Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Computer Problem (featuring BSOD) *SOLVED*

Computer Problem (featuring BSOD) *SOLVED*

E_net4 16 years ago
I had problems with my comp. It had been some time since I had this, around the first days of February. Here are the "symptons":

- Fatal Error in ATKKBService.exe some seconds after loading Windows.
- BSOD when loading a game on fullscreen with 1024*768 or 1280*1024 resolutions.*
- BSOD when playing a high-resolution video or when playing/rendering any video on NeroVision 4. *
- The appearance of the Windows update icon (as if an attempt to update Windows) at the system tray, which disappears after some time, without doing/completing the process.

*This can be avoided if I load the game/play the vid quickly after starting the session

Extra information:
- There are no problems when loading Windows on safe mode. It is impossible to test the games, but I can play any video.
- BSOD Error: IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
- Technical information: *** STOP:0x0000000A (0x00000016, 0x0000001C, 0x00000000, 0x804E1745)

PROBLEM SOLVED!
I found the solution around the nVidia forums. I reinstalled ASUS GamerOSD and ATTKBService.exe stopped crashing. Practically all symptons were gone as well.
#
MageKing17 16 years ago
"E_net4" said:
- Fatal Error in ATKKBService.exe some seconds after loading Windows.
"The Internets" said:
atkkbservice.exe is a process installed alongside ASUS Keyboards and provides additional configuration options for these devices. This program is a non-essential process, but should not be terminated unless suspected to be causing problems.
#
Amarth 16 years ago
Problems in all those things which don't seem very associated might be an indication of bad hardware. Could be memory, power supply, motherboard, CPU, ...

Though then, it might be drivers. But I can't really think of a driver that interacts with keyboard, display and windows update. Or some other sort of softwarething that could cause all these problems.

Well, except for "Windows", but I kinda guess that's not an answer.
#
E_net4 16 years ago
I'm going to add some extra info now.
#
Amarth 16 years ago
I had that for a while some months ago. Changing the motherboard fixed it. Of course, that also involved reinstalling Windows (smug remark: Windows can't handle motherboard change (reboots while still booting), Linux doesn't even mention it) and I put in another video card at the same time, so I'm not sure what exactly was the problem of the error. But since I had to do these three anyway at some point, I figured that was a good time.
#
Grim Reaper 16 years ago
"Amarth" said:
Of course, that also involved reinstalling Windows (smug remark: Windows can't handle motherboard change (reboots while still booting), Linux doesn't even mention it)
Question: Do you think that booting up from the Windoze CD and choosing "Repair" would be sufficient in making the windoze work with the new mobo without reinstalling?
#
Amarth 16 years ago
There is some guide on the web on how to do it without a completely new install, google it. Personally, I couldn't be bothered.
#
E_net4 16 years ago
Mission Accomplished. This bug was solved. More details above.
#
Forum » Computer Problem (featuring BSOD) *SOLVED*

Your email:
Your name: