Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Werewolf 9 - So this physicist walks into the h-bar...
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Werewolf 9 - So this physicist walks into the h-bar...

MageKing17 13 years ago
    "Kario" said:
    MAGEKING BECAUSE HE'S TRUSTWORTHY AND LYNCH SPEEDBLADE BECUZ I LOOKED AT ALL OF THE EVIDENCE AND HAVE CUNCLUDED HIM TO BE THE BAD GUY.
    DON;T GET MAD AT ME SPEEDBLADE
    Turn. Capslock. Off.

Seriously.
    #
    Vacuus 13 years ago
    I actually thought it was quite entertaining written in caps like that.
    #
    speedblade 13 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    I vote to lynch speedblade as he was stupid enough to misunderstand the board.
    "MageKing17" said:
    I vote to lynch speedblade, for trying to lynch me based on extremely dodgy logic.
    "Amarth" said:
    Anyway, lynch speedblade because it really doesn't matter at this point.
    "Kario" said:
    LYNCH SPEEDBLADE BECUZ I LOOKED AT ALL OF THE EVIDENCE AND HAVE CUNCLUDED HIM TO BE THE BAD GUY.

Fuck...
    #
    Kario 13 years ago
    out of all of this i kinda feel sad for speedblade because he wanted to play in the next ww and now everybody wants him out due to his illogical logic.
    also no caps happy mageking?
    #
    speedblade 13 years ago
    Well actually, I knew well of what I was doing: Immediately talking like a corrupt politician and standing out like that is going to get you lynched. No one even knows if he himself is assigned good or evil. Subconsciously, they assume that the posts reveal the player's alignment. They just decide to lynch the player, because it won't be suspicious to do so, and because this forum has an odd fondness for bandwagons.

Suicide by politics! Suck on that Amarth. (You too Narvius.)

P.S. As a parting word, you guys trust MageKing just cause he's a moderator of that stupid video game forum, I'd be careful.
    #
    Anarion 13 years ago
    "Kario" said:
    MAGEKING BECAUSE HE'S TRUSTWORTHY
    No he's not.

None of us are.

"Kario" said:
    LYNCH SPEEDBLADE BECUZ I LOOKED AT ALL OF THE EVIDENCE AND HAVE CUNCLUDED HIM TO BE THE BAD GUY.
    What evidence? No-one knows if they're evil or not yet, so how can there be evidence? Basically you mean you looked at what everyone else was saying and decided to agree with them.
    #
    MageKing17 13 years ago
    "Kario" said:
    out of all of this i kinda feel sad for speedblade because he wanted to play in the next ww and now everybody wants him out due to his illogical logic.
    also no caps happy mageking?
    I'm never happy. Also, you didn't capitalize the starts of your setences.

"speedblade" said:
    P.S. As a parting word, you guys trust MageKing just cause he's a moderator of that stupid video game forum, I'd be careful.
    I'm what?
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    "speedblade" said:
    Dude, Amarth makes the rules. You can NOT suicide, that's final.
    #
    Amarth 13 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    "speedblade" said:
    This is not suicide by politics, it's simply an unfortunate accident.

And people who try to suicide (*cough*Narvius*cough*) will be appropriately dealt with. No-one will notice if the probabilities shift a little, right?
    #
    speedblade 13 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    "speedblade" said:
    Roll for Detect Humiliation.

Ooh, a 1.
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    "speedblade" said:
    "E_net4" said:
    "speedblade" said:
    Roll for Detect Humiliation.

Ooh, a 1.
    Well, screw you. I'm not gonna play your game. Just die already.
    #
    Amarth 13 years ago
    Ah, those cursed corridors. You are already late for the last lecture of the day. Everything looking exactly the same around here is not helping. You run. You don't want to miss this one. Room 2.71.8, it has to be up the stairs here and... Yes. You quietly open the door. Everyone is here already, the lecture has just begun. There are still some chairs free, you quickly seat yourself on the one closest to the door, near the back of the audience.

"...and as you can see, by Fatou's lemma this function is indefinitely integrable. This, my dear colleagues, ends the proof of my method. Any questions?"
    Everyone is silent, trying to think of the implications of the exotic ideas presented here. The maths seem right, but what does it all mean?
    "Now, enough about theory. I have about fifteen minutes left. I am sure everyone has seen the table in the main lecture hall. If we fill in the values, we can simplify here..."
    Yes. It is all so obvious now.
    "... and the only conclusion we can make from this is that MageKing17 will be our new mayor and Speedblade should die. No more questions? I thank you for your attention."
    Speedblade disappears in a puff of logic.

The votes:
    Lynch
    Anarion: Endymion
    Endymion: Anarion
    Kario: Grim
    MageKing: Speedblade
    Speedblade: E_net4, Kario, MageKing17, Murska, Vacuus
    Some kind of idiot: himself

Mayor
    Grim Reaper: Grim Reaper
    E_net4: E_net4
    MageKing17: Anarion, Kario, MageKing17
    Murska: Endymion, Murska
    Narvius: Narvius
    Speedblade: Speedblade

Speedblade dies, he was a Villager.
    MageKing17 becomes Mayor.

It is now night until Monday evening-ish GMT. Remember that everyone can use a Seer and Wolf action.
    #
    Amarth 13 years ago
    It's crazy. It's insane. You knew it was like this in the back of your head all the time. The classic equations didn't work out. The system was internally consistent, sure. The world could go on forever without werewolves. But then the experiments came up. The double-slitted throat experiment. The wolf-in-the-box. Schrödinger's wolf, they called that one. Because he came up with the idea. It was the most horrible thing you ever witnessed.

And now you can't even be sure about yourself. One moment, you are a simple physicist, thinking about these equations and what they mean. And then, you feel another force taking over, the werewolf force. At other times, it seems like you have perfect insight in the world. It is hard to focus with all these worlds, all these universes crashing into each other. Your dreams are more confusing than ever. It seems like the dreams of other people are pouring into your head, you see people you never met before, do things you'd never do on your own. What is going on?

You wake up, more tired than you were before you went to sleep. Breakfast is not important, you rush to the main hall. And, sure enough, on the blackboard:
    Player  Good     Evil    Dead   
    1 64.07% 35.93% 17.42%
    2 100.00% 0.00% 100.00%
    3 72.60% 27.40% 30.67%
    4 68.06% 31.94% 18.33%
    5 62.61% 37.39% 0.00%
    6 69.33% 30.67% 8.89%
    7 66.79% 33.21% 8.89%
    8 74.77% 25.23% 15.06%
    9 64.61% 35.39% 10.89%
    10 57.17% 42.83% 0.00%
    Numbers. Numbers numbers numbers. Numbers numbers numbers numbers numbers numbers numbers numbers. They're just numbers.

Dusk on Friday, 23h59 GMT.
    #
    Endymion 13 years ago
    Hmm it seems that I have become less dead. Does that mean speedblade tried to kill me?
    #
    Kario 13 years ago
    Well as it turns out I am not the wolf because i tried to kill someone and it didn't work.
    I am also partly dead and without trying to reveal who i am the deadest player.
    #
    Anarion 13 years ago
    "Kario" said:
    Well as it turns out I am not the wolf because i tried to kill someone and it didn't work.
    Which doesn't actually mean for sure that you're not a wolf.

"Kario" said:
    I am also partly dead
    Join the club.

"Kario" said:
    and without trying to reveal who i am the deadest player.
    ...which would reveal you as player 3, who is the most dead.
    #
    Endymion 13 years ago
    "Kario" said:
    You mean his chance of being dead didn't go up?

"Anraion" said:
    "Kario" said:
    and without trying to reveal who i am the deadest player.
    ...which would reveal you as player 3, who is the most dead.
    You mean player 2?
    #
    Murska 13 years ago
    Okay, our main goal right now is to figure out who is Player 10.

He hasn't been targeted at all, by anyone. Who do you think that might be?
    #
    Narvius 13 years ago
    Vacuus, I'd guess.
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    "kario" said:
    That actually just kills that player in the universes you could kill, as far as I got this right.
    "Narvius" said:
    Vacuus, I'd guess.
    That's nothing but a lame bet.
    Well, what else can we point to?
    #
    MageKing17 13 years ago
    There are two players that haven't been attacked, 5 and 10. So even if we went through every person everyone has attacked, we wouldn't know who player 10 was. Also, we wouldn't know who was lying.
    #
    Narvius 13 years ago
    I hereby claim to be player #9.
    Furthermore, I think that either Kario or MK may be #1 or #8, although I can't say for sure, too many variables.
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    If kario really is one of the most "dead" entities, (without being totally dead) then he ought to be number 3. What makes you think of that?
    #
    MageKing17 13 years ago
    "Narvius" said:
    I hereby claim to be player #9.
    Furthermore, I think that either Kario or MK may be #1 or #8, although I can't say for sure, too many variables.
    I'm not sure what the advantage to disclosing player number is, but until someone convinces me to reveal my number, I'll just say I'm not #1 or #8.
    #
    speedblade 13 years ago
    Since I am dead, I'll leave the finger-pointing to you guys. And I don't think I'm allowed to tell whom I targeted.
    #
    Kario 13 years ago
    I am player #3 also i can tell you who i tried to lynch if you want it p.s not lying
    speed blade stop posting you are dead! (wow talking to a dead person)
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    To some extent, yes. speedblade, you're dead, your opinions, thoughts and mind resolutions are obsolete. You shouldn't have said a word.
    #
    Vacuus 13 years ago
    "speedblade" said:
    -> The greater the probability of one being evil, the greater the impact of his attacks on death probabilities. (This also affects all past attacks.)
    I don't think that's strictly true, recall that only one wolf (unless I forgot something; which is bloody likely considering the amount of alcohol I've consumed lately) in any given universe has the ability to kill someone in said universe ('dominant wolf', initially the alpha wolf). A higher percentage could simply mean that you're a beta wolf etc in those cases with no actual killing power. It's unlikely sure, but I think it's still something to keep in mind.

In any case, I don't see the point in revealing my number either but I will say that I am not player 10.
    #
    speedblade 13 years ago
    I'm just talking about how the game works, not about what should be done in various situations. Debating about weather or not you could (rather than should) 'jump over' other pieces while moving in an ongoing chess game is perfectly fine, unless you want players to have an unfair advantage over another just because the comprehension of the rules vary between each person.

And there are players here who don't fully understand how this game works.

Italics are used to speak as yourself, not the character. So unless this universe where I type on this keyboard collapsed, I am existent, alive, and well enough to speak.

So I don't see anything illegal with my post. True, I should have used 'Dead Player X' instead of myself, but who's the only dead person that people will think of at this point?
    #
    Endymion 13 years ago
    I suppose I might as well say that I'm number 6 and have attacked mageking so his claim of not being number 10 would be true.
    #
    Murska 13 years ago
    So, what do we have.

1 64.07% 35.93% 17.42% Not MK?
    2 100.00% 0.00% 100.00% - Speedblade
    3 72.60% 27.40% 30.67% - Kario
    4 68.06% 31.94% 18.33%
    5 62.61% 37.39% 0.00% Not MK?
    6 69.33% 30.67% 8.89% - Endymion
    7 66.79% 33.21% 8.89%
    8 74.77% 25.23% 15.06% Not MK?
    9 64.61% 35.39% 10.89% - Narvius
    10 57.17% 42.83% 0.00% - Not Vacuus or MK?

Meaning Mageking would have to be 7 or 4, amirite? Have I missed something?
    #
    speedblade 13 years ago
    Random Post
    #
    Amarth 13 years ago
    Speedblade.

You are dead in 100% of the universes. Be silent.

Keep your analysis for after the game, please. I'm sorry if this seems stupid or anything but I really can't tolerate this. This is the way Werewolf works. Once you are dead, you don't say a word about the game. No "but this is neutral information" exceptions. It's part of the fairplay of Werewolf.

It is not your job to educate the players about this game. Let them find out for themselves. Double the fun. Laugh when they go wrong, as I do.
    #
    Kario 13 years ago
    i agree with amarth about this speedblade shhh!
    also i tried to kill narvius and grim i've seered narvius (which is good)
    and seered MageKing17 (EVIL) my seers may not be accurate
    #
    speedblade 13 years ago
    Sorry about the speaking after death part, saying you could talk out-of-character after death of said character seemed valid to me, I didn't fully understand the rule (so laugh at that).

I thought we came here to play a real game, rather than a fancy coin-flipping team game where you don't even know what team you're on or what side of the coin turned up, so I tried to make it a little bit more of a game (and tried to understand how it works at the same time).

Yes, its the players' free time, so they get to decide what to do with it, but I doubt they knew what they were voting for at the polls other than game theme.

Sorry If I ruined anything, although doing that (intentionally or unintentionally) seems impossible to do in any way other than lynching and electing.

P.S. I just realized that I posted my 100th post in this topic after 5 years!!!
    #
    Forum » Werewolf 9 - So this physicist walks into the h-bar...
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: