This is 2011, and a group of people made themselves volunteers for testing a brand new VR system. The group is met at the outskirts of the Monkkönen Labs.
As they went through the automatic doors, a loud computer-generated voice was heard:
“Hello. Welcome to the Monkkönen Labs. The test chamber is at the second door on your left.”
- Heck, that voice gives me the creeps. – Anarion said.
- Who gives? Let’s go! – Murska replied.
They eagerly went to the new room. It was smaller than they thought. Fixed plastic seats in a row on the left and a computer set with a huge flat screen and a large keyboard on the right. There was also a small cubiculum, sitting on the corner. Its door had a sign: “Entering will cause undesirable consequences.”
A man entered the room through a second door, opposite to the one they just went through. The group soon realized that he was a scientist by looking at his “Monkkönen labs” coat. He briefly introduced himself:
- Hello. – He said. – I suppose you’re the test subjects I was looking for. I am Hank, Dr. Mock Hank. I am the supervisor of this new project, therefore making sure of every single issue. I am very keen to introduce you to this wonderful system. Here’s how it works… Huh, wait a minute. First I need to check your names, so as to set up your computer ID’s. Here they are:
() 1- Amarth
() 2- Murska
() 3- Narvius
() 4- MageKing17
() 5- Zankman
() 6- Anarion
() 7- Grim Reaper
() 8- Idiota
() 9- Pete
- This Virtual Reality Environment system is a beta version, which means there are some features to be developed. In fact, we haven’t found a name for it yet. Hopefully, we may find one after the test. It is also vital for you to know that although this system has approved itself to be safe I must warn you that coming back to the real world has turned people insane. – Dr. Hank continued.
A significant part of the group went nervous and scared, although some people were actually very excited.
- Still, I don’t want you to be afraid right now. It’s time to explain you the workings:
“As you go to our virtual environment, you will acquire a different personality. Here is the list of patterns that you may turn to:”
- Individual (Villager)
- Murderer (Werewolf)
- Hacker (Seer)
- Connector (Cupid)
- Blocker (Guardian)
- Fighter (Crazy War Veteran)
- Decoder (Aer)
“You will quickly obtain and know how to use your perks.”
Dr. Hank went to the computer and input a few commands on the keyboard: “There, the program is now loading. I must now tell you about your goals: Your objective is to survive as a group. There will be a few murderers that will attempt to take you off the system at night, whereas you’ll be safe in the day time. Remember to use your grey matter if you want to succeed.”
The computer beeped and the screen flashed with a warning: “Process completed. Awaiting subjects…”
“It is time! Quick!” – The doctor opened the cubiculum. – “You’ll be entering one at a time! Subject number 1!”
Amarth entered the small area and the doctor closed the door. Warp sounds were heard from the cubiculum and nothing else was seen but a flash after 5 seconds.
“Number 2!” – Dr. Hank proceeds.
And later, everyone was now in a revolution that would possibly change the world.
“Good luck out there. You’ll need it… Hmm, did I miss something?”
You will now receive the PMs, (which have been successfully sent) but make sure you read the whole story first. Murderers, vote on your victim. Blocker, choose a person to protect. Connector, choose two targets this night or there won’t be any link. As for the Hacker, you may choose your target as well. It is night. Next morning will come next Monday the 15th, at night.