Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Nomic
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Nomic

Amarth 16 years ago
    Overview of this turn. Note the "problem" at the dice rolls for MK... I'm only following the rules.

Accepted proposals:
    MageKing17: I propose that we modify rule 4.1 as discussed at one point in IRC. Instead of reading "50% of all players", it instead read "50% of all players with HP greater than 0", so that players whose votes cannot count anyway do not influence the number of votes necessary to pass a proposal.
    Passed with 4-0.

Amarth: The same for players not in vacation mode.
    Passed with 3-0.

Dice rolls:
    MageKing17: 4 * 120% = 4
    Murska: 1 * 60% = 0
    Grim Reaper: 1
    Amarth: 4 * 85% = 3

I have most points. I give 3 to Murska, 1 to Grim and 1 to Idiota.

Updating first post. Next turn at 00:01 GMT.
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    Hmm. Is that really a problem, though? I mean, it would only have increased my points if I'd rolled a five or a six, and I only got 120% because I got a passed proposal, right? So the circumstances are rare at best, and giving a one-point bonus to someone in that position hardly seems broken.
    #
    Amarth 16 years ago
    Nah, it's not really a problem. In fact, I've been thinking to remove the HP upper limit, but I've got a more important proposal to make first...

I propose that everyone who hasn't made a proposal for two consecutive turns (periods in vacation mode not counted) gets penalized 50HP.

Yes, that'd mean it's worse to abstain from making a proposal that making a proposal that is sure to fail. Simply because the game is far too silent.
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    Too silent, eh?

Well then, I propose that Grim_Reaper, Murska, and MageKing17 win the game, and everyone else loses and the game is over.
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    Hmm, too bad I can't vote right now... change it to "Everyone wins/loses and the game is over." or else I'll vote No as soon as possible.
    #
    Murska 16 years ago
    I propose in the future, if there is such a thing for this, a player in vacation mode cannot end his vacation mode in the middle of the turn, but should do so in the time between turns. This to prevent people abusing it to shield themselves as long as possible.
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    Proposal modified to include "and the game is over".
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    You still have 3 hours and 19 minutes to change your proposal. Change or I'll do it!
    #
    Murska 15 years ago
    I vote yes on MK's proposal. Now it can't be changed. Do your worst!
    #
    Grim Reaper 15 years ago
    I vote YES on MageKing17's proposal.
    #
    E_net4 15 years ago
    ...NO on that!
    #
    Idiota 15 years ago
    Nay I say
    #
    MageKing17 15 years ago
    I attack E_net4 for 5 points (25 HP).
    #
    E_net4 15 years ago
    I heal myself with 1 point (5HP).
    #
    Grim Reaper 15 years ago
    I attack E_net4 for 1 point (5 hp).
    #
    Murska 15 years ago
    I attack E for 3 points. (-15hp)

EDIT: I attack E with 3 more points, (-15hp), which means I have now used all of my 6 points on it.
    #
    Amarth 15 years ago
    Bwahaha. Pathetic.

I vote YES on MKs proposal.
    #
    MageKing17 15 years ago
    I like your style.
    #
    Murska 15 years ago
    Even though you cannot vote.
    #
    Amarth 15 years ago
    "Murska" said:
    Even though you cannot vote.
    Seems like I was a tadbit tired that day. I even bothered checking the time, thinking "oooh, still the third, I can still vote".

I can't be bothered to count. Grim, Murska and MK win.
    #
    E_net4 15 years ago
    Shall we end the game right now? There's nothing else to be done.
    #
    Murska 15 years ago
    Well, according to the proposal, it kinda ended already. Unless Amarth for some unfathomable reason WANTS to do all the stuff before our proposal is made into a rule.
    #
    MageKing17 15 years ago
    Well, that was fun.

Shall we have a play-by-play account of how things went or should we just start discussing how we should handle the next game?

My only suggestion at the moment is that it have a seperate thread.
    #
    Amarth 15 years ago
    My only suggestion is that someone else hosts it.
    #
    E_net4 15 years ago
    And I suggest we do the WW game before that.
    Although there are things to be finished before the start (storyline and other resources)...
    #
    MageKing17 15 years ago
    Start Nomic with Werewolf-style rules?
    #
    E_net4 15 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    I didn't mean that.
    #
    Murska 15 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    "MageKing17" said:
    I didn't mean that.

And? MK suggested that.
    #
    Amarth 15 years ago
    You cannot have hidden information in Nomic, unless the moderator does not play. And creating new rules by voting is not going to end well for a minority group like the wolves... "I propose all wolves die right now" and similar proposals.
    #
    E_net4 15 years ago
    "Amarth" said:
    You cannot have hidden information in Nomic, unless the moderator does not play. And creating new rules by voting is not going to end well for a minority group like the wolves... "I propose all wolves die right now" and similar proposals.
    That would be so hilarious though.
    Also, there could be a rule that says: "There has to be at least 1 wolf and 1 villager(or allied to the villager) that vote yes on a proposal".
    #
    Murska 15 years ago
    Then wolves could keep any proposal they wanted from happening.
    #
    Amarth 15 years ago
    "Murska" said:
    Which is kind of the point.
    #
    Murska 15 years ago
    "Amarth" said:
    "Murska" said:
    Which is kind of the point.

So why just not make a normal WW... Besides, that'd mean if say, 3 people voted on a proposal and it passed, everyone'd know that one of the 3 is a wolf. Also, how'd a wolf cupided to a villager be handled?
    #
    Forum » Nomic
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: