Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Help the Newbie Modder!?!

Help the Newbie Modder!?!

Joriko 16 years ago
I've been pouring through the files and the editor is simple. What eludes me is adding new characters. What i'm going for is making my own mod for my personal use, but I want to have survivors that say something and join your team like in the Werivar Mod. Can someone tell me how it's done...
#
Aegis 16 years ago
Simply:
1. Copy a creature like the marine.
2. Put it to the end of the file.
3. Change it's identifier so that it's in order.
4. Then add a timed block using condition 15, effect number 47, and effect number 22.
5. Set effect numbers 22's time parameter to -1.
6. Place in editor.
#
Joriko 16 years ago
Then add a timed block

In the character file there is are two lines that read begin_time_block and end_time_block. How to I set up a time block?
#
Aegis 16 years ago
Scroll allll the way to the bottom of the creatures file and you'll see some example blocks. Here's some of the stuff you'll want. You'll have to change the parameters though:

begin_timed_block
300;//interval in milliseconds - The interval in which it repeats, 300 is a nice number
begin_conditions;
15;//condition number - The distance the player has to be before they start their stuff
???.000000;//condition parameter0
0.000000;//condition parameter1
end_conditions;
begin_effects;
47;//effect number -say stuff
???.000000;//parameter1 - the dialog in which to say (see dialog file)
0.000000;//parameter2
0.000000;//parameter3
0.000000;//parameter4
22;//effect number -Change side effect number
???.000000;//parameter1 -which side do you want? The human is side 0 by default.
-1.000000;//parameter2 -how long should it be this side for? (-1 is forever)
???.000000;//parameter3 -any special effects wanted from weapons? Set to -1 for none.
0.000000;//parameter4
end_effects;
end_timed_block

Avoid doubling up on "begin" and "end" lines. It happens!
#
Joriko 16 years ago
Alright, I finished the cript linked it to my dialog script and started the game. When I tried to open the editor, it crashed. I doubled checked it for errors, couldn't find any what's wrong?

begin_timed_block
300;//interval in milliseconds - The interval in which it repeats, 300 is a nice number
begin_conditions;
15;//condition number - The distance the player has to be before they start their stuff
???.000000;//condition parameter0

See the first questipon marks? What do I put there?
#
Aegis 16 years ago
The error is the question marks! Check the file named "notes" and you'll see that parameter 0 for condition 15 is the distance in pixels the player has to be before they start talking and going to your team. The question marks could be around 100, but if you find that you needa stand too close the the creature you could always make it higher.
#
Joriko 16 years ago
I got it working. Thanks.
#
Forum » Help the Newbie Modder!?!

Your email:
Your name: