Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Zombie Mod

Zombie Mod

SmokinBaraka 16 years ago
Hey im new to notrium and everything here, i got notrium off a friend about a week ago, finished it with 2 endings as human(on easy) so far, as soon as i heard you could mod this i thought i'd check it out, it seemed simple enough so ive decided to try and make a zombie mod, which involves totally re making notrium with all new pretty much everything, i hope to set it in a town where you have to combine things and survive teh zombie outbreak,

so was just wondering if a zombie type thing has been done before?

PS: im completely new to modding and kinda suck at drawing stuff on the computer, other than that im a fast learner so hope to pick up on scripting pretty fast, currently working on new weapons for notrium as a start
#
MageKing17 16 years ago
"SmokinBaraka" said:
so was just wondering if a zombie type thing has been done before?
Short answer: No.
Long answer: As less than a dozen mods have actually been made, you can pretty much bet that anything you come up with hasn't been done yet.
#
themados 15 years ago
i know one of the coolest games in the world and people just give up i have tried to mode notrium and i nearly gave my self a concussion when i tried to read the script and ended up completely destroying my version
#
SmokinBaraka 15 years ago
i have now found out that im hopeless at drawing in gimp, if anybody is interested in drawing stuff for me plz pm me
#
exiled 15 years ago
If your still making the mod i was goofing around about 5 minutes ago and made a zombie out of a marine simply by inverting the colors using ms paint
#
doesn't look like a zombie, thx for the thought tho.
cause for my zobmie mod i was pretty much gonna get all new textures (as in hopefully none of the same textures)
so it hopefully will be a total conversion i think its called?
#
exiled 15 years ago
ah...that im afraid,my good man,I can't help you with.
#
Amarth 15 years ago
As for drawing textures, I'm fairly sure that the majority of textures used in Notrium are top-down renderings of 3D models. Also, personally, I find that to be an easier way of creating sprites.
#
info?, tuts?, programs required?,
i need as much info on creating good quality stuff, although i still havnt really started making this mod, i want to know best things to do and wat to do and how to do them etc so i dont end up changing the style of making textures and wat not half way through.

i like to find out all i can before i start the main job.
#
Amarth 15 years ago
"SmokinBaraka" said:
info?, tuts?, programs required?
Here.

Perhaps also here.
#
i think i'll just stick to drawing stuff in gimp, doesn't bother me if it doesn't look as good as notrium's textures,
#
JDIZZLE 15 years ago
Hey, if your still making this mod i could help you out with some texture stuff and scripting cause zombies are awesome and i could see this mod being pretty cool!
#
KArthur90 15 years ago
IDK if you are still working on this mod, but if you are, I'm sure Notrium will be populated by the best z mods ever.
If not, are you willing to join our project?
#
Forum » Zombie Mod

Your email:
Your name: