Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Werewolf Ep. 7 - The Monk of VR
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Werewolf Ep. 7 - The Monk of VR

MageKing17 14 years ago
    "Pete" said:
    I do believe this all depends on Grims true allegiance?
    No talking while dead.
    #
    Grim Reaper 14 years ago
    I see only one feasible course of action.

Lynch MageKing17.
    #
    MageKing17 14 years ago
    I see only one feasible course of action myself.

*commits suicide*
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    Suiciding is 100% NOT allowed! Keep playing, sissy.
    #
    Idiota 14 years ago
    It's starting to look like things are going to end exactly as I had predicted they would if the villagers mucked things up when everything depended on it.
    #
    Narvius 14 years ago
    MageKing17.
    #
    MageKing17 14 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    Keep playing, sissy.
    Sissy? I was being perfectly serious. It was a masterful strategic stroke! And besides, there's no point in continuing the game if I can't commit suicide, since we all know exactly what's going to happen. And when I say "we all", I mean it. Everyone currently still in the game knows exactly what's going on, and what's going to happen. If I can't commit suicide, you may as well end the game right now, because Grim and Narvius have already won.
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    Excuse me, mister, but I am the one who's hosting here, and the end of this series of events wouldn't have been defined if you all did not screw up!
    In addition, suicidal won't fit in the story.

Heck. Now that you all put it that way, just let me post the ending in a few days. Meanwhile, do not suicide.
    #
    MageKing17 14 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    Excuse me, mister, but I am the one who's hosting here, and the end of this series of events wouldn't have been defined if you all did not screw up!
    You're the one who screwed up the random selection last night. For failing to let me kill Narvius at night (and really, if two Werewolves have a disagreement and one of them then walks off to kill someone else, how does the other fail to stab them in the back, exactly?), you could at least let me kill myself today and trap Grim and Narvius into failure. But noooo, somebody doesn't like it when the players go off the railroad tracks...
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    "E_net4" said:
    You're the one who screwed up the random selection last night. For failing to let me kill Narvius at night (and really, if two Werewolves have a disagreement and one of them then walks off to kill someone else, how does the other fail to stab them in the back, exactly?), you could at least let me kill myself today and trap Grim and Narvius into failure. But noooo, somebody doesn't like it when the players go off the railroad tracks...
    Actually, if you had managed to kill Narvius, you'd still have lost. And how could I trap Grim and Narvius into failure with suiciding? Plus, considering that no one knew anyone's class, you could have lynched Amarth. And then you'd have a chance to win.I don't really know how you managed to declare yourselves, but that's it. I'm ending this game soon.
    #
    Grim Reaper 14 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    declarate
    What.
    #
    Idiota 14 years ago
    Needless of me to say, we have to make the rules of who the wolves kill a bit more clear after this game. And MageKing, you do have a point, but right now you've got to accept defeat.
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    End of Day 3

Grim Reaper returned to the hidden place, holding the special chest from The Table.

Grim Reaper: There. Now… any decisions?

The group remained quiet. It was more than obvious that doing such a question wouldn’t help.

Grim Reaper: Any decision, I said!

There was simply no answer until Amarth raised his arm.

Grim Reaper: Yes?

Amarth: I think that even though you’re the headmaster, you shouldn’t act like an ass.

Then a gaze was applied to Amarth, wondering how he managed to say something like that.

Grim Reaper: Your guts impress me, my friend! Good thing I’m looking forward to finishing all this!
    MageKing17: Just calm down, everyone. I think we can-
    Grim Reaper: Stay quiet! You are highly suspicious as well!
    Narvius: He is our threat, sir. I think we should kill him.
    Amarth: What makes you so... *silence*

Grim Reaper turned his head softly to Amarth.

Grim Reaper: That’s right, mister. Don't be impressed.
    The headmaster quickly opened the chest and picked up what seemed like a welding torch. He tested the torch a few times in the air, expelling bright blue flames.
    MageKing17 stood still, as he didn’t know who the victim would be. Unfortunately for him, Grim pointed the object at MK’s head.

Grim Reaper: Hasta la vista… murderer!

The strong flames melted MageKing17 in a matter of seconds. The particles once again faded away to reveal a Death Cube, which was completely black. It was true that MageKing17 was one of the murderers.

Amarth: So you have survived.
    Narvius: And you didn’t.
    Grim Reaper: I had no reason to hate you, Amarth. But the connection between me and my friend here won’t let you survive.
    Amarth: I understand. If I don’t exit now, your partner will hunt me down during the next night. It’s worthless.
    Grim Reaper: I see you understand. The doc’s work still needs some fixes. *points the flamethrower at Amarth*
    Amarth: Yet, think first: why would you want to kill me by your own hands?
    Grim Reaper: Do I have any other choice?

Amarth ran away from Grim and Narvius. His strength made him run faster than the linked pair, and thus being able to open the chest and grab a grey gun out of it. Then he turned around:

Amarth: Hold it!

The pair was surprised to see Amarth point the gun at his own head.

Amarth: No matter what we are supposed to do in this world, I’m still human! And we’re friends. Now that the test is going to end, allow me to make my own way out of here.

“See you soon”, Amarth said. Thus he pulled the trigger, quickly disassembling Amarth’s virtual body into particles. The gun and his Death cube fell to the ground at the same time. His cube had a print of a pentagon on its faces.

The connected group went silent for some moments while investigating the cube.

Narvius: He did leave us with honour.
    Grim Reaper: Maybe so. But the point is that Hank wanted us to survive as a group.
    Narvius: And we did just that.

Grim Reaper and Narvius high-fived, expecting the program to bring them back to the real world.

The End?

There. Amarth was the Fighter. Narvius was the other Murderer and Grim was just an Individual.
    Look here tomorrow for more.
    #
    Idiota 14 years ago
    So, what can we conclude from this? It is exactly the ending I predicted would happen once the villagers failed to lynch Narvius or Grim. It was for that reason that I spurred several villagers who I knew almost certainly to be innocent to vote to lynch Narvius. However, I did not want to draw too much attention to myself, as a combined vote from MageKing17 and the cupid couple would still kill me. So I waited untill late to approach Pete with my reasonings.

Due to my absence on the friday night (Which was due to me having to play a volleyball match and not realising the difference in timezones), I could not take up the example to lynch Narvius as I instructed Amarth and Pete to do. Apperently I was even so suspicious, that I got lynched at some point, even after the conversation me and Amarth had, and even after I PMed Pete with the facts of the matter. (The lynching apperently was a bad call from Amarth's side and a good one from MK17's, even if the real danger that was imposed to MK was never really identified)

But the main thing I am really cross about is the way you handled the wolves, E_net4. As f ar as I am concerned, if the wolves cannot come to some sort of agreement of who to kill, they kill NOBODY, instead of someone at random. If one of the wolves realises that the other is part of the cupid couple, he should be able to boycot any kill attempts made by wolves. This will allow the wolves more room in the end-game if the cupid couple is still alive. Or it should make the cupid couple more eager to kill off a wolf by lynching in the mid-game, possibly exposing themselves as the cupid couple a lot earlier.

Even after that statement, the main thing I am REALLY cross about is the lack of insight in general from the villager side. Before I took action, there were no movements coming from the villagers AT ALL, and while I always knew who I had coupled with eachother, I always felt like I was the only one to think any sane thoughts. Fact is, sometimes it really pays off to take chances, even if the guy you are embroidled with has won many games by his skill at making people do as he wants. I took my chance with Grim, and while he turned out to be from the wrong side, the only reason I found that out was by contacting him, and using Amarth as verification. (Although I still cannot comprehend why you would keep the fact that you were the CWV from me after hearing me out, and especially how the thought got to you to actually lynch me, Amarth.)

These are all endgame ramblings, but you've got to see things from my PoV. I had figured out that Narvius was a wolf long before the end of the 2nd day, and MageKing17 made himself sufficiently suspicious to be my 2nd wolf long before the end of that day. It seems like total retardism for you guys to not have done things my way to me, but I guess that's because I've always known a bit more for fact than the rest... And the reputation I've earned over previous games ofcourse... But I do hope you guys learn from this game, especially the villagers.

Really people, if you want the villager side to win one of the games, like EVER, you've got to brighten up. A LOT.
    #
    Murska 14 years ago
    I figured MK'd be a wolf after the first day. Just the way he acted. Then again, that's easy to say now, but I DID say it back then aswell.

If one of the wolves realizes the other is in a cupid couple, he has to get rid of that other eventually. So if he can't attack him due to there only being two wolves so he can't attain majority, he has to get him lynched before there are so few players that the cupided couple has lynch control over him. But if he can't even stop the other from attacking, then that doesn't really make sense since that means the cupided couple basically controls the wolf team and the lone wolf has no chance.
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    Just stop using italics, please. The game is over.
    #
    MageKing17 14 years ago
    "Murska" said:
    If one of the wolves realizes the other is in a cupid couple, he has to get rid of that other eventually. So if he can't attack him due to there only being two wolves so he can't attain majority, he has to get him lynched before there are so few players that the cupided couple has lynch control over him. But if he can't even stop the other from attacking, then that doesn't really make sense since that means the cupided couple basically controls the wolf team and the lone wolf has no chance.
    Nailed it right on the head.

I kept trying to tell myself I had somehow misinterpreted the data I was getting (since I had no idea how I was going to get rid of Narvius since nobody would believe any bandwagon I started), but then Narvius made some very stupid mistakes and more-or-less announced he was linked to Grim (before I had only suspicions (strong suspicions, but suspicions nonetheless)). BTW, Narvius, you had a gigantic opportunity to get me to try to kill Pete instead without tipping your hand (or, well, probably without tipping your hand. You're not a great actor ). Your failure to do so shows a remarkable lack of common sense (I had specifically told you that the odds were that Pete was less likely to be shielded than Grim. But you didn't jump on that and try to convince me to make the rational decision, instead deciding to say the fatal words, "I don't think we should kill Grim directly," which is more-or-less a signed confession).

Once I had my confirmation, I knew there was only one thing to do... try to kill Narvius with at night (attacking Grim had too high a chance of him being protected). And yet... it's a 50/50 chance that I'll actually succeed. And yet... he somehow manages to kill the Blocker, the one person who could have stopped him from killing that night. And yet... once I realize exactly the situation we've wound up in, I'm not allowed to take the only course of action which prevents Grim and Narvius from winning the game, because E_net4 doesn't want me to, because we "all screwed up", apparently, even though the action in question rather pointedly prevents me from winning myself. But hey, E_net4 ran the game, so he can do whatever he wants.

Like announce to anyone paying the slightest bit of attention that Anarion had a night action. Yeah, I didn't guess him at random, E, you pretty much sealed his fate when you said the following:
    <+E_net4> Special note to all WW players.
    <+E_net4> The day begins Monday night, and not Tuesday in the morning.
    * Amarth_ has quit (Ping timeout: 805 seconds)
    <+E_net4> By the way, what's the difference between the Sent Messages box and the Outbox?
    <+Amarth> Outbox messages are not yet read by the receiver, I think.
    <+E_net4> Is that so? Then we still have a problem.
    * +E_net4 drops the Sniper.
    <+E_net4> And not a knife, I'm afraid.
    * Joozey (~Joozey@195.169.87.14 has joined #monkkonenchat
    * Ville gives voice to Joozey
    <@Ville> [Joozey] Anathematic Automatons and Scurrilous Sycophants.
    <+Amarth> *shrug* you can't expect everyone to be around all the time. Some people will miss some nights, some might just drop out of the game.
    <+Amarth> It happens.
    <+E_net4> I still think someone should tell Anarion to at least try to keep up with the beginningof the game.
    <+E_net4> There's been no action yet!

That's just blatantly irresponsible. As the person running the game, you can't give away any information, no matter how small. You may as well have shouted to everyone on IRC at the time, "HEY, EVERYONE! ANARION HAS A NIGHT ACTION!" If this is the way you run all games, count me out of any future ones hosted by you.
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    The End

Still sitting in the hideout full of rocks, Grim Reaper and Narvius were waiting for their exit. Suddenly, Grim Reaper disappeared. One second later, Narvius also vanished from the system.
    They recovered their senses at the cubiculum. When the last test subject went through the door, everyone was happy.
    “I supposed it ended well, don’t you think?” - Amarth said.
    “Just so.” – Grim Reaper replied.
    “It could’ve been better, in my opinion.” – MageKing17 said.
    “I wish I could’ve had experienced more of it though.” – Zankman said.

The group made its way into a deep discussion regarding their virtual life. Dr. Hank interrupted them as he came into the test chamber.
    “Cheers to our virtual reality device!”- He said – “Let us go to the cafeteria and have a drink, while you talk about all your incidents.”
    “Alright, let’s go. By the way, have you considered making the graphics more realistic, doc?” – Anarion said.
    “Of course, but I’m no 3D designer!” – He replied while laughing.

Hank turned the lights off and closed the room. Some seconds later, a paper was printed from the computer.

Yes, it’s an encrypted riddle. Please do not spoil it.
    #
    Amarth 14 years ago
    Alright, about lynching Idiota. I apparently made a judgmental error in that, because I thought the villagers could still win even with Idiota lynched AND we'd have proof of Idiota's assertions. Miscalculated somewhere I think. Sorry. Although I honestly did not believe Idiota when he was talking to me because he said some (in my opinion, of course) things that made him look quite suspicious. And Idiota is a manipulating bastard anyway. If it had been anyone else than Idiota trying to convince us all the villagers might have won. Reputation is important in this game
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    I must have screwed up, but heh, it was the first time.
    I think I should give at least one hint on the riddle: Solving the image won't make you solve the riddle.
    #
    Zankman 14 years ago
    Don't wanna be a smartass or something, but, I gotta agree with Idiota... Twas quite obvious, at least to me, that Narvius is one of the murderers. I mean, he played an apparent game of a few posts and silence. IMO, the one who is silent, while the others fight is probably not just neutral; especially in a game like this. Just waiting for the pray to kill themselves, while not drawing to much attention to ... themselves (hope I wrote it right). Easy win.

Again, I don't want to be an smartass, maybe the next time I play I will also be blinded so easily.

At E_net4 final story post: Haha, nice use of RL.
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    "Zankman" said:
    At E_net4 final story post: Haha, nice use of RL.
    I could have used more effort on that, actually.
    #
    Murska 14 years ago
    Aaaaanyone care to join Poirot for the last required player? Pweeeease? *puppy eyes*
    #
    Zankman 13 years ago
    O.K. dudes I didn't want to create another topic, so I will do it here...

How about we start a new werewolf/mafia game? I played quite a few games after this one, and I am interested in playing some more...
    #
    Grim Reaper 13 years ago
    Eh, might as well. Should get the forum activity up a bit (hopefully).
    #
    Amarth 13 years ago
    I'll join as well, should have time for this now. Also, if no-one else want to really, really do it, I'll happily host the game again. I still enjoy reading some of the old ones.

Also, now that I see it again... E, I don't think anyone has cracked the riddle yet. I tried, but I had no idea where to start, nothing I tried seemed to make much sense. Care to drop some hints?
    #
    Narvius 13 years ago
    I'mma joining dah werewulfz.

What riddle?

[Edit]
    Oh, that riddle.
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    I was actually waiting for you to figure that out before it was too late... but I guess you just forgot it.

Basicly, you have 3 lines that must be decoded into something related to the 4th. Then there's a hint in the same paper on how to find the answer. You may start PMing.
    Edit:

Also, I would totally go for another Episode, preferably without being the Game Master.
    #
    Zankman 13 years ago
    Heh, amusing how 1 post wakes up this sleepy community...
    So, we need a game-master and a theme... Should we discuss it here, or should the would-be game-master create a new thread?
    #
    Grim Reaper 13 years ago
    There's always the Werewolf Discussion thread (located here).
    #
    Amarth 13 years ago
    Whoo! Narvius and me cracked the riddle! By accident...
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    The riddle was solved in chat. You may want to check the logs if you want the whole story, it's a bit too big for it to put it here. I'll just quote the end here. The paper suggested the question: "What is the meaning of the doctor's name?"
    The answer was obtained through method 2, as explained below:
    [20] <+Amarth> Doctor Mock Hank, right?
    [20] <+Narvius> Yes.
    [20] <+Amarth> Anagram of...
    [20] <+Amarth> Hack Monk?
    [20] <+E_net4> Congratulations. You made it.
    [20] <+Amarth> What.
    [20] <+Amarth> I did what?
    [20] <+Narvius> ...what.
    [20] <+Narvius> WHAT.
    [20] <+E_net4> Yes. "Hack Monk" is the answer.
    [20] <+Narvius> THE.
    [20] <+Amarth> Of what.
    [20] <+Amarth> What.
    [20] <+E_net4> ...
    [20] <+Amarth> what is this i don't even
    [20] <+Narvius> All my wtf are belong to u.
    [20] <+Amarth> Anyway.
    [20] <+E_net4> Dude, "Hack Monk" was the meaning of the doctor's name.
    [20] <+Amarth> Woo!
    [20] <+Amarth> Booze time!
    [20] <+Amarth> So method #2 indeed points at the second debug line, the anagram?
    [20] <+E_net4> Aye.
    [20] <+Amarth> Ah.
    [20] <+E_net4> Though it also pointed at day 2.
    [20] <+Narvius> xxxD
    [20] <+Narvius> LOOOOL.
    [20] <+E_net4> Now for my means of decoding:
    [20] <+E_net4> The first line was obvious.
    [20] <+E_net4> For the second line, you have an anagram. You should get "doctoris".
    [20] <+E_net4> In the 3rd line, you convert the numbers into letters and ROT13 them into "namen".
    [20] <+E_net4> "doctoris" and "namen" is latin for "doctor" and "name".
    [20] <+Narvius> So...
    [20] <+E_net4> The 4th line suggested that it was a question.
    [20] <+E_net4> You know the rest.
    [20] <+Narvius> I was right with Rotting it.
    [20] <+E_net4> Aye.l
    [20] <+E_net4> Also, the obscure hint in day 2 was:
    [20] <+Narvius> He is a priest -> latin?
    [20] <+E_net4> In the beggining: Anarion was killed, and he was the Hacker. In the end: He was a priest, therefore suggestiong "monk".
    [20] <+E_net4> Huh, I meant to underline "Hacker" only.
    [20] <+Narvius> Oh.
    [20] <+E_net4> Unbelievable, heh?
    [20] <+Narvius> Whatever.
    [20] <+Narvius>
    #
    Narvius 13 years ago
    I kind of facepalmed right know, when I realized the story's called "The MONK of VR".
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    That reminds me, I didn't have to tell you the 1-word hint I had in plan: Title.
    Anyways, it is done. Our Hank friend has been hacking material to perform soul transfers.
    #
    Forum » Werewolf Ep. 7 - The Monk of VR
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: