Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Wanting to change the VC stun lazer.

Wanting to change the VC stun lazer.

Fredginator 15 years ago
I'm starting to get more than just a little annoyed at the damage the VS stun laser does. It might not do much damage with just one "zap" but when you are hit back from the beam then it zaps you multiple times with one shot. I've been killed several times with one or two shots, disregarding race and power armor.

So, I was going to change the weapon so that it doesn't do any damage, if that's possible, so I came here to ask for some help. I found the VS stun laser in the weapons.dat file, but there are only a bunch of silly parameter lines which I don't know what they do. So please, tell me what I should change .
#
JDIZZLE 15 years ago
I'm also a newbie but you should just read the effect numbers in the VC taser part of the weapons.dat file. Then read the modding FAQ and go to the effects part. See what those effects do. One of them (i can't remember which) is something like creatures bar parameter1 = parameter2. So when your hit the game sees how much to add/subtract in the .dat file from the bar selected(the health bar in this case). If Parameter2 is negative then it will subtract that bar. Basically all you do is make the negative number in the VC tazer part of weapon.dat's Parameter2 = 0 or even a positive number to heal you when you get shot! If you have more questions PM me cause i might not be the best explainer but i know what your talking about. Peace.
#
Fredginator 15 years ago
Right, thanks mate. Got it working, VC stun laser no longer does damage, just a nasty stun when I get hit.
#
JDIZZLE 15 years ago
Cool, are you thinking about getting into modding or did you just want to change one thing?
#
Fredginator 15 years ago
nah, just wanting to change this one thing. I thought I might want to check things out here if people have been making any cool mods. Some nice ideas have been circling around.
#
JDIZZLE 15 years ago
Yea a lot of good ideas and bits of code roam the forums but 80% of mods die uncomplete and are lost forever which kinda sucks. But Notrium, if modded by a dedicated person is simple and can yeild some fun results.
#
Forum » Wanting to change the VC stun lazer.

Your email:
Your name: