Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Texture/Terrain Bug Thing

Texture/Terrain Bug Thing

Xienor 13 years ago
Hello, I was wondering if there was a way to make it so the floor textures blend/sink into each other better. Id like a way to fix or help this without covering or hiding it.. Its starting to annoy me (even more when it comes to Tiles or Wood textures). A short question but anyone who has used the map editor or played the game long enough will understand what Im getting at.
#
Anonymous1157 13 years ago
The textures already blend. I'm not sure what you mean about the built-in editor, either.

If you mean canceling out the blur so that it looks good on tiles (The kind of flooring, not a square texture ), you can take a screenshot of the game with the two tiles in question fully visible, cut them out, save them under new names, and apply them where the old ones were. The blur will completely cancel itself out and you will end up with sharp edges. The reason you have to do it this way is because you can't actually turn the blending off at all, let alone on a per-tile basis.
#
Xienor 13 years ago
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.monkkonen.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/terrain_notrium2.png">http://www.monkkonen.net/blog/wp-conten ... trium2.png</a><!-- m -->

That. The two textures blending poorly at the sides. Im asking if there is a way to fix that.
#
Anonymous1157 13 years ago
Ah.

I don't think there's a fix for that. If there is, it's in the code that generates the blending and can't be fixed by anything a modder can do. If you can come up with an idea for a fix, though, Ville might update the game one last time.

On a barely related note, have I lost my mind or did Ville build a splash screen into the final update?
#
Xienor 13 years ago
"On a barely related note, have I lost my mind or did Ville build a splash screen into the final update?"

wat

Thanks for telling me though.. It doesnt directly help the problem but it does take away the repeated thought of "If It can be fixed I want it to be fixed NOW"... I guess Ill just cover it up like I ussually do.
#
Forum » Texture/Terrain Bug Thing

Your email:
Your name: