Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Neptune's Pride game!
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Neptune's Pride game!

Amarth 13 years ago
    ATTENTION
    Anyone who wants to join the UBERCOOL Monkkonen.net Neptune's Pride game, which btw is COMPLETELY AWESOME, answer here! This to prevent further thread pollution of the new gaming thread and to keep it all a bit structured.

What is Neptune's Pride? It's a conceptually simple realtime but slow 4X game, with the twist that only one player can win and all alliances are on honor only - there's nothing ingame to force or prevent you from helping or betraying the other players. Webite, review, report of a playthrough. You need a Google account to play but that shouldn't be a problem right?

IMPORTANT!
    Note that a games of NP will easily take a month, with enough players probably more. If there is a high probability you cannot make it to a computer with Internet access and Flash support for 3 consecutive days during the next two months, do not apply. I will rephrase for lesser intelligence: do not leave during game! Game is long! If leave you, we mad and kill your mommy! Also, no more games for you! Life can happen for everyone, of course, but try not to ruin it too much for everyone else if you can prevent it.

Come on guys! It's going to be legen... wait for it...

EDIT: player list: Shingo, Murska, Endymion, Narvius, Kario, Crazy, Amarth.

EDIT EDIT: if anyone still want to join, I'll try to set the game up around Wednesday evening GMT. Can't do it now as I need to play more oldies before I can buy credits >.<
    #
    Murska 13 years ago
    I'm in.
    #
    Endymion 13 years ago
    I'm in now that I'm slightly less obsessed with Haven & Hearth.
    #
    Narvius 13 years ago
    I probably has them innage. I'm home by saturday, and I doubt that the game will start before that (I mean, with our epic organizational skillz.)
    #
    MageKing17 13 years ago
    I don't think I can stay on consecutively long enough. I have a very unpredictable schedule. I'm sure you guys will have an awesome game, though!

...dary!
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    "Amarth" said:
    ATTENTION
    Anyone who wants to join the UBERCOOL Monkkonen.net Neptune's Pride game, which btw is COMPLETELY AWESOME, answer here! This to prevent further thread pollution of the new gaming thread and to keep it all a bit structured.

What is Neptune's Pride? It's a conceptually simple realtime but slow 4X game, with the twist that only one player can win and all alliances are on honor only - there's nothing ingame to force or prevent you from helping or betraying the other players. Webite, review, report of a playthrough. You need a Google account to play but that shouldn't be a problem right?

IMPORTANT!
    Note that a games of NP will easily take a month, with enough players probably more. If there is a high probability you cannot make it to a computer with Internet access and Flash support for 3 consecutive days during the next two months, do not apply. I will rephrase for lesser intelligence: do not leave during game! Game is long! If leave you, we mad and kill your mommy! Also, no more games for you! Life can happen for everyone, of course, but try not to ruin it too much for everyone else if you can prevent it.

Come on guys! It's going to be legen... wait for it...

"Amarth" said:

"Amarth" said:
    [size=150]- there's nothing ingame to force or prevent you from helping or betraying the other players. Webite, review, report of a playthrough.[/size]
    "Amarth" said:
    Webite
    #
    Amarth 13 years ago
    Ibite, youbite, webite. What's your problem?
    #
    Kario 13 years ago
    "Endymion" said:
    I'm in now that I'm slightly less obsessed with Haven & Hearth.
    probably because of the lag.makes me hate it too
    i'm in.
    edit:Is it the game i'm joining free.
    #
    Endymion 13 years ago
    By slightly I meant that I no longer feel the burning need to be on every minute I'm awake. It doesn't mean I like it any less.

Also what about Blight of the Immortals? It has some sort of turn-based option but has randomness and isn't as simple.
    #
    Amarth 13 years ago
    "Kario" said:
    edit:Is it the game i'm joining free.
    What is this I don't even

You'll get a PM from me when we're ready to start. Will not be before next tuesday or something like that, I need to give everyone some time to answer here and I don't have time to look at everything needed right now.
    #
    Crazy 13 years ago
    I am indeed quite "in" as they say on the street, though i'm not sure how well the three-day-thing might work out since at some point i may have to move in search of the wooly mammoth.
    #
    Amarth 13 years ago
    I think that qualifies as 'life can happen'.
    #
    Endymion 13 years ago
    Also from what I've seen so far you might be able to be away even for a week or so without anything super awful happening, but it is very situational. ie. you can easily plot a route that takes about 5 days for your troops to through but sadly there are speed upgrades that reduce the travel time and such so later on it might be more damaging.
    #
    Amarth 13 years ago
    It's mostly because once you are away for a while an AI takes over your duties. The AI being somewhat passive. Also people get notified of this and might decide to take advantage of the fact that you're simply not going to provide a tough defense, which makes the game pretty unbalanced.

Of course, there's always some self-balancing involved because of alliances forming and breaking to keep the biggest ones down, but it's still more fun if everyone stays ingame.

So, Murska, Endymion, Narvius, Kario, Crazy, me. That's enough people for me, of course more is better, but we'll definitely do this. If I missed anyone or of anyone still wants to join, there's still time.
    #
    Amarth 13 years ago
    Shingo also seems to be in. Unless I misunderstood him. Or it's a clever ploy to make me think he is in which he will then use to win some game we are playing on the previous dream level or something.
    #
    Narvius 13 years ago
    Which obviously would be a clever ploy by MK to win the current game three dream levels up.

Two levels up there's only the windfish that is dreaming up the first one up.
    #
    Crazy 13 years ago
    Yes, well, can we get on with the ploys in this dream level and start the game soon-ish? I'm going to see Tron: Legacy now and as i've heard i'm going to be needing some comforting once i'm done.
    #
    MageKing17 13 years ago
    "Narvius" said:
    Which obviously would be a clever ploy by MK to win the current game three dream levels up.
    Ha ha. What is this "ploy" you speak of? Why, I would never do that.

Ever.

Never ever.
    #
    Pete 13 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    "Narvius" said:

Ever.

Never ever.
    For some reason I was incredibly dissapointed there was no invisible text underneath that.
    #
    MageKing17 13 years ago
    "Pete" said:
    "MageKing17" said:
    "Narvius" said:

Ever.

Never ever.
    For some reason I was incredibly dissapointed there was no invisible text underneath that.
    Why, that would imply I had something to hide.

Which I obviously don't.
    #
    Narvius 13 years ago
    Of course not! We're all perfectly lawful citizen of this realm with no hidden plans or anything weird like that.

"Pete" said:
    "Pete" said:
    incredibly dissapointed
    "Pete" said:
    dissapointed

I wanted to do this for a long time. Please forgive me.

By the way, I've been digging through the bay-twelvean other games forum section and found Aurora, dubbed the "Dwarf Fortress of 4X games". That is, supposed extreme depth coupled with a factually ugly UI.
    Just a random idea @Multiplayage.
    #
    Pete 13 years ago
    I knew those squiggly lines were trying to tell me something...
    #
    Anonymous1157 13 years ago
    It sounds like someone was trying to insult you by promoting you to a position in your career that you were not going to enjoy. Diss-appointment, get it?

As far as the actual topic goes, Real Life is an ass for me, so I couldn't possibly play a game that lasts several months. It does look like fun, though, and if you guys plan to keep everyone that isn't playing updated, I'd read it.
    #
    Murska 13 years ago
    Maybe we can do something similar to that thing in the thing in the post, everyone writing our own viewpoint and then adding them together once the game's finished.
    #
    Narvius 13 years ago
    Plus a public, factual description of what's happening every few days.

And I thought; how about adding some flavor political background? We all form some kind of completely unnecessary galactical council of democratic awesomeness, everyone can throw out votes and crap like that, and so on, with elected leader and stuff. Of course "obligatory", as in everone does what he wants anyways, it's just to give a little background for in-character "diaries".
    #
    Amarth 13 years ago
    Yeah, we probably don't want everyone discussing their plans in public. Keeping a sort of diary which we merge and post later on would be fun though. A thread where the objective information (map, stats) is posted and people can discuss in-character is pretty obligatory too.

I'll probably write a little program to keep track of the map as I don't think it's possible to easily export it. Might take a look at the data about stars/ships/etc, I guess that can be extracted from the stats page quite easily. It's Python time!

[EDIT] From the Facebook page, titled "Brilliant RP idea": All players must use Google translate from English>random language>random language>English when communicating.

That would be awesome, but maybe not for the first game.
    #
    Pete 13 years ago
    Observer ready.

Mmm, popcorn! *munch munch*
    #
    Endymion 13 years ago
    And it begins.
    #
    Crazy 13 years ago
    Indeed. And it is awesome. I hope everyone is busily making logs and shit which we'll ba able to share later.

My first one came to 87 words and had two pretty pictures that were pretty.
    #
    Murska 13 years ago
    Damn, I was late at starting.

Well, mine won't have pictures but I'll write up my thoughts on the game. Which are easily summed up right now.

I started in the middle. Crap.
    #
    Crazy 13 years ago
    So Amarth did this really nice thing and made this game; the minimum amount you can pay for NP credits is about 15 EUR.

There's 6 of us playing besides Amarth, so if we could wire him 2,(142857) EUR each, it would... uh... well, i'm not sure why we should do it, but i think we should.

Amarth said he isn't much interested in getting anything back, but i don't think we should let the likes of him stop us from giving him any money.

(He also noted that it would be nice if we could give him enough money to buy a comp capable of running Magicka - a total of 1700 EUR. Ha, ha, Amarth.)
    #
    Amarth 13 years ago
    Err!

Seriously, 2.(stuffles) euro is barely worth it. You'll pay more in various costs than you would return to me. Also, I only used a quarter of that to pay for this game. Drop it.

If you insist, you could always give me stuff on Steam or GOG or something I guess. That might be the cheapest and most fun way.

Or come over to here and buy me a beer. That might be even more fun. But probably more expensive in total.
    #
    MageKing17 13 years ago
    "Crazy" said:
    (He also noted that it would be nice if we could give him enough money to buy a comp capable of running Magicka - a total of 1700 EUR. Ha, ha, Amarth.)
    1700 EUR would buy a computer for much more than just Magicka.

"Amarth" said:
    Or come over to here and buy me a beer. That might be even more fun. But probably more expensive in total.
    Hey, I know! Everybody donate 1700 EUR to me so I can fly over and buy Amarth a beer.
    #
    Murska 13 years ago
    Everyone donate some techs and a few hundred cash for me so I don't get squeezed in between all of you.
    #
    Crazy 13 years ago
    Well, I wasn't attacking you. I already told you I was interested in attacking Shingo, not you. Amarth is fighting Endymion, so he's not going to attack you. Shingo went under and won't attack you. 3 of your 4 neighbors had no interest in fighting you. Narvius was idle-y as well, making him somewhat of a tasty target.

But no. You had to go and attack me. Now I'm going to have to crush your puny space-feudalism experiment and your psintegrates and then you'll just have to crawl back into your shell and admit that you were defeated by a race that has a toiletbrush for a face.
    #
    Forum » Neptune's Pride game!
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: