Register
Email: Password:
Forum » The Oath
  • « previous
  • » next
  • The Oath

themados 16 years ago
    this had better be in production still you made an oath and i really want to play more
    #
    Admiral 16 years ago
    Definitly still in production! I will certainly continue with this mod during the next Uni break. Until then, i'm afaid I'm just too busy with project work. Any and all donations of graphics/plot elements are very welcome and appreciated,

Admiral
    #
    themados 16 years ago
    boo ya still in production i'l love it
    #
    Admiral 15 years ago
    Right! Due to encroaching exams & coursework submission dates; I'll have some time off in (about) a month. I have been extremly busy of late but I have had a chance to think the plot through a bit and plan for a few things.

P.S. has anyone had boats (Or a vehical which can only travel across a certain terrain) in a mod up to now? And I've thought a bit more about the other races... (although suggestions are welcome i am considering the following) 'elf' (Stronger magic, weaker health) , 'goblin' (natural 'fireball' ability but NO other magical skill), 'troll' (Strong physically, NO magic, Strong health) I have a few others floating around in my head but... i'm working out the details between lectures, tutorials & labs...

I swear! I will at least get a framework for this mod done within... 3? months.

Admiral
    #
    Aegis 15 years ago
    "Admiral" said:
    P.S. has anyone had boats (Or a vehical which can only travel across a certain terrain) in a mod up to now?
    No. But you could make one if you mess around with condition number 17.
    #
    Admiral 15 years ago
    Hiya guys, came across a slight problem... does anyone know if it's possible to check if the player has a certain item in a different inventory...

My problem: I want a Buy/Sell feature in my game... sell can't check if the player has the item being sold before it removes it from the inventory and gives the player money (so what happens is the player gets free money) Buy doesn't work for the same reason... can't check for money...(Condition 0 doesn't work since it only checks the current inventory (the sell inventory))

New beta!:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/153391029/eTernAl.zip.html

Screens:
    [attachment=1]<!-- ia1 -->Screen.jpg<!-- ia1 -->[/attachment]

My Merchant (the shop):
    [attachment=0]<!-- ia0 -->Merchant.jpg<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment]

Busy with Uni but still determined!
    Yours,
    Admiral
    #
    Acron 15 years ago
    I'll try to make some graphics for you, 'cause i know Pixel Art and have Photoshop, so just tell me what it should be ? And some suggestions:

1. 'Fire Spell' isn't much original name, I'd recommend you someting like 'Fire Blast' or 'Fire Missile'.
    2. On that screen, where you're choosing 'job', that help screen on the right should be rewritten to something more close to the age in this mod.
    3. In original Notrium, there IS a golem, so why you used the brown aliens (Again, I don't have anything against it and don't want to insult you or something)? Maybe you just disliked him ?
    4. I understand that it's in very early stage, and maybe you planned to add this later. Anyways, Good Luck and hope it will success in a great mod !
    #
    Admiral 15 years ago
    "Acron" said:
    1. 'Fire Spell' isn't much original name, I'd recommend you someting like 'Fire Blast' or 'Fire Missile'.
    Hmm... i'm planning at least 3 levels of 'spell' but i'll probably come up with a name later on... your suggestions have been written down, thanks!

"Acron" said:
    2. On that screen, where you're choosing 'job', that help screen on the right should be rewritten to something more close to the age in this mod.
    As far as i know that's written into the Notrium engine... I don't think I can change it...

"Acron" said:
    3. In original Notrium, there IS a golem, so why you used the brown aliens (Again, I don't have anything against it and don't want to insult you or something)? Maybe you just disliked him ?
    The quad-colour Brown Aliens are stand ins for the Summons... the Golem (sprite?) is used by the Alchemist... it's accually used for the Clay Golem and the Gemini Golem...

"Acron" said:
    4. I understand that it's in very early stage, and maybe you planned to add this later. Anyways, Good Luck and hope it will success in a great mod !
    Very early stage... it still has no plot...

Thanks Acron!

Admiral

P.S. ANY suggestions for anything really, plot, objects, player races... all VERY welcome and much appreciated.

P.P.S. The shop buy/sell issue has been sorted, thanks!
    #
    Acron 15 years ago
    Okay, I'm up to it. Gotta' make the damn gfx already so, what it should be ?
    I wondered about changing Marine's color profile and adding him hair and a cape, to make him look like an real medieval merchant .
    #
    Forum » The Oath
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: