below. I am thinking of using weapons of mass spammage. Anyway, more proof isn't needed, I think. We now just need to solve his riddles - seek him. Anyone who is good at that?

All (current) image proof:
    Original post: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/8308/proofga1.jpg">http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/8308/proofga1.jpg</a><!-- m -->
    Sig-sized: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/5461/proofga1gh8.jpg">http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/5461/proofga1gh8.jpg</a><!-- m -->
    ZeX's SPOOFED post: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/2931/prooflr3.jpg">http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/2931/prooflr3.jpg</a><!-- m -->
    ZeX's SPOOFED sig: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/4136/proofkh5.jpg">http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/4136/proofkh5.jpg</a><!-- m -->
    Post before: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/9042/huntigzexcropfz7.png">http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/9042 ... ropfz7.png</a><!-- m -->
    Post after: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/1148/huntigzex2cropyc8.png">http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/1148 ... ropyc8.png</a><!-- m -->
    My post version 3: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4787/huntigzexpost3crophc5.png">http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4787 ... rophc5.png</a><!-- m -->
    And Zex's rebuttal: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5214/huntingzexpost3aftercrorw5.png">http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5214 ... crorw5.png</a><!-- m -->

Current strangeness to solve:
    A chosen mouthpiece?

Beware
    Of entrance to a quarrel; but being in,
    Bear't that the opposed may beware of thee.
    Give every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
    Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgment...
    A Hamlet quote (Act 1 scene 3). As far as I see it, it's how Zex is behaving here - I can't really see more of a clue in it. But I must! [ZEX PUT THIS IN!]

A-ha! Zex's signature is "You will find if you seek.", and, more importantly, in his profile, his MSN is "Rum with O, A name with tea and two chopped off - a pirate word, easy although not in an ocean."
    Someone? On IRC, we were thinking the following: 'rum with an o' could be grog. Pirates + not in an ocean could be software pirates, or just a pirates word like 'landlubber'.

Note. He already updated this. It now says 'White-out, starting nigh. The wise would eye tomorrow.' His profile seems to be changing in interesting ways. Also note the location, 'You will seek if you find.' which is an interesting twist on you will find if you seek. 'White-out' might refer to the blanking of the signatures in this thread as some people noted. Any more ideas to the new MSN adress? Well, lets eye tomorrow, Aug 1 2007...

Tomorrow has come. The location now refers to the Wikipedia article on Herring. The most reasonable explanation seems to be that his msn adress is only a red herring and not important. If that is the case, then I don't know where to search, as this seemed the most direct clue of all.

He has changed his MSN adress once more. Next to the Wikipedia article on herring, it says "...but the bard holds the truth...".

This is old news. Anarion, IIRC, had a PM conversation with'em. Yes, he's alive, but he's acting all [ha!] and refuses to openly say "velieris et capto"
    velieris = hide, fleece, skin
    capto = to grab, to desire, to seek, to seize
    Seems like awfully wrong Latin to me.

To: ZeXLR8er!
    Posted: Fri 06 Jul 2007 13:52:28
    Subject: !!!
    I CAN SEE YOU!!!

To: Grim Reaper
    Posted: Fri 06 Jul 2007 13:59:21
    Subject: Re: !!! Quote message
    Conceal me what I am, and be my aid
    For such disguise as haply shall become
    The form of my intent
    This was a conversation at the start of July. It seems like Zex is would be trying to stay hidden, and ask Grim to perhaps help him in his games. If his disguise is 'the form of his intent', then I'm not sure we will ever solve this.
    Posted: Wed 11 Jul 2007 14:30:30
    Subject: Whatwhatwhat
    Why do you not embrace the glory of the mass?

Posted: Wed 11 Jul 2007 14:39:22
    Subject: Re: Whatwhatwhat Quote message
    That once trod the ways of glory,
    And sounded all the depths and shoals of honor,
    Found thee a way, out of his wreck, to rise in;
    A sure and safe one, though thy master missed it...
    A few days later, Grim spots Zex again. To me, it looks like he just searched Shakespeare texts for the word 'glory'. I can't make much sense of it otherwise. Anonymous says: "The first three lines of the Shakespeare quote might be referring to very active members, and the last one to the absence of Ville most of the time." but to be fair, I don't really see it.
    Posted: Wed 11 Jul 2007 14:50:28
    Subject: Re: Whatwhatwhat
    Could you stop answering me in riddles?

Posted: Wed 11 Jul 2007 16:20:30
    Subject: Re: Whatwhatwhat Quote message
    There is scarce truth enough alive to make societies secure;
    But security enough to make fellowships accurst:
    Much upon this riddle runs the wisdom of the world...
    Same here, just a google on 'shakespeare riddle' perhaps? To be fair, I don't expect much in these three quotes as they were made a lot earlier and perhaps he didn't think of making it a game like he does now. Though I might be wrong.

Maybe we just aren't up to the challenge.
    Maybe. Maybe the challenge is just impossible to solve. Zex, if you keep throwing around red herrings, and don't make ANY further sense, sorry, no. Then no-one is up to the challenge. We're not doing research on the Holy Grail here.

In case you wondered, he actively expects us to play the game. He even changed his sig temporarely (he has deleted it now, it seems) to the spoofed sig pic and a link to this thread. Perhaps this spoof is of importance? Note that he changed that date, too. On a quick Google search, nothing of importance happened that day, except the internet wasn't invented yet. The date might still be important though.

ZeX added that last part. Sheesh, nothing happened that day except for some sport events. Are we to interpret the date otherwise?

The New York Times, April 25, 1901.

MARK TWAIN TO THE CLUB
    Why He Did Not Attend the Dinner of the Get Together Organization No. 3.

Mark Twain had been asked to preside last night at the dinner of the Get Together Club, No. 3, in Arlington Hall, St. Mark's Place. He sent a letter, in which he said:

"I must not venture it, although my sympathies are naturally with you in the work which you are inaugurating. I have temporarily broken myself down with trying to do too many things, and shall try to save what is left of my by going softly for some months to come and limiting my industries to the several engagements to which I am already pledged.
    Interesting article found by Thaif. However, if it is the journal of April 25, it relates a tale of April 24. So I'm not sure this fits. Yet the meaning is interesting, it would mean that Zex is just overworked and hasn't been around for that reason. But I don't really see why he's acting this way, then.

Prodigiosus (although what parts?).
    This was in MK's post, and it seems like Zex's doing. [removed part about biology, I don't know what I was thinking] Prodigious is Latin for marvelous, wonderful, unnatural. So something in that post might be close.

"Anonymous1157" said:
    Maybe he spent the time torturing babies, and he wants to extend that to us.
    The mystery is solved.

Guys, when ZeX changes your post, take note of what he does. It might be important. Murska, you seem to be the mouthpiece (your last post was changed, too). Report any strangeness in this thread, and don't go about editing your posts without thinking.

Watch this space for updates.
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    This is a good reason to say:

WE DID FIND YOU, ZEX! * Zex attacked here*
    #
    Anonymous1157 16 years ago
    I LOVE your desktop's theme. It's so completely awesome. It even pwns the long-lost alternate XP theme (Which I have).

This is old news. Anarion, IIRC, had a PM conversation with'em. Yes, he's alive, but he's acting all [ha!] and refuses to openly say "velieris et capto".

Edit (This time it's actually me): D'OH!
    #
    Anarion 16 years ago
    1. The screenshot was taken by me. That was my desktop

2. The point is we have evidence that Zex is posting and then deleting the posts. Why? Who knows?

Edit: I gotta hand it to you Zex, that was a very clever trick you played with the link in Amarths post and the images in his sig. Very impressive.
    #
    Pete 16 years ago
    You know, if Zex wasnt gone for like one and a half year, but instead only like 3 months, Id be sure its just some cruel joke, but this way, Im not really sure...
    #
    Well, he modifies posts that claim he's around. It MUST be a cruel joke.

(Zex, I'm saving a copy of this post. Don't bother.)
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    Since the month is almost over anyway, I'm replacing my signature. WE'VE FOUND YOU, ZEX!
    #
    speedblade 16 years ago
    *downloads a copy of all pics*

Sweet, Zex is still lurking around.

EDIT: I updated my avatar.

We might be in for more than we can handle.
    #
    Murska 16 years ago
    A chosen mouthpiece?

[list] Beware
    [/list:u]
    #
    Anarion 16 years ago
    "Murska" said:
    A chosen mouthpiece?

[list] Beware
    Still trying to fool us Zex? Well it won't work, you underestimate how far we are willing to take this....
    #
    Murska 16 years ago
    "Murska" said:
    A chosen mouthpiece?

[list] Beware

Sheesh, Zex. (a medieval killer, shaken?)

EDIT: A-ha! Zex's signature is "You will find if you seek.", and, more importantly, in his profile, his MSN is "Rum with O, A name with tea and two chopped off - a pirate word, easy although not in an ocean."

Someone solve us a riddle. (Don't bother, copied and saved post.)
    #
    Pete 16 years ago
    Nice try with editing the threads name.
    #
    speedblade 16 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    This is a good reason to say:

WE DIDN'T FIND YOU, ZEX!

He edited the post without his name popping up in the "Last Edited By". Tricky bugger.

E_net4 coundn't have changed it either... cause neither did his name pop up,

Zex... he lurking in this thread right now...

EDIT: I think he wants us to find him, he's giving us riddles to where he is...

EDIT2: Has anyone ever seen Zex online in the "Members Currently Online" board on the index page of the forums?

Take this as an edited post from Zex or a real one from me, doesn't matter, I still helped to solve this. Yes, I do.
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    "speedblade" said:
    EDIT2: Has anyone ever seen Zex online in the "Members Currently Online" board on the index page of the forums?
    Yes. But he could set himself to appear hidden at any moment, of course. I kind of wonder why he didn't do that before.

EDIT: he did it. No-one else go into hiding mode, please. If he's the only one, we can still track when he's online and when not.
    #
    Murska 16 years ago
    This is becoming seriously weird. I'm some sort of a mouthpiece, it seems, it seems.
    #
    Grim Reaper 16 years ago
    All my pancakes are belong to me.

Also, ZeXLR8er!! seems to have become very silly recently.
    #
    Pete 16 years ago
    Wait wait wait wait. Where is everybodys but mine and Grims signature?

...oh crud.

(Got a copy of this post, btw.)
    #
    They're gone, but only from this thread. That could either be an extremely obscure hint, or he wanted to change the "We found you" into "We lost you", but obviously couldn't because he's just a normal mod.

Zex, if you're reading this (Or editing this if I'm so unfortunate), GIVE US A FREAKING CLEAR HINT!
    #
    Pete 16 years ago
    Well, there is a button that allows you to NOT attach your signature when posting. I guess he just edit-ticked it.
    #
    DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Like, DURRRRR.

DURRR.

Sorry. It's just too obvious. I couldn't help myself.
    #
    Grim Reaper 16 years ago
    My post. It hasn't been modified.

Even though it has.
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    /me notes that, according to GMT, it is August 1st, and we should all keep an eye out.

However, I think I figured out what the first half of the riddle means:
    White-out, starting nigh. The wise would eye tomorrow.
    White-out = The removal of the signatures. Why? I don't know, I really really don't. But it seems to fit.
    #
    Anarion 16 years ago
    Execpt that the signatures were gone before he wrote that.
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    "Anarion" said:
    Execpt that the signatures were gone before he wrote that.
    Hence the "starting nigh" part.
    #
    Murska 16 years ago
    So, we're supposed to figure out meanings in his messages, and that'll lead us to him? It doesn't look like it's succeeding, much. Maybe we just aren't up to the challenge.

Zex'dited post parts in red.

EDIT*2: His profile's got the wikipedia entry for a herring, which leads me to think either he's telling us his clues in there were red herrings or he wants us to think that. Also, around a minute before I started making this post, he checked the forums, probably wanting to see if we had found something or not, seeing as that nothing had changed.
    #
    The first three lines of the Shakespeare quote might be referring to very active members, and the last one to the absence of Ville most of the time.
    #
    ville 16 years ago
    I seem to have forgotten Zex still has mod rights. I'm going to let this game go on, but if he goes out of line, tell me.

And please don't edit this post.
    #
    ... Just as I mention Ville never being here, he pops in.
    #
    Idiota 16 years ago
    Perhaps ZeX is just having heaps of fun sending you people in the wrong direction, seeing as you're taking this all very seriously. If you try hard enough, you can see meaning in everything. Like Ville, I'll just let the game take it's course. I'm not going to interfere by changing things back.
    #
    Tokokamre 16 years ago
    No, really... that guy is making fun of you xD. Well, i think I would have fun in his place too. Having so many people seeking for evidence for his posting... man, he must be very happy. XD

P.S. Idiota, i always (big word... i'm "new" in here >D) wondered... are you from Poland? >D
    #
    Grim Reaper 16 years ago
    "Tokokamre" said:
    No, really... that guy is making fun of you xD. Well, i think I would have fun in his place too. Having so many people seeking for evidence for his posting... man, he must be very happy. XD

P.S. Idiota, i always (big word... i'm "new" in here >D) wondered... are you from Poland? >D
    He is not. Also, >D is not a standard (i.e. intelligible) smileyface. Please refrain from using nonstandard (i.e. unintelligible) smilies.
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    According to Wikipedia, April 25th, 1901 (the date he changed the post to), was the day New York State became the first to require automobile license plates. Perhaps there's something there? Or perhaps not.

I was just thinking about the Shakespeare riddle Anonymous thinks was talking about the active forumers and Ville...
    I actually think this might be referring to Ambot, oddly enough. "That once trod the ways of glory, / And sounded all the depths and shoals of honor," Amarth, "Found thee a way, out of his wreck, to rise in; / A sure and safe one, though thy master missed it..." Amarth, using Ambot, found a "to rise in" to the place of top poster? "A sure and safe one," for it was done in the name of fighting spammers, "though thy master missed it..." Amarth didn't even realize what he was doing, perhaps?

After all, if you look at the word "thee" in there, the text is directed at Ambot, so "thy master" would be Amarth in this case.

Maybe I'm reading into this a little too much, but it suddenly struck me how well this fit.

As for the others:
    Conceal me what I am, and be my aid
    For such disguise as haply shall become
    The form of my intent
    I can only agree with Amarth's analysis. It really sounds like he was, in his way, asking Grim to do something.

There is scarce truth enough alive to make societies secure;
    But security enough to make fellowships accurst:
    Much upon this riddle runs the wisdom of the world...
    Societies know to little about "truth" to "secure" them (against destruction, probably), but there's enough "security" in the world to make "fellowships" (small groups of people, presumably smaller than the aforementioned societies) "accurst", or so secure they cannot effectively be dealt with, so their enemies curse them (or their own actions do so, perhaps). "Much upon this riddle runs the wisdom of the world..." This is the line that makes the least sense, unless it's just taken as-is and not to mean anything else. In which case I don't see the point in telling us this. Unless he's referring to the active posters as a "fellowship", and warning us off scaring everyone away? But that's an awfully roundabout way to do it...

Prodigiosus (although what parts?).
    #
    Idiota 16 years ago
    OT: Me? From Poland? x_X (Yes, that is a non-standard forum smiley for you, Grim) Must I feel flattered or scared? Nah, I'm Dutch. I got people asking me if I was Spanish, Italian, or Portugese, but never Polish...
    #
    Grim Reaper 16 years ago
    [OT]
    "Idiota" said:
    x_X (Yes, that is a non-standard forum smiley for you, Grim)
    Nope, that is well within the standards. [/OT]

[Apology] To all whom it may concern (i.e. the "newbies", or "New Forumers"), I am insane. Also, I'm currently suffering from slight existential angst. Please do not be intimidated by my presence or actions (unless you really, really, REALLY want to). [/Apology]
    #
    Thaif 16 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    But that's an awfully roundabout way to do it...
    Though a perfectly reasonable one. Now I don't know "Zex" as well as the Elders on this Forum, but it's fun to try and figure out these riddles.

For instance: "Conceal me what I am, and be my aid" sounds to me like: Be a pal and don't let the others know I'm here.

"For such disguise as haply shall become the form of my intent" In turn sounds like: I'll express my view/message in this way for fun/spur of the moment.
    #
    Forum » COME OUT OF HIDING, ZEXLR8ER
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: