Register
Email: Password:
Forum » COME OUT OF HIDING, ZEXLR8ER
  • « previous
  • » next
  • COME OUT OF HIDING, ZEXLR8ER

Amarth 16 years ago
    Which is exactly the way Shakespeare intended them to be.

Kinda sad (although perfectly reasonable) that we are considering Shakespeare texts to be riddles.
    #
    Thaif 16 years ago
    They are to me...well partly, because: I never read the buggers work.

Editz:

The New York Times, April 25, 1901.

MARK TWAIN TO THE CLUB
    Why He Did Not Attend the Dinner of the Get Together Organization No. 3.

Mark Twain had been asked to preside last night at the dinner of the Get Together Club, No. 3, in Arlington Hall, St. Mark's Place. He sent a letter, in which he said:

"I must not venture it, although my sympathies are naturally with you in the work which you are inaugurating. I have temporarily broken myself down with trying to do too many things, and shall try to save what is left of my by going softly for some months to come and limiting my industries to the several engagements to which I am already pledged.

There is more to it but this is the part that seemed somewhat interesting. Dunno if this is related to the Date given, but it could fit...

It could indeed.
    #
    Murska 16 years ago
    "Thaif" said:
    "MageKing17" said:
    But that's an awfully roundabout way to do it...
    Though a perfectly reasonable one. Now I don't know "Zex" as well as the Elders on this Forum, but it's fun to try and figure out these riddles.

Whoa, that must be the first time EVER I've been, even indirectly, referred to as an Elder.
    #
    Anonymous1157 16 years ago
    I didn't even join half as early as some of you guys and I think he might have meant me.

Edit: Wuh-oh. "It could indeed" says the end of Thaif's post. Methinks Zex added it, since I don't recall it being there.
    #
    Thaif 16 years ago
    The sly bugger did indeed ad it there. I feel an inresistable urge to boast...I SHALL RESIST.

Not.

To: Thaif
    Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:47 pm
    Subject: ... Quote message
    No cryptic wording here. I am very, very impressed.

That went better than I expected.
    #
    What did YOU say?
    #
    Thaif 16 years ago
    As am I of your masterful Shakespearean & other cryptic/riddlesome(Is that a word...?) messages and whatnot.

And thank you for the compliment. And a grand show indeed, "old" cap! I raise my hat fer ya.

That.
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    So if we are to take this to be what the date is referring to...
    I must not venture it, although my sympathies are naturally with you in the work which you are inaugurating. I have temporarily broken myself down with trying to do too many things, and shall try to save what is left of my by going softly for some months to come and limiting my industries to the several engagements to which I am already pledged.
    ...then it seems he's simply saying he's busy trying to do too many things to rejoin the full community.

But if that's true, why is he spending time with these riddles? @_@
    #
    Maybe he spent the time torturing babies, and he wants to extend that to us.

AAA! MY BRAIN IS MELTING! There. Happy, Zex? Now then, EXPLAIN YOURSELF!
    #
    Murska 16 years ago
    Perhaps we would next need to find out the bard he's referring to. Or just give up and do something while he gets bored with the riddles.
    #
    Madgamer 16 years ago
    It seems that we have our annual meeting of Salem Manhunt. And apparently it's a guy I don't really know about, hmmm...

Of course ONE of us could be the culprit here, like Murska over there.

"If he drowns, it's innocent, but if he floats, give 'im hell." I love those mobs... so innocent and peaceful looking.

I've been out of town for quite a while it seems. Guess I'll shine my M72 and put on my Advanced Power Armor Suit MK II.
    #
    Grim Reaper 16 years ago
    Zex seems to have changed his nickname from ZeXLR8er!! to ZeXLR8er!
    #
    Murska 16 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    Zex seems to have changed his nickname from ZeXLR8er!! to ZeXLR8er!

Probably done that while editing his profile.
    #
    Narvius 16 years ago
    Wow.
    #
    Idiota 16 years ago
    congrats. Now, was this worth all the fuss? :/
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    "Idiota" said:
    congrats. Now, was this worth all the fuss? :/
    What are you going on about? The story is only partly complete.

*mumblemumble* drunk bastard *mumble*
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    "Murska" said:
    Perhaps we would next need to find out the bard he's referring to. Or just give up and do something while he gets bored with the riddles.
    "The Bard" is a common nickname for William Shakespeare.
    #
    Murska 16 years ago
    Oh. So which of his riddles we have not figured out?
    #
    speedblade 16 years ago
    "speedblade" said:
    "E_net4" said:
    This is a good reason to say:

WE DIDN'T FIND YOU, ZEX!

He edited the post without his name popping up in the "Last Edited By". Tricky bugger.

E_net4 coundn't have changed it either... cause neither did his name pop up,

Zex... he lurking in this thread right now...

EDIT: I think he wants us to find him, he's giving us riddles to where he is...

EDIT2: Has anyone ever seen Zex online in the "Members Currently Online" board on the index page of the forums?

Take this as an edited post from Zex or a real one from me, doesn't matter, I still helped to solve this. Yes, I do.

I never put that "Yes, I do." in the end of the post... I think he was reffering to my first edit of the post...

Is the mere fact of the misplacement of the phrase proof of the existance of the limits of his modderating powers?
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    No, he can edit it just like you can. I can't think of a reason for such misplacement other than to say I don't think it has any importance whatsoever.
    #
    The Gemini 16 years ago
    Zex, here? Wow, I've missed much in my absence.
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    I noticed Zex' edit on my post. It was now correctly marked.
    #
    Crazy 16 years ago
    Well, i read the first post.

Fuck your games, ZeX, i'm going to sleep.

PS. You eventually didn't finish Wazzal 2 after all.
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    Rofl, who didn't? XD
    #
    Grim Reaper 16 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    Rofl, who didn't? XD
    Zex.
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    "E_net4" said:
    Rofl, who didn't? XD
    Zex.
    Then I lol at him.
    #
    Murska 16 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    "E_net4" said:
    Rofl, who didn't? XD
    Zex.
    Then I lol at him.

For what reason? I don't get the funny thing.
    #
    Anarion 16 years ago
    He's just pointing out the fact that everyone who's attempted to work on Wazzal 2 has given up. I fail to see whats funny about that tho.
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    "Amarth" said:
    Current strangeness to solve:
    I'm taking another shot at some of this.It's not as if I'm obsessed

"Amarth" said:
    A chosen mouthpiece?

Beware
    Of entrance to a quarrel; but being in,
    Bear't that the opposed may beware of thee.
    Give every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
    Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgment...
    A Hamlet quote (Act 1 scene 3). As far as I see it, it's how Zex is behaving here - I can't really see more of a clue in it. But I must! [ZEX PUT THIS IN!]
    It's true that the first three lines match quite well with ZeX's behavior. However, the last line doesn't seem to fit as well... perhaps the clue lies there?He's mad ! Mad I tell you !

"Amarth" said:
    "I must not venture it, although my sympathies are naturally with you in the work which you are inaugurating. I have temporarily broken myself down with trying to do too many things, and shall try to save what is left of my by going softly for some months to come and limiting my industries to the several engagements to which I am already pledged.
    "...the work which you are inaugurating..." Cormoon?

"Amarth" said:
    Prodigiosus (although what parts?).
    This was in MK's post, and it seems like Zex's doing. [...] Prodigious is Latin for marvelous, wonderful, unnatural. So something in that post might be close.
    Yes, I wonder which parts he was referring to. I think maybe we should take a further look at my analysis to see what I might've missed the first time around...

Alternatively, he might've spelled it that way intentionally, in which case he could've been referring to Cephalotes Prodigiosus, or Micrococcus prodigiosus (a.k.a. Serratia marcescens, of some small import in the subject of accusations against Jews regarding host dessecration, according to Wikipedia), or even Bacillus Prodigiosus. If it were any of those, which I doubt, it would probably be the middle one. But I highly doubt he was intentionally referring to it and instead just misspelled prodigious.

"Amarth" said:
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    Maybe he spent the time torturing babies, and he wants to extend that to us.
    The mystery is solved.
    XD

Just thinking out loud, I guess. I may be going over my previous analytical post to see what ZeX may have been referring to.
    #
    ahrenjb 16 years ago
    Zex is a myth. Everyone know he doesn't really exist. Like pixies, black mesa research facility, and global warming.
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    "ahrenjb" said:
    Zex is a myth. Everyone know he doesn't really exist. Like pixies, black mesa research facility, and global warming.
    If he were a myth, he would never be a moderator. -.-
    #
    Pete 16 years ago
    Um, you werent arond when he was just another moderator, or was that a joke?
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    "Pete" said:
    Um, you werent arond when he was just another moderator, or was that a joke?
    Huh,... Oh, I left my toast on the toaster!
    *goes fetch toast*
    #
    Murska 16 years ago
    And that's that.
    #
    Crazy 16 years ago
    Good riddens.
    #
    Forum » COME OUT OF HIDING, ZEXLR8ER
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email: