Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Notrium for iOS???

Notrium for iOS???

TommyJr 13 years ago
Hey guys I was just wondering if you have ever thought about porting notrium over to iOS or if it is even possible? I think the game could work great on the iPad due to it's large screen! I don't think there is any game on the app store that's anything like notrium and I'm sure it will do well!

Just a thought...let me know what you think
#
MageKing17 13 years ago
"TommyJr" said:
Hey guys I was just wondering if you have ever thought about porting notrium over to iOS or if it is even possible?
It's not even remotely possible until/unless Ville releases the Notrium source code; and even if he does, what, exactly, would be the point? Have you considered the number of keys that are required to play Notrium?
#
TommyJr 13 years ago
Relax I was just asking...
But obviously it wouldnt be a direct port..all items are still accessible through the eqiupment menu but maybe have some quick use of items onscreen..and you could control it by virtual d pad or what ever and maybe tap to shoot/interact..just saying
#
MageKing17 13 years ago
Two words: tactile feedback.
#
E_net4 13 years ago
He's right, and iPod-like system wouldn't have enough keys for input. Keep it on your PC, please.
#
TommyJr 13 years ago
Your right I would never work on the iPod but the iPad it could...it's not like the game is unplayable without hotkeys..and I'm sure there is a away to compensate for it...but ok I'll leave it at that...theres no harm in asking..
#
Narvius 13 years ago
"TommyJr" said:
theres no harm in asking..
Remember that this ancient rule does not apply in them internetz ;D
#
Pete 13 years ago
"Narvius" said:
"TommyJr" said:
theres no harm in asking..
Remember that this ancient rule does not apply in them internetz ;D
He is quite correct. Look to my right, youll see a pool off blood. Its where the puppy used to sit before your innocent question made his head spontaneously explode. The internet is dangerous stuff, kids!
#
Anonymous1157 13 years ago
Never mind what you guys are saying. I'm just a little angry that iSheep want EVERYTHING to run on their iPad/pod/pud/pid/ped/et cetera.
#
Pete 13 years ago
Hey, if you bought a shiny, overpriced portable picture frame that cost more than a actual computer, you would want it to be the miracle machine, too.
#
TommyJr 13 years ago
Haters gunna hate....
#
MageKing17 13 years ago
"TommyJr" said:
Haters gunna hate....
Haters wanna hate.
#
E_net4 13 years ago
"MageKing17" said:
"TommyJr" said:
Haters gunna hate....
Haters wanna hate.
Haters have-'n-excuse-ta hate.
#
MageKing17 13 years ago
"E_net4" said:
"MageKing17" said:
"TommyJr" said:
Haters gunna hate....
Haters wanna hate.
Haters have-'n-excuse-ta hate.
Haters gotta hate!
#
E_net4 13 years ago
"MageKing17" said:
Haters needa hate!

You may embed only 3 quotes within each other.

Crap.
#
Anonymous1157 13 years ago
"E_net4" said:
"MageKing17" said:
Haters needa hate!

Crap.
The civilized are very well obliged to make distasteful remarks of the barbarians!

(Wow, that was almost better than the one for ROFLMAO.)
#
ville 13 years ago
Actually I've been thinking about this at one point - the keys are the factor that prevent me from porting it - and the time to do it of course. Without the keyboard/mouse controls, it couldn't be the kind of action game it is. It would have to work like Driftmoon does, I've played it on a touchscreen for a while.
#
Grundoko 12 years ago
If in the future you do consider an iOS port of Notrium, please do an Android port aswell. I'd love to play some Notrium on my HTC Desire Z
#
ville 12 years ago
It's certainly within the realms of possibility. Especially if we get to make Notrium 2.
#
Matz05 12 years ago
Notrium 2!? Those are magic words coming from you!

Here's to hoping!
#
TommyJr 12 years ago
Most of the work has already been done you just need an interface that works..obviously you can't have the hot keys but there are ways around this...for example a game made by gameloft order and chaos uses a side bar that can be toggled that still allows you to play the game while having access to what's in there...for notrium this could be a way to toggle on and off your inventory while still playing the game so you can access your items...or you could have hot keys in the side bar all of which can be minimized at will...and could play as such; left digital stick to control movement and direction and two right hand side bottons..one to fire another to interact....just a thought
#
MageKing17 12 years ago
"Matz05" said:

Here's to hoping!
Um... he's said them quite a few times. He's said repeatedly, in fact, that the Driftmoon engine will almost certainly be used for Notrium 2.
#
Kario 12 years ago
"MageKing17" said:
"Matz05" said:

Here's to hoping!
Um... he's said them quite a few times. He's said repeatedly, in fact, that the Driftmoon engine will almost certainly be used for Notrium 2.
Really? Where have i been?
#
Forum » Notrium for iOS???

Your email:
Your name: