Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Thread title goes here
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Thread title goes here

Narvius 12 years ago
    Pete said:
    And they say you have to be an artist to make art.
    Okay. But still, some sense of aestethics when picking colors is never a bad thing. xD
    #
    Venom31 12 years ago
    Picking aestethic colors for a 3000 nodes graph? That's quite hard, y'know!
    #
    Anonymous1157 12 years ago
    Venom31 said:
    If they were all shades of red, you would have a monochromatic color scheme. If they were red and green, you'd have a complementary color scheme. Come on, it's Art 101.

... Either way, I kinda like it as it is. Needs more cowbe-- uh, nodes.
    #
    MageKing17 12 years ago
    Anonymous1157 said:
    Venom31 said:
    If they were all shades of red, you would have a monochromatic color scheme.
    Also, protanomalous observers (like me) would hate you forever.

Edited 12 years ago
    #
    Narvius 12 years ago
    I imagine The Binding of Isaac would look weird to you (the game being some 96% monochromatic red).
    #
    ville 12 years ago
    It looks like the class dependency graph for the Driftmoon codebase.
    Edited 12 years ago
    #
    Narvius 12 years ago
    Which reminds me that I recently had to wrestle with circular inclusion in C. :<
    #
    MageKing17 said:
    Anonymous1157 said:
    Venom31 said:
    Hey, I forgot, alright? Pretend I said blue and orange or something.
    #
    E_net4 12 years ago
    MageKing17 said:
    Anonymous1157 said:
    Venom31 said:
    Black blood sometimes? Must be odd.

Which reminds me that I recently had to wrestle with circular inclusion in C. :<
    Do tell!
    #
    Narvius 12 years ago
    Nothing interesting asides my lack of familiarity with how to avoid the C compiler spitting in your face.
    #
    MageKing17 12 years ago
    E_net4 said:
    MageKing17 said:
    Anonymous1157 said:
    Venom31 said:
    Black blood sometimes? Must be odd.
    Protanomaly means red gets darkened, not that I can't see red at all. Blood looks red.
    #
    ville 12 years ago
    Mage, I'd be really glad if you can tell if any of the coloring schemes in Driftmoon don't work for you.

And there's bound to be someone with deuteranomaly around, let them come forward!
    #
    MageKing17 12 years ago
    ville said:
    Mage, I'd be really glad if you can tell if any of the coloring schemes in Driftmoon don't work for you.
    Well, I don't recall any instances of having to differentiate between blue and purple in the last preview version (nor neon green and yellow, or find red text mixed with black text on a white background...). Also, the ability to hold down a key to have item names appear is really useful.

By the way, I dropped the red value in each of those colors until I couldn't tell the difference between the color with the red component and the color without the red component (without staring at them for a minute or two). If you can tell the difference between those colors, you have capabilities that I do not.

Edited 12 years ago
    #
    Narvius 12 years ago
    Frankly... I could only hardly make out the red text (I wouldn't have noticed it if it weren't for the fact that you colored the stuff accordingly). I could clearly differentiate the blue and purple, though.

I generally should get eye-tested soon, 'cause I need new glasses.
    #
    ville 12 years ago
    Frankly I can hardly make out the difference, perhaps because of my screen. Or maybe I need to get my eyes tested...

The difference between the blue and the purple is the clearest to me, more so than the other two.

Edited 12 years ago
    #
    Amarth 12 years ago
    This is intriguing. The red text is absolutely clear to me, blue and purple is doable. The green and yellow is not that big a difference though. Maybe it's because yellow shouldn't look that green.
    #
    I can tell apart the colors just fine, although it took me a few seconds to realize that they weren't the same color. Not nearly a few minutes like MK, but still not instantaneous. I blame the lighting.
    #
    MageKing17 12 years ago
    Anonymous1157 said:
    I can tell apart the colors just fine, although it took me a few seconds to realize that they weren't the same color. Not nearly a few minutes like MK, but still not instantaneous. I blame the lighting.
    Blame the fact that they're in text on a white background; this always compounds the problem for me. Putting the colors into solid blocks makes it much easier to differentiate (although, of course, being able to see the dividing line between the hues means even I have few problems there).
    #
    Amarth 12 years ago
    We! Have! A! Government!

Go Belgium!
    #
    ville 12 years ago
    Astounding! How long did it take, a year after the elections?
    Edited 12 years ago
    #
    Amarth 12 years ago
    541 days! So about a year and a half.
    #
    Grim Reaper 12 years ago
    PayPal is at it again...
    #
    ville 12 years ago
    What a great publicity stunt, Paypal gets into a lot of headlines for christmas!
    We too have had our share of Paypal strangeness, they've actually suspended a couple of completely random payments. I've given everyone the game though, but haven't gotten the money for every one. They haven't suspended the whole account yet, but if they do, we're Minecraft famous!

Edited 12 years ago
    #
    I discovered something terribly unsettling, so I turned it into a meme.

#
    E_net4 12 years ago
    It's too early to leave Windows behind, all right.
    Edited 12 years ago
    #
    E_net4 said:
    It's too early to leave Windows behind, all right.
    #
    E_net4 12 years ago
    #
    You actually responded with another memeface? On THIS forum!?

Edit: In other news, I appear to be getting email Spam from a French company that sells custom-printed signs. Twice a month. Usually both at once. What's This Foolishness?

Edited 12 years ago
    #
    I absolutely MUST double-post. For Science. (And Equestria.)

I read Yours Truly about twenty minutes ago, and I just managed to stop crying.

This Brony thing is growing on me.
    #
    Grim Reaper 12 years ago
    Anonymous1157 said:
    #
    Pete 12 years ago
    Anonymous1157 said:
    I absolutely MUST double-post. For Science. (And Equestria.)

I read Yours Truly about twenty minutes ago, and I just managed to stop crying.

Ooh, ooh, always wanted to do this-

WELCOME TO T-

...dammit.

Okay so since we're already on the topic I might as well recommend Fallout: Equestria, because, well, its more Fallout and I love me some Fallout... oh and I suppose its also really, really good but mainly Fallout.
    #
    Amarth 12 years ago
    I've also started with the whole pony craze a few weeks back, and I've already converted one other friend. Spread the love! For Fluttershy!
    #
    I've been trying to draw ponies all weekend, and I've hit the same roadblock I always have in my past artistic endeavours. The face.

I CANNOT. DRAW. FACES. Human faces, maybe, but who wants to draw humans anymore?

I can just about freehand a pony body starting from two circles, but I cannot draw a pony face if it's not straight head-on or side-on. I came close when I tried to visualize "rotating" the face, but it was still terrible.

... I'll get it eventually.
    #
    E_net4 12 years ago
    I think I'm going to be sick. Don't get me wrong, though...
    #
    E_net4 said:
    I think I'm going to be sick. Don't get me wrong, though...

... I think right now's a great time to be a brony. All this music is absolutely amazing. Also, I seem to have a half-decent looking pegasus on paper, but once again, the face is wrong. *Starts working on faces again*
    #
    Forum » Thread title goes here
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: