Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Lockerz?

Lockerz?

ahrenjb 14 years ago
Disclaimer: Ban happy mods need not read the rest of this post. I'm not spamming or advertising, only legitimately trying to A: spread something good around, and B: use you all as a resource

A friend of mine informed me of a site called Lockerz, another one of those "points and rewards program" sites, which we can all agree are generally scams or you end up spending more money completing offers than the prize is worth anyway. This is a bit different though. First of all, it appears to have some sort of community centric framework. It doesn't seem very complete at this point though. Second, it's currently invite only, would seem counter-productive to our average scam site. Finally, I haven't found any trace of offers to complete, they haven't asked for my credit card number, and I haven't been spammed with emails.

So, I had him shoot me an invite. I signed up and discovered the first of the 3 existing ways to earn points. A mini game where you catch falling icons. I scored 18. Another way is my answering something called "dailies". I have not explored this yet. Finally, you can earn points by inviting people. 2 points per invite, 4 if you've invited over 20.

Looking at those figures you'd think the prizes have some absurd point cost, or at least I did. So I went to investigate. Here's a couple for reference. Wii System, 240 points. 360 game, 60 points. Seems reasonable enough, considering I've already got 20. I did notice one thing however. ALL physical prizes (games, electronics, etc) were fresh out. I had to run this by my buddy as he was convinced it was legit. Turns out, the online community he learned about it from went so point/prize happy that they literally ran the entire stock out. He was able to provide photographic proof that they do, indeed, deliver. So now I'm hooked. Of course it still seems like one of those "too good to be true" deals, I've got to satisfy my curiosity. The site is very well done, I've been provided with pretty compelling evidence of legitimacy, and according to the site new stock will arrive on the 14th. Just enough time for me to accumulate some wealth.

So, what I am proposing is an opportunity. If any of you are interested, just PM your email to me, or if just post in this thread if you want, and I'll send you an invite. It benefits me, and you get in on something interesting. If some mod is vehemently opposed to this thread you can delete it, just don't ban me damnit.
#
Idiota 14 years ago
I see enough oppertunity for discussion to leave this topic alive.
#
Grim Reaper 14 years ago
This sounds very interesting. You should've prolly add the site's URL (I'm guessing http://www.lockerz.com), and possibly that of a page where one can view all the fantabulous prizes that can be won (assuming one is available for the general public).

Here's to hoping they'll ship to Finland! *pm's*
#
ahrenjb 14 years ago
Invite sent, and I see you've already accepted. Let's milk this for all it's worth.
#
Grim Reaper 14 years ago
Just reminding people that having joined up, I can also be contacted for invites.
#
Amarth 14 years ago
Let me know when you have actually received an item of theirs.
#
Anonymous1157 14 years ago
I second Amarth's comment. These sorts of "too good to be true" things tend not to actually work, but if this is the only one that does, I'll want to know.
#
varsi 14 years ago
I'd say it's a cheating site. Friend of mine saved enough point to order a Nintendo Wii but it's been like 2 months from now.
They said something like it's out of the stock and they gonna send it as soon as they get a new shipment.. Yeah right, well at least they send him a t-shirt like it's going to prove something.

I've seen vids on YouTube where random people show stuff they've gotten from Lockerz but I guess they're just randomly, very rarely sending stuff to people to keep the users on the site.

I had an account for few days but just like Anon said, it sounds too good to be true so I did some random googling and I'm pretty sure you won't get anything except a t-shirt or some useless cr*p.
#
Forum » Lockerz?

Your email:
Your name: