Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Werewolf 8 - The Experiment
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Werewolf 8 - The Experiment

Murska 13 years ago
    Eh. I won't dopple Shingo before I know what role he is. I don't want to end up on a losing side for obvious reasons.

And since Amarth said the lynch is between me and Kario... I vote Kario for lynch. This also gives us more information about Shingo's claim.

If kario isn't a wolf, well yeah. If he is, which is more likely in any case, Shingo will have to give us another scry tomorrow, and if he gets the role of another person right... well, good for him, that means he's probably the seer.
    #
    Vacuus 13 years ago
    That won't work, at this point we're all running around blind. Shingo can "scan" one of his fellow wolves who can then claim that they received another role and that Shingo correctly guessed. It's unlikely that the real player of that role will step forward, particularly if it's dangerous for them to do so, but even if they do we'll just have conflicting claims and will end up in exactly the same shit-heap that we're in now.

I don't see why Shingo as the seer would make himself publicly known like that as it's dangerous and just plain stupid. He also doesn't seem to want to retract his vote until the Aer has taken on another role, which is more than a little suspect - refusing to even acknowledge that the Aer will become infected if Kario (sorry) is also infected every time I try to explain that to him.

I don't recall any votes against you Murska, but I'm probably just missing them.
    #
    Murska 13 years ago
    No votes, but Amarth keeps insisting to lynch me. : P

I don't care either way yet. I'm neutral and if I clone a wolf everyone gets public notification of it so I'm not gonna do it.

If Shingo outs another wolf tomorrow to stay alive... Well, then why would we ever kill him, even if he was a wolf? Keep on outing until you're the only one left.

Meanwhile the supposedly real telepath keeps gathering more info.
    #
    Amarth 13 years ago
    I've counted the votes so far, and I think we have the following scores right now. Kind of a lot of switching going on, so if I'm wrong for anyone, please say so.

For lynch:
    Kario: 2 (Murska, Shingo)
    Narvius: 1 (Kario)

For Mayor:
    Vacuus: 3 (Anarion, Narvius, Endymion)
    Endymion: 1 (Kario)
    #
    Endymion 13 years ago
    Right I guess I should vote for myself as mayor.
    #
    Murska 13 years ago
    Endymion for Mayor so the possible wolf isn't picked. Then again he's also a possible wolf, but eh.
    #
    Narvius 13 years ago
    Wait, lynching me? xD Really, Kairo?
    I'm amused. Of course it won't happen, but it should be pretty clear by now that lynching random people is bad.
    #
    Endymion 13 years ago
    Why not? Chances of you being infected are pretty much as good as everyone else's. Besides you were to first to accuse him of being a wolf!! Why wouldn't he want to lynch you after that.

I might as well support him by also saying lynch Narvius since he's been pretty boring player so far(not as boring as anarion but still).
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    You know, most people would find this suspicious and all. But he has a slight point: if Narvius isn't lynched, then Kario is. And we'd rather try to lynch one of ours, so that he's replaced by the Aer. Too bad Narvius will have to give up on his role, which is less likely to be infected than kario.
    I'm not voting yet, I'll just hear what you think of it. I'm not talking about Endymion's or Kario's reasons, which are mostly dull/null.
    #
    Vacuus 13 years ago
    Well, suffice to say I trust Endymion even less than the rest of you, especially because of his support of kario (who one way or another is most likely infected) and ousting Narvius 'for being boring' on the first round nonetheless.

So, I guess in that case I vote for myself (Vacuus) as Mayor. Don't be calling that suspicious when Endymion did the exact same thing and did it first.

In any case, if I die tonight and I'm not infected then I guess the obvious suspects are Shingo, Endymion and Kario.

E_Net4 did have a slight point about voting out a neutral party so that the Aer takes on their role; though it does slightly increase the chances that the rest of us will be hit, but it looks like that's happening anyway. What does everyone else think?
    #
    Endymion 13 years ago
    Well fine! If supporting awesome irrational behaviour undermines peoples trust in me then No lynch.
    #
    Anarion 13 years ago
    "Endymion" said:
    (not as boring as anarion but still).
    Ouch

At least I don't vote to lynch people for such a pathetic reason as that they're 'boring'.
    #
    Kario 13 years ago
    boring?I'm the most talked about character and endymion taking out your vote is fine sometimes people dont think i'm trustworthy.
    #
    Shingo 13 years ago
    <kario> vacuus you're the angel aren't you?
    <Vacuus> Nope, I'm the CWV, as I said
    <Shingo> Horseshit.
    <Shingo> You are the VI or a wolf.
    <Vacuus> Lynch me and find out or shut it
    <kario> vi?
    <Shingo> Village Idiot
    <Shingo> See?
    <Shingo> Look at that behavior

This conversation seems to support my suspicion that Vacuus is the Village Idiot.

Edit: Voting Endymion for Mayor and confirming my lynch vote of Kario
    #
    Kario 13 years ago
    i change my mayor vote to vacuus alas endyion i mean endymion
    does not prove the truth and vacuus does.

i confirm my lynch.
    #
    Vacuus 13 years ago
    Taken out of context, the entire log up until now (conversation is still going, the entire thing will be on Amarth's website anyway:

kario	vacuus you're the angel aren't you?
    11:51 Vacuus Nope, I'm the CWV, as I said
    11:52 Shingo Horseshit.
    11:52 Shingo You are the VI or a wolf.
    11:52 Vacuus Lynch me and find out or shut it
    11:52 kario vi?
    11:52 Shingo Village Idiot
    11:52 Shingo See?
    11:52 Shingo Look at that behavior
    11:52 kario we could always get amarth.
    11:53 Vacuus Day isn't finished if you want to cast a lynch vote...
    11:53 kario i did i did
    11:53 kario [i]i did[i]
    11:54 kario narvius
    11:54 Vacuus Talking to Shingo, he 's constantly coming out with "impostor!" or "Vi/Wolf!" without actually doing anything to prove he's the seer
    11:55 kario mageking what is the score for lynch and mayor?
    11:55 Shingo And what are you doing to prove that you're not the imposter that you are?
    11:55 Vacuus How can I? It's up to the real seer to contact other people they've scanned
    11:55 Vacuus And stop saying impostor, it's getting irritating
    11:56 Vacuus We both know you're full of it
    11:56 Vacuus And you're only drawing attention to yourself
    11:56 MageKing17 kario: I'm not tallying the votes until the day ends.
    11:56 MageKing17 If you want to know the current standing, you'll have to count them yourself.
    11:56 Shingo It's irritating to me that you persist in your lie.
    11:57 kario shingo you just posted checking it out...
    11:57 Vacuus See what I mean? It's constantly "impostor" or "liar" without any sort of strategy to prove otherwise
    11:58 Shingo I have repeatedly explained my strategy to prove otherwise.
    11:58 Shingo Your complte and utter disregard for it astounds me.
    11:58 Vacuus Care to do so again?
    11:58 kario yo endy!
    11:58 Endymion yo?
    11:58 Endymion [TITLE: TAS Castlevania 64 N64 in 45:39 by Slash Star Dash VIEWS: 118206 FAVES: 216 RATING: 4 RATERS: 275 UPLOADED: webnations ] [TITLE: TAS Castlevania 64 N64 in 45:39 by Slash Star Dash VIEWS: 118206 FAVES: 216 RATING: 4 RATERS: 275 UPLOADED: webnations ]
    11:59 kario isn't it fun to watch them fight?
    11:59 Endymion I suppose
    11:59 kario endymion i have the game
    11:59 Shingo Why would I repeat myself yet again, after I just commented on your complete disregard for my argument?
    11:59 Endymion cool
    11:59 Vacuus Because you have no fucking strategy
    11:59 kario why don't you guys team up
    12:00 Vacuus Because he's infected
    12:00 Shingo I do too have a fucking strategy.
    12:00 Shingo And I'm not infected.
    12:00 Vacuus Or the VI
    12:00 Shingo I am, as I have repeated on many sundry occasions, the Seer.
    12:00 Vacuus No, you are not
    12:00 Vacuus Scan me tonight if you are
    12:00 Shingo Of course I am.
    12:00 kario haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    12:01 Shingo Why would I allow my agenda to be determiend by a potential infected/VI?
    12:01 Vacuus Because then you'd know if I was the VI or infected, if you are the seer
    12:01 kario vote for endymion not for vacuus
    12:01 kario i might be lynched
    12:01 Shingo wait, what?
    12:01 Shingo Why are you so dead set on voting for Endymion
    12:02 Vacuus Kario: If I'm mayor you won't be lynched tonight anyway
    12:03 kario wait i change
    12:03 Vacuus I suspect you of being infected, and hence if you're lynched the Aer becomes infected
    12:03 Vacuus But maybe you're not, I don't know
    12:03 Vacuus Can't risk it at the moment
    12:03 kario even i don't know!
    12:03 Vacuus XD

As I said, if Shingo is the *real* seer (and he isn't), he should scan me tonight and confirm his suspicions. On top of that, he should recall his vote against Kario until the Aer has taken on another role. Doesn't look like either of those are happening, not that we'd have any proof if they did.
    #
    Kario 13 years ago
    when i come on irc everyone starts chatting about ww8
    #
    Endymion 13 years ago
    "Vacuus" said:
    (conversation is still going, the entire thing will be on Amarth's website anyway:
    Actually no it won't be since apparently Hambot is in cyrogenic storage until Amart's internet gets fixed. Which might take one more week or something(it's already taken about two weeks).
    #
    Shingo 13 years ago
    "Vacuus" said:
    Taken out of context, the entire log up until now (conversation is still going, the entire thing will be on Amarth's website anyway:

kario	vacuus you're the angel aren't you?
    11:51 Vacuus Nope, I'm the CWV, as I said
    11:52 Shingo [censored].
    11:52 Shingo You are the VI or a wolf.
    11:52 Vacuus Lynch me and find out or shut it
    11:52 kario vi?
    11:52 Shingo Village Idiot
    11:52 Shingo See?
    11:52 Shingo Look at that behavior
    11:52 kario we could always get amarth.
    11:53 Vacuus Day isn't finished if you want to cast a lynch vote...
    11:53 kario i did i did
    11:53 kario [i]i did[i]
    11:54 kario narvius
    11:54 Vacuus Talking to Shingo, he 's constantly coming out with "impostor!" or "Vi/Wolf!" without actually doing anything to prove he's the seer
    11:55 kario mageking what is the score for lynch and mayor?
    11:55 Shingo And what are you doing to prove that you're not the imposter that you are?
    11:55 Vacuus How can I? It's up to the real seer to contact other people they've scanned
    11:55 Vacuus And stop saying impostor, it's getting irritating
    11:56 Vacuus We both know you're full of it
    11:56 Vacuus And you're only drawing attention to yourself
    11:56 MageKing17 kario: I'm not tallying the votes until the day ends.
    11:56 MageKing17 If you want to know the current standing, you'll have to count them yourself.
    11:56 Shingo It's irritating to me that you persist in your lie.
    11:57 kario shingo you just posted checking it out...
    11:57 Vacuus See what I mean? It's constantly "impostor" or "liar" without any sort of strategy to prove otherwise
    11:58 Shingo I have repeatedly explained my strategy to prove otherwise.
    11:58 Shingo Your complte and utter disregard for it astounds me.
    11:58 Vacuus Care to do so again?
    11:58 kario yo endy!
    11:58 Endymion yo?
    11:58 Endymion [TITLE: TAS Castlevania 64 N64 in 45:39 by Slash Star Dash VIEWS: 118206 FAVES: 216 RATING: 4 RATERS: 275 UPLOADED: webnations ] [TITLE: TAS Castlevania 64 N64 in 45:39 by Slash Star Dash VIEWS: 118206 FAVES: 216 RATING: 4 RATERS: 275 UPLOADED: webnations ]
    11:59 kario isn't it fun to watch them fight?
    11:59 Endymion I suppose
    11:59 kario endymion i have the game
    11:59 Shingo Why would I repeat myself yet again, after I just commented on your complete disregard for my argument?
    11:59 Endymion cool
    11:59 Vacuus Because you have no [censored] strategy
    11:59 kario why don't you guys team up
    12:00 Vacuus Because he's infected
    12:00 Shingo I do too have a [censored] strategy.
    12:00 Shingo And I'm not infected.
    12:00 Vacuus Or the VI
    12:00 Shingo I am, as I have repeated on many sundry occasions, the Seer.
    12:00 Vacuus No, you are not
    12:00 Vacuus Scan me tonight if you are
    12:00 Shingo Of course I am.
    12:00 kario haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    12:01 Shingo Why would I allow my agenda to be determiend by a potential infected/VI?
    12:01 Vacuus Because then you'd know if I was the VI or infected, if you are the seer
    12:01 kario vote for endymion not for vacuus
    12:01 kario i might be lynched
    12:01 Shingo wait, what?
    12:01 Shingo Why are you so dead set on voting for Endymion
    12:02 Vacuus Kario: If I'm mayor you won't be lynched tonight anyway
    12:03 kario wait i change
    12:03 Vacuus I suspect you of being infected, and hence if you're lynched the Aer becomes infected
    12:03 Vacuus But maybe you're not, I don't know
    12:03 Vacuus Can't risk it at the moment
    12:03 kario even i don't know!
    12:03 Vacuus XD

As I said, if Shingo is the *real* seer (and he isn't), he should scan me tonight and confirm his suspicions. On top of that, he should recall his vote against Kario until the Aer has taken on another role. Doesn't look like either of those are happening, not that we'd have any proof if they did.

I fail to see what including the rest of the IRC chat logs does to change the fact that you dared me to Lynch you. Attempting to lynch you is bad for me in almost every scenario.

1. You were the village idiot, and I have been lured into getting you lynched.
    2. You weren't actually lying about being the CWV, and you will kill me out of vengeance.
    3. You are a silly but innocent village-aligned role, and have gotten yourself killed.
    4. You are a wolf, and what in this case would be a bluff, has backfired on you. <-- The only good scenario for me.

To continue, let's examine the idea of the Aer, shall we? Irregardless of which role dies first, the Aer will replace that role. I fail to understand how it makes such a huge difference to you which role dies first. No matter what happens, it will be the exact same outcome.

3 wolves, 8 Non-Wolves which includes one Aer.
    A WOLF HAS BEEN KILLED!
    The Aer has replaced the Wolf. We are left with: 3 wolves, 7 non-wolves no longer including the Aer.

Starting over:

A NON-WOLF HAS BEEN KILLED!
    The Aer has replaced the non-Wolf. We are left with: 3 wolves, 7 non-wolves no longer including the Aer.
    #
    Anarion 13 years ago
    "Shingo" said:

To continue, let's examine the idea of the Aer, shall we? Irregardless of which role dies first, the Aer will replace that role. I fail to understand how it makes such a huge difference to you which role dies first. No matter what happens, it will be the exact same outcome.

A WOLF HAS BEEN KILLED!
    The Aer has replaced the Wolf. We are left with: 3 wolves, 7 non-wolves no longer including the Aer.

Starting over:

The Aer has replaced the non-Wolf. We are left with: 3 wolves, 7 non-wolves no longer including the Aer.
    Or....

NO-ONE HAS BEEN LYNCHED!
    The Aer has replaced no-one. We are left with 3 wolves, 8 non-wolves including the Aer.

This is what I was talking about earlier when I said not lynching anyone would benefit the villagers. Currently I'm suspicious of anyone still attempting to lynch.
    #
    Vacuus 13 years ago
    "Anarion" said:
    "Shingo" said:

A WOLF HAS BEEN KILLED!

Starting over:

Or....

NO-ONE HAS BEEN LYNCHED!
    The Aer has replaced no-one. We are left with 3 wolves, 8 non-wolves including the Aer.

This is what I was talking about earlier when I said not lynching anyone would benefit the villagers. Currently I'm suspicious of anyone still attempting to lynch.

Exactly what I mean, not lynching anyone is the smartest thing for us to do at the moment.

That, and if we lynch a suspect (Kario, for example) and they turn out to be infected then we don't kill a wolf (as the Aer takes their role) and we lose one more suspect. Of course, people are paranoid and there will always be more suspects but as we have a relatively strong reason to suspect Kario (that is, Shingo is either the seer and has scanned him or is infected and wants to kill his brethren to gain our trust) and as such we're better off keeping him around until we know he'll stay dead, so to speak. We don't know who the Aer is, so if they become infected then we're ultimately suffering because of it.

I'm surprised how stupid you're being about this, Shingo. I've explained it to you time and time again, been as clear as possible and you still refuse to acknowledge that it's a bad idea to be lynching now - several others have done the same here and still you wont budge. I still haven't seen this 'master plan' of yours, either.

I'm not buying that you revealed yourself (despite the 'big risk') so that the doppelganger could 'copy you' (and likely also become infected if I'm right) even though you'll 'probably be killed'. It's convenient how you had a discussion on IRC about coming out and saying you're the seer before doing so, along with everything else. As everyone else involved in that conversation said, it's a stupid idea. Odds are high that the seer would be killed that night unless protected by the angel, but there is no guarantee of that regardless. That is of course unless you're infected yourself and at no risk of being killed at all.

Don't tell me that you 'did it for the team', either - everyone is in this game to win, no-one likes being killed (except the VI) and unable to discuss the game. I'd have to be naive in the extreme to believe otherwise.

Regardless of what we do, someone will die tonight {most likely} and the Aer will take that role. That is a large part of why we're better off not lynching today.

Don't know what else I can say, really. Let's hope the day is over soon so we can get on with things.
    #
    Amarth 13 years ago
    You guys are all three days behind. Of course it would be better not to lynch but we HAVE to lynch. Neither kario nor Shingo will retract their votes. And Vacuus has the right idea: if we lynch kario (almost certainly a wolf) the Aer will take over the wolf and we won't know anymore who it was, so we lose information. If we lynch a villager that doesn't matter as much.

So: it's better not to lynch, but IF we have to lynch, it's better to lynch a villager. This round only, obviously.

Threfore I would propose to lynch Narvius. The suspicion of him being wolf or VI are low. If he's Aer, it doesn't matter. The worst that can happen to us is that he is a role that has night-information which we lose (Seer, Finder, Cupid, Angel), but maybe some-one else already has the information.

Like I said earlier, lynching Murska might be a better idea (he certainly has no information we might lose, IF he's the dopple) but he might be deceiving us. And swaying the vote to Narvius might be easier anyway.
    #
    Amarth 13 years ago
    So I don't want to edit my post but no-one else posted but hey whatever I'll vote for Narvius for lynch. No vote for mayor.

I think there's less than 10 hours left in this day, so if you haven't voted or still want to express your opinion, now is the time.
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    I would have a lot to talk about right now, but I'll try to be brief. Time is short.

First of all, Kario isn't just suspicious. He's totally in for being lynched in favour of the infected. In addition, Vacuus made Shingo's strange behaviour quite clear at the moment.
    Kario shouldn't be lynched as an infected this round, so I'l counter that as well.

Since I have to choose a side, I will. I vote Vacuus for mayor and Narvius for lynch.
    #
    Vacuus 13 years ago
    Rightio, in that case I retain my vote for myself (Vacuus) as mayor and vote to Lynch Narvius.
    #
    Grim Reaper 13 years ago
    Bandwagons are fun!

Vacuus for Mayor!
    Narvius to the gallows!
    #
    Endymion 13 years ago
    I think there's less than 10 hours left in this day,
    you mean less than 20?
    Nightfall is at 12:00 AM GMT on September 24th
    or wait that means midday right?
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    By 12:00 AM MageKing17 probably meant 12:00 PM. It's 12:00 in 24-hour format.
    #
    Amarth 13 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    Eh, knowing MageKing, no he probably didn't. That would be about 5 AM local time for him.
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    "Amarth" said:
    "E_net4" said:
    Eh, knowing MageKing, no he probably didn't. That would be about 5 AM local time for him.
    Well then we should poke MK.
    #
    Anarion 13 years ago
    Oh well.....Lynch Narvius.

It's been an interesting day....
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    "Anarion" said:
    It's been an interesting day....
    Yes, this is very uncommon.

...Alright, enough of OC talking for now.
    #
    Murska 13 years ago
    Guys. I'm the Doppleganger. Thus, everyone gets notified if I turn into a wolf, according to the rules. Therefore, I'm 100% not infected until MK says I've been infected.

Anyway, one thing I picked up on with Vacuus. We're all in this for our team to win. Nobody particularly likes to die, but everyone should be perfectly willing to sacrifice themselves for their team. Anyone who picks themselves and their own survival over the win chances of their team is actually hurting their team, and therefore should not be allowed to play anyway. After all, you play a game to win and the win condition is to get rid of the other team, not to survive.
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    "Murska" said:
    After all, you play a game to win and the win condition is to get rid of the other team, not to survive.
    Unless we have a mixed pair link. But you are completely right.
    #
    Vacuus 13 years ago
    "Murska" said:
    Guys. I'm the Doppleganger. Thus, everyone gets notified if I turn into a wolf, according to the rules. Therefore, I'm 100% not infected until MK says I've been infected.

Anyway, one thing I picked up on with Vacuus. We're all in this for our team to win. Nobody particularly likes to die, but everyone should be perfectly willing to sacrifice themselves for their team. Anyone who picks themselves and their own survival over the win chances of their team is actually hurting their team, and therefore should not be allowed to play anyway. After all, you play a game to win and the win condition is to get rid of the other team, not to survive.

Win condition for me is to stay in the game and to get rid of the opposing team. Don't be telling me you'd happily off yourself now so that the villagers could win the game in another three weeks.
    #
    Forum » Werewolf 8 - The Experiment
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: