Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Skywolf: A very obvious Starfox ripoff

Skywolf: A very obvious Starfox ripoff

Anonymous1157 14 years ago
I'm making a video game that is a very obvious Starfox ripoff with the help of an IRL friend of mine, known Ark_mage2 on the Internets, and four other people that haven't actually done much yet. I'm the graphics guy, and he's the programmer. The whole reason we're making this game is to win a competition our after-school club will be attending in about two months, where our game will compete against somewhere between two to four other teams. The best place to get updates on the game is his blog, which also contains reviews of indie music albums he's heard recently. (And yes, I actually did wait until we had some decent content to speak of before posting about this game.)

Also, if I'm not mistaken, this is my post number leet.
#
Venom31 14 years ago
Yeah, l33t
Good luck on this one. I'll look at it soon, too.
#
Anonymous1157 13 years ago
I never posted this when it actually happened because the game doesn't seem to have generated much discussion, but we got second place at TSA State, and we're taking it to Nationals.

Also, for the moment, I don't think we have a working download link. I'll definitely get Ark_mage2 to reupload it somewhere once we finish our changes for Nationals.

Y'see, we got disqualified, and then requalified, but then they said that the rules were air-tight and then we got disqualified again, and then Ark remembered that we had some emails that said that .NET and XNA were supposed to be ready for us on their computers, and then they finally played it and we were like YAY WE HAVE TO WIN, and then we all congratulated ourselves and the other school that we were working closely with before we knew officially that we had won, and then THE RETARDED FISH GAME WITH THE MANUAL DRAWN IN COLORED MARKERS beats us to first place and our schools get second and third, and then a few weeks later we find out that the only reason we lost was because the game didn't score for educational value at all but had straight 100%s down the page otherwise, and we were all like WTF WAHT IS TIHS WE HAEV TO FIXIT NAOW and now we're like NO UR IDEA IS STOOPEH and then we were like LETS UES THEM ALL and now we have to implement them.

... I get excited every time I tell that story.
#
Venom31 13 years ago
So, are you going to include those "educative elements" now?
#
Anonymous1157 13 years ago
Actually, yes. I just heard that Ark has solved the critical problem we had that caused that mess I just summarized, so we can start doing actual work on the game itself now. Namely, instead of failing on startup, it now silently installs any requirements that are missing, with the key word being silently.

... And, of course, I'm pressuring Ark to go for the backup plan that saved our asses the last time around. He insists that we shouldn't have to resort to it again, and therefore don't need to have it ready. (He's really insane like that.)
#
Forum » Skywolf: A very obvious Starfox ripoff

Your email:
Your name: