Email: Password:
Forum » Crazy Occasionally Writes Music

Crazy Occasionally Writes Music

Crazy 12 years ago
It's a thing.

http://soundcloud.com/rauno-tali
#
Venom31 12 years ago
And Venom occasionally likes most of it.
"The Saddest Face" fades too fast into non-hearing however. It falls out of the row among other things.
#
TNN17 12 years ago
Very nice, especially liked Bitwise Ver 2, you should extend your pieces more often, I found myself just starting to get into them, then by that time they were already over.

For saddest face, it sounded like it was building up to an epic rave beat, then.... Silence.

Some of it struck me as very reminiscent of video-game style music, was this intentional?
#
Anonymous1157 12 years ago
I can easily imagine you writing the soundtrack to an indie puzzle game, or something along those lines. I thought of FleshChasmer while listening to the unnamed Random Nonsenses.

What programs do you use to make your music?
#
Endymion 12 years ago
Ooh! The new pieces are quite lovely.
#
Crazy 12 years ago
Ooh, responses.

"The Saddest Face" fades too fast into non-hearing however.
For saddest face, it sounded like it was building up to an epic rave beat, then.... Silence.
To quote the song description: "I dunno."

The whole point of that thing was to fade from a pretty melody into sort-of-scary non-hearing (maybe a bit slower, but I can't be bothered to change that now ) followed by sudden silence. Based on a tiny piano melody I figured out. I agree it would work as an intro to something else, though.

[...]you should extend your pieces more often, I found myself just starting to get into them, then by that time they were already over.
Well, largely the whole point of the Random Nonsenses is putting up the random phrases I always come up with (because I constantly do) rather than letting the ones I never use in Abelia songs fade into forgottenness. They can be rather complicated and while I don't dare compare myself to the likes of Tosin Abasi or Cloudkicker, they can, at times, deserve several listens to "figure it out." I guess a lot of the things build up into a thing and then stop and I could just extend the thing without bothering to make it into a full song (so that most of the clip length isn't intro), then that would be nice. Or something. I dunno.

The reason I extended bitwise was because people on IRC told me it was much better than the stuff before.

Some of it struck me as very reminiscent of video-game style music, was this intentional?
I can easily imagine you writing the soundtrack to an indie puzzle game, or something along those lines. I thought of FleshChasmer while listening to the unnamed Random Nonsenses.
Well, not intentional with the unnamed nonsenses, though #1 ended up sounding like one anyway (which I would consider a good thing). At Bitwise I wanted to try for a chitunes-y flavour and made all my own instruments out of oscillators (and used no effects). Which was incredible fun and something I want to continue; though I might end up using Sytrus, which is an incredibly powerful (if complicated) tool that let's be build instruments that may not end up sounding like chiptunes at all.

But anyway, yeah, I am now more-or-less writing and experimenting with video game music (in a lot of ways, I was writing trailer and movie music before). And loving it.

What programs do you use to make your music?
All of the all of the Nonsenses is done in Fruity Loops 9.

And thanks for the kind comments, guys! It's nice to know people think I don't suck.
#
Kario 12 years ago
Don't worry you don't suck at least I don't think so .
#
Crazy 12 years ago
Still a thing.

Haven't yet done the things people suggested with Bitwise because I couldn't be bothered. Going to at some point, though, they were good suggestions. And Ectomorph is definately going to at least get a ver. 2, lots of things I don't like ATM.
#
Forum » Crazy Occasionally Writes Music

Your email:
Your name: