Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Werewolf Ep. 7 - The Monk of VR
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Werewolf Ep. 7 - The Monk of VR

MageKing17 14 years ago
    "Pete" said:
    Y kno, technically, according to that logic you're one of the prime suspects. Just sayin.
    Naturally. While I may know that I'm innocent, nobody else can possibly know that for sure (the Hacker being dead, and me not being linked with anyone).

Speaking of being linked, unless our Connector decided not to link anyone this game (a distinct possibility, given the havoc having been wreaked by linked pairs in the past), we have a linked pair to contend with. With pretty good odds that one (or both, although the odds against that are astronomical) of the Murderers is linked to someone else. Not terribly great odds, but it is a possibility that can't be ignored.
    #
    Anarion 14 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    While it's possible Anarion revealed himself to a non-Murderer he scanned the first night,
    Actually, the first person I scanned turned out to be a murderer. So again....dammit.
    #
    MageKing17 14 years ago
    "Anarion" said:
    "MageKing17" said:
    While it's possible Anarion revealed himself to a non-Murderer he scanned the first night,
    Actually, the first person I scanned turned out to be a murderer. So again....dammit.
    Whoa now, no game-related conversation from beyond the grave.
    #
    Amarth 14 years ago
    Okay, so from now on it's basically all guesswork. The only distinct chance we have at discovering some information we can be sure about is if the blocker manages to avert a night strike, thereby confirming the identity of someone innocent. A rather small chance, and even then we can't be sure for 100% because the case is indistinguishable from the murderers not picking a target.

I'd say "screwed, much?" but we've managed to win with worse odds. Though I honestly have no idea where to go from here, but I'd lynch MageKing17 because he's trying to obscure the debate with useless arguments ("perhaps they are following the list", my god... and I don't buy the whole "high-profile targets" reasoning) and because he played a mayor role in lynching Murska yesterday.

[EDIT] Also, this might just be a feeling, but I find his writing style to be different from the way he usually writes. Forcing himself to roleplay a villager where he isn't?
    #
    Idiota 14 years ago
    Anarion, you really should not have said that. I will not delete it, as some people have probably already gained knowledge from that statement, and it is only fair that everyone gets a share of it.

EDIT: Unless E_net wants it gone ofcourse.
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    It is rather obligated that you do NOT say anything involving the game after dead! I hope my word is clear.
    #
    Idiota 14 years ago
    I'd much prefer that you say NOTHING at all, just so we can be 100% sure that the game is not spoiled by it.
    #
    MageKing17 14 years ago
    "Amarth" said:
    Okay, so from now on it's basically all guesswork. The only distinct chance we have at discovering some information we can be sure about is if the blocker manages to avert a night strike, thereby confirming the identity of someone innocent. A rather small chance, and even then we can't be sure for 100% because the case is indistinguishable from the murderers not picking a target.
    Actually, not true. If the Blocker successfully protects someone, in the past that's always been indicated with special text (not who was protected, merely that successful protection occurred).

"Amarth" said:
    I'd say "screwed, much?" but we've managed to win with worse odds. Though I honestly have no idea where to go from here, but I'd lynch MageKing17 because he's trying to obscure the debate with useless arguments ("perhaps they are following the list", my god... and I don't buy the whole "high-profile targets" reasoning) and because he played a mayor role in lynching Murska yesterday.
    About the "following the list" idea, I was merely listing possibilities. I didn't think it was likely (although you can never be too sure... sometimes, when arbitrarily picking targets, people will follow the oddest patterns. Mind you, if that's what the killers were doing, my speculations about it would certainly have made them change targets). Also, are you saying that we're not "high-profile targets?" In IRC Werewolf, wasn't it the case that if I wasn't dead the first night, I pretty much had to be a Werewolf (until, of course, people noticed that pattern and started trying to frame me (the bastards))?

And what do you mean, I played a major role in lynching Murska? Nobody voted for anybody else, as you may have noticed. I didn't even encourage anybody to vote for him. I voted for him because he was being the most suspicious.

"Amarth" said:
    [EDIT] Also, this might just be a feeling, but I find his writing style to be different from the way he usually writes. Forcing himself to roleplay a villager where he isn't?
    You do realize the last Werewolf game we played was years ago, right? Surprise, surprise, I don't write the same way I did before. It happens.
    #
    Idiota 14 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    "Amarth" said:
    Actually, not true. If the Blocker successfully protects someone, in the past that's always been indicated with special text (not who was protected, merely that successful protection occurred).

"Amarth" said:
    About the "following the list" idea, I was merely listing possibilities. I didn't think it was likely (although you can never be too sure... sometimes, when arbitrarily picking targets, people will follow the oddest patterns. Mind you, if that's what the killers were doing, my speculations about it would certainly have made them change targets). Also, are you saying that we're not "high-profile targets?" In IRC Werewolf, wasn't it the case that if I wasn't dead the first night, I pretty much had to be a Werewolf (until, of course, people noticed that pattern and started trying to frame me (the bastards))?

And what do you mean, I played a major role in lynching Murska? Nobody voted for anybody else, as you may have noticed. I didn't even encourage anybody to vote for him. I voted for him because he was being the most suspicious.

"Amarth" said:
    You do realize the last Werewolf game we played was years ago, right? Surprise, surprise, I don't write the same way I did before. It happens.

Be that as it may, I can still find myself in Amarth's reasoning. So far, you have made no attempts to really put the blame on someone else. I've been very quiet this game, but the first day I made myself look perhaps just as suspicious as you, and yet you are not taking the easiest way out of your predicament. If I were in your position and I was an innocent, I'd really look around to find someone else you could convince the others in lynching, as to still save the side of the innocents.

And yet you haven't done so at all. I find that strange.

Also, don't Pete, Grim and Narvious have anything to say today? You've all been awfully quiet.
    #
    Grim Reaper 14 years ago
    "Idiota" said:
    Also, don't Pete, Grim and Narvious have anything to say today? You've all been awfully quiet.
    Desperately trying to come up with something to say (other than "I agree with X"), and constantly failing.

So, yeah, Amarth does have an excellent argument. Unless anyone else comes up with an argument against someone else that happens to be as well thought-out as (or more so than) Amarth's argument against MageKing before the day ends, I'll just do the bandwagony thing and vote MageKing17 for lynching.
    #
    Pete 14 years ago
    Mmm, I have been observing, watching from the shadows, like a sil-yeah thats bullshit I just had no clue what to do again thanks to my tiny tiny brain. Also bandwagons are fun, so Mageking17. This time I actually agree, too.
    #
    Narvius 14 years ago
    You could totally paste the whole post of Grim here (I wasn't posting for the same reason.)
    And, I also choose Pika... uh, MageKing17.
    #
    Pete 14 years ago
    Why do I get the feeling were all just drones, blindy following the carrot on a stick, held by the murderers?

...oh well.
    #
    Amarth 14 years ago
    This is not right. I'm going to do something potentially stupid, but I'm changing my lynch vote to Idiota. The reason why is that we talked a lot the other day. Now, Idiota is a manipulative bastard, so I am very, very uncertain about what he told me. If we manage to lynch Idiota, I envision two possible outcomes: he is who he claims to be, then we have lost someone on the good side BUT we know he spoke the truth and we can deduce a lot from that OR he's a wolf and then it's hooray. And either way we cleared the most manipulative person from the game so we can all be a bit relieved.

I'm currently not posting any details on the conversations we had, because I don't want to hand out any info that might not yet be common knowledge. However if I see that the votes sway and that Idiota is going to be lynched, I'll put the details of what I think we could deduce in the thread before nightfall, because otherwise the wolves will kill me almost certainly during the night.
    #
    Zankman 14 years ago
    Nice game so far... I didn't know that the game could get so... Hostile.
    I, like totally, am certain who 1 killer is. By some basic observations, I just saw it... Maybe I should reread and get some new ideas... But I can't share my opinions when dead, no?
    #
    Narvius 14 years ago
    Uhm, do dead people talk?
    #
    Zankman 14 years ago
    I'm an paladin. An epic one. I can resurrect myself.
    Sorry, I understood that I can post like this, and I just wanted to state my opinions on my 1st Werewolf game. I won't anymore then, just read.
    #
    MageKing17 14 years ago
    "Idiota" said:
    Be that as it may, I can still find myself in Amarth's reasoning. So far, you have made no attempts to really put the blame on someone else. I've been very quiet this game, but the first day I made myself look perhaps just as suspicious as you, and yet you are not taking the easiest way out of your predicament. If I were in your position and I was an innocent, I'd really look around to find someone else you could convince the others in lynching, as to still save the side of the innocents.
    See? See what I mean? With so little information, anything anyone does is suspicious. I decide not to go making blind accusations and that is apparently suspicious enough to start a bandwagon against me! Well, if you want real suspicious behavior, how about the guy who starts that bandwagon?

I vote to lynch Idiota, for trying to manipulate people into lynching me for no other reason than that I didn't blindly accuse people without information (if you'll recall, the last time I accused someone for the sake of gathering information, it didn't turn out so well (that's 3 links, for those who can't easily tell)).
    #
    Grim Reaper 14 years ago
    "Zankman" said:
    I'm an paladin. An epic one. I can resurrect myself.
    Sorry, I understood that I can post like this, and I just wanted to state my opinions on my 1st Werewolf game. I won't anymore then, just read.
    These italics or whatever you wanna call 'em are just to notify the reader that the text is not direct game conversation. However, since you are dead, it's common courtesy that you do NOT talk about this game and/or your opinions on who is what in this thread, or with anyone currently playing, until the game in question is over.

And since anything NOT related to the game in question would be considered off-topic when it comes to this thread, it is advised that you simply refrain from posting anything in this particular thread until the game is over (after which, I think, discussions on stuff about the current game can be had, however brief). If you have anything to say about the Werewolf game (not just the currently played Werewolf game, but the way the game is played, executed, etc. in general), you may use the Werewolf Settings and Discussion thread.
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    I approve of Grim's post.
    Stay tuned for tomorrow.
    #
    Pete 14 years ago
    Why do I continue to play these games, when I always trust everything everyone says ever? I mean, its like I am completely incapable of making my own decision. Im just gonna stick to this one, then, see how it works out...
    #
    Amarth 14 years ago
    Okay, so it seems that Idiota won't get lynched after all. Doesn't matter too much I guess. If I happen to die during this night, don't automatically assume it was Idiota trying to kill me. Of course, it could be (especially now that I said this), but decisions made the next day will probably decide the game - don't make them without thinking.
    #
    Narvius 14 years ago
    Arrgh. Convincing arguments from each side. I can't work like that... >.> Idiota.
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    End of Day 2

The small group reunited at The Table. Pairs of eyes were staring at both MageKing17 and Idiota, who had been very suspicious in the last few hours of the day.
    Grim Reaper handed the pebbles again. There was no talking, for it wasn’t needed. There was no sound coming from the rocky desert either, because there was no wind.
    Amarth was the first to move. He walked to MageKing17, but then he changed his mind and dropped a stone in front of Idiota. Pete made his vote against MageKing17. The headmaster made his decision over MageKing17 as well. Narvius and MageKing17 voted against Idiota.
    Grim pointed at Idiota and the silence was broken:

Grim Reaper: You’re next!

Amarth locked Idiota’s arms with his own, making him unable to flee. Grim Reaper quickly accessed the secret chest. Having the expectation to contain a torch, he wondered why the chest had now a laser gun in it.
    Before Idiota could unlock himself from Amarth, Grim pointed the gun at Idiota’s chest and pulled the trigger once. A swift laser beam connected the gun to his chest, but only to disappear after a fraction of a second. Idiota received a small shock during that time interval. He wasn’t dead, but he felt slightly weaker.
    Grim tried to keep pressing the trigger instead, and the red laser beam was shown with extreme strength, pulling Idiota’s chest. After a few seconds of warp sounds from the laser weapon and screams from Idiota, the gun extracted a Death Cube with circular bumps and 4 lines connecting them to the other faces. Without the cube, Idiota’s body quickly disintegrated to dust. Amarth swept the particles out of himself.

Grim Reaper: I guess our work is done here. Now let’s go to sleep.
    Pete: Is that it? We killed our partner!
    Grim Reaper: I know, but we have no choice but to face bad luck.

Meanwhile, at the Monkkönen labs, Idiota returned to the real world in a flash. He made his way out of the cubiculum and back to Dr. Hank:
    Dr. Hank: Greetings, my friend! Did you enjoy this event?
    Idiota: Where the hell... For how long have I been there?
    Dr.Hank: Don’t you worry mister number 8. I know you’re disoriented after coming back to the real world. It has barely been an hour since you left!
    Idiota found out that Zankman, Anarion and Murska were sitting on the plastic chairs, waiting for their partners while talking about the issues they found in their VR experience. He turned back to Dr. Hank, who looked rather satisfied with the test.

Idiota: How’s it going, doc?
    Dr. Hank: Easier than I thought, I must say. All this hardware designed for a perfect virtual reality system is working at its fullest. I even dare to say that we might let other people enjoy it for a fee. But of course, you are testing it and I respect your deal. You will get paid after you write me the reports.
    Idiota: I see... Y’know, I’m very curious about the machine. Could you tell me how it works?
    Dr. Hank: Not enough for you to replicate this wonder, I’m afraid, but I’ll give you the basics. This whole hardware provides us the power to connect our body to a virtual memory bank. From there you are transported to an inner section of the machinery and your soul is sent to a specific hardware. Our software was developed for maintaining such un-
    Idiota: You mean what, a soul!?
    Dr. Hank: Yes. You do know you cannot be yourself without one.
    Idiota: Frickin’... how’s that supposed to make any sense?
    The doctor hesitated and then said silently:
    Dr. Hank: I’m a priest. I’ve researched for a reason of a person’s soul to exist, and I finally have it. Right there I have a powerful way to make one exist inside a computer, and bringing that person back to his mortal coil. The theory of life based on matter is not accepted by me, and your questions show lack of faith.
    Idiota thought to himself: “Is it true? Maybe not we’ll ever know if the doc is a sane human being, so...”

Idiota was lynched. He was the Connector
    Murderers and Blocker, choose your targets.
    The story continues next Monday morning.
    #
    MageKing17 14 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    Okay, this is important. Does the fact that he was a Connector mean that he never connected anyone (because if he had he would've been converted into an Innocent)? Or did you decide not to change the Connector's role upon the connection being made?
    #
    Idiota 14 years ago
    Huh? Is it time yet? <.< I guess I got my timezones messed up.

EDIT: Ok, what the FUCK? Where does it say that Amarth voted against me? I can't see it for one, and I know that PM votes were not allowed.
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    "E_net4" said:
    Okay, this is important. Does the fact that he was a Connector mean that he never connected anyone (because if he had he would've been converted into an Innocent)? Or did you decide not to change the Connector's role upon the connection being made?
    I've decided to keep his Connector class even after the connection. So yes, assume he did the link.

And Idiota, check the posts better.
    #
    MageKing17 14 years ago
    "Idiota" said:
    Huh? Is it time yet? <.< I guess I got my timezones messed up.

EDIT: Ok, what the FUCK? Where does it say that Amarth voted against me? I can't see it for one, and I know that PM votes were not allowed.
    "Amarth" said:
    This is not right. I'm going to do something potentially stupid, but I'm changing my lynch vote to Idiota.
    #
    Idiota 14 years ago
    Yep, I see it now. Not much to say beyond here, so I won't

Edit: Last thing you get from me:

:/
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    You may now stay quiet.
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    Day 3

From the silent night, a yell was heard: “NOOOOO!”
    The people, still drowsy, came out of their respective shelters and ran into the spot. Behind a few rocks there was a Death Cube similar to Zankman’s. It had the same horizontal lines, but they were actually printed on the flat faces, rather than graved.
    By the time everyone was brought back together, they started a conversation:

Grim Reaper: So tell me. Do you agree that Pete was the Decoder?
    Amarth: Yes. It came to me in the first day that the faces of Zankman’s cube had gone blank. Pete must have taken its powers without being noticed.
    Narvius: Yes, it’s a shame. What are we going to do now?
    MageKing17: There are two traitors among us for sure. Yet we’ve found none!
    Grim Reaper: I know, but we can’t just quit now, can we? In fact, we must finish this right here and right now! You are forbidden to leave this place!

Everyone else got frightened by Grim’s words.

Grim Reaper: I’m going to The Table to place the cube among the others, but I will be back very soon! Meanwhile, discuss!
    Grim Reaper turned around and started walking, said: “And I’m not bringing pebbles this time!”

Pete was killed during the night. He was the Decoder, who had gained Zankman’s powers.
    This game is close to an end! This is judgement day! Cast your final votes!
    The final lynch will occur next Friday night.
    #
    Pete 14 years ago
    D'oh.
    #
    Amarth 14 years ago
    Damn, this is not really going very well is it. And I have absolutely no clue. Only 4 of us left, right? Mage, Grim, Narvius and me?

Hmm.
    #
    MageKing17 14 years ago
    Well, that's a virtual game over right there.
    #
    Pete 14 years ago
    I do believe this all depends on Grims true allegiance?
    #
    Forum » Werewolf Ep. 7 - The Monk of VR
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: