Register
Email: Password:
Forum » [SPOILERIFFIC]I want to know all about the Alien's evolution

[SPOILERIFFIC]I want to know all about the Alien's evolution

Ryuji 14 years ago
Well, I've been playing Notrium for a while now, and there's a race I simply adore: The alien. Because I like the idea of evolving and becoming stronger the more things I kill.

However, I have sort of a curiosity problem. I feel that knowing what kind of terrifying abilities the alien gets as she evolves would help me get motivated into actually going to great lengths to progress through the evolving path. Knowing how many experience points I have to rack would be helpful as well, of course.

I already know that the first evolution is obtained when you reach 50 experience, which you get by doing nothing, and you get night vision level 1. Then, by keeping your food levels above 100 you can get experience up to 100 (I think?) to get night vision level 2. Then, by killing enough small blue aliens to get to... 200? experience points, you get night vision level 3, acid spit, and motion sense level 1. I know that for the next, you have to kill large blue aliens, but... From there, beats me.

So, could someone please describe the alien's evolution path for me? I seriously don't mind being spoiled about this. I just want to know it to feel motivated. Also, my question is about standard Notrium, but if there's something else to get in the Werivar pseudo-expansion pack when it comes to the alien's evo, I'd like to know it as well.

Thanks in advance.
#
Anonymous1157 14 years ago
You get to make babies.

... There, that oughta be enough motivation! (And I'm completely serious, too.)

On another note, I think this question has been nicely answered in the past, but I can't seem to find the thread now. It was probably deleted when the forums were cleaned up a while back. Other parts of the evolution tree (More like a straight line, but I'll just call it a tree) include living in the Hive, or destroying only one kind of alien at a time (Don't kill to stockpile food, by the way. You need the kills to advance later!)

I haven't played Notrium in a while, but I'm absolutely sure at least that much is accurate.
#
MageKing17 14 years ago
Two of your most powerful tools as an evolved alien are Devour (which lets you get way more use out of a certain kind of corpse than simply eating it) and... um... something Rage? I think. Anyway, it's like bullet time. The game slows down and you speed up, letting you run circles around your enemies whilst shredding them with your mighty claws.
#
Ryuji 14 years ago
Rage, huh? Sounds goddamn powerful the way you describe it. Hehe, I guess it's time to get a lot stronger.
#
E_net4 14 years ago
Assuming this is spoileriffic, allow me to type in more Alien powers:

- Night Vision: Just makes you see things better.
- Acid Spit: A long range power that uses some food to spit. It temporarily stuns the enemy.
- Lethal Bite: A strong bite that kills every little creature you find. It consumes more food and it takes some time to ready your next attack.
- Feral Rage: Temporarily slows down time and grants you more movement speed than everyone else. It can be activated any time with R, as long as you are not under the effects of this power.
- Devour: Using it makes you eat a small blue alien corpse for more food and a bit of health. Eating them temporarily slows you down.
- Alien nest: Lets you build nests out of twigs and lay eggs with food.

The werivar mod also features Queen Killer Claws, Feast, etc. They're simply stronger versions of the powers above.
#
IIRC, if it was never fixed, you can multiply the Rage effect by reapplying it while you're still under its effect. This allows you to exceed the speed of light and go through walls, although that last bit would really be an exploit of a Grim2D bug and not a real feature.
#
MageKing17 14 years ago
"Anonymous1157" said:
IIRC, if it was never fixed, you can multiply the Rage effect by reapplying it while you're still under its effect. This allows you to exceed the speed of light and go through walls, although that last bit would really be an exploit of a Grim2D bug and not a real feature.
If memory serves, this was fixed before 1.341.
#
E_net4 14 years ago
"MageKing17" said:
"Anonymous1157" said:
If memory serves, this was fixed before 1.341.
Indeed, that's why I didn't mention it.

Also, there are 2 types of alien "babies". They can be either blue or brown. They can be told to follow you or walk around/stay in place, in that order.

This reminds me that in Werivar the alien you find in a foreign alien's egg can be raised to a huge and powerful creature.
#
Romah 14 years ago
Hmm I wonder... The alien pet you get in werivar -(spell?) expansion. How high is it possible to evolve it? After some time he stopped eating brown corpses. Im guessing I can try reapers next?
#
You've been spelling Werivar right all along. You can stop asking if you've spelled it right already.

That alien pet (Which is also in the Default Mod) is just that -- an alien pet. Giving it any more powers would have been unfair, since it's already pretty effective (And awesome!) to have the harmless hermit and alien pet by your side at once.

... In short, no higher than it is. Oh, and he stopped eating brown corpses because his health is full.
#
E_net4 14 years ago
"Anonymous1157" said:
... In short, no higher than it is. Oh, and he stopped eating brown corpses because his health is full.
WROONNNNG! <insert Casanova's avatar here>

In Werivar you can evolve the alien you find several times. Try giving him reaper corpses, like you said. Eventually it might ask for dire reapers, so make sure you're strong enough to beat those (the alien can beat them with ease when fully evolved. The human/android might need powerful weapons, such as the warp drill gun).
#
Romah 14 years ago
Haha... Well from what I been reading you guys really tough on spelling.

I wasnt sure that pet in Werivar can evolve further since it dies instantly vs most opponents there And I was confused between pet and the player based aliens from the things I read.
Thank you for clearing it up ^^
#
"E_net4" said:
In Werivar you can evolve the alien you find several times. Try giving him reaper corpses, like you said. Eventually it might ask for dire reapers, so make sure you're strong enough to beat those (the alien can beat them with ease when fully evolved. The human/android might need powerful weapons, such as the warp drill gun).
Ooo, I didn't know that. It's been a REALLY long while since I've played, and I went with the default mod to get back into it. The dire reapers just never get old, especially if you're not expecting them because you haven't played for so long, AND if, even after five years of Notrium and having played every version since the alpha where the game wouldn't quit when you win or die, you're STILL, just now, starting to seriously play as a human for the first time. (And damn, after playing only as an android pre-v1.2 and only as an alien post-v1.2, both on easy difficulty, IT'S HARD. All expectations on how the game works are completely shattered. Out the door. Swept up by the wind. Goodbye to them. Grr. (Ohey, I just made a confession...))
#
Romah 14 years ago
Another question about the pet... I fed him dire reapers... First few he spat out 7 more small pet aliens. Then he stopped. But he still feeds on the DR corpses... Should I keep going? I mean, is there any point on feeding him even further? Will I gain any levels/powers? I fed him over 100 DR corpses so far...
Also, there is no way for the 7 pets he spat to grow up also?
Im excited to finally have a thing that easily takes on battledroids...
#
"Romah" said:
Another question about the pet... I fed him dire reapers... First few he spat out 7 more small pet aliens. Then he stopped. But he still feeds on the DR corpses... Should I keep going? I mean, is there any point on feeding him even further? Will I gain any levels/powers? I fed him over 100 DR corpses so far...
Also, there is no way for the 7 pets he spat to grow up also?
Im excited to finally have a thing that easily takes on battledroids...
Has the alien pet physically become bigger? If so, your friend has reached sexual maturity, and those seven more pets weren't JUST spat out any old way, to say it modestly.

... Hokai, NOW is the point where my original comment holds. You have COMPLETELY finished evolving the alien pet (Unless you can feed it other queens now or something), and feeding it more Dire Reapers only serves to refill health.

Try feeding the new aliens brown alien corpses, like you did with the first one a while ago. If you've really fed the queen a hundred Dire corpses, then enough time should have passed for the other seven aliens to grow up far enough to start evolving too or something, unless you've FINALLY hit the point where you're not supposed to have more pets.
#
SmokNiszczyciel 14 years ago
Try feeding the new aliens brown alien corpses, like you did with the first one a while ago. If you've really fed the queen a hundred Dire corpses, then enough time should have passed for the other seven aliens to grow up far enough to start evolving too or something, unless you've FINALLY hit the point where you're not supposed to have more pets.
Well, it doesnt work Its like ur pet alien [queen] have her own fighters I modded it a little and i made queen lay eggs and she was feeding them and it was like 2nd player - alien :O After format [i forgot to save notrium :/] i lost this mod:/
#
Venom31 14 years ago
That's bad. Must've been a totally-unique creature... However, I think it was overpowered from the start, so this old one is ok
#
Forum » [SPOILERIFFIC]I want to know all about the Alien's evolution

Your email:
Your name: