• « previous
  • » next
  • Thread title goes here

Venom31 12 years ago
    Venom31 said:
    Ninja deletion. Thank you
    MageKing17 said:
    ville said:
    Could be a bug, could be something else. I added the timestamp for editing posts a few days ago, so it could be that.

I do have a delete button myself of course. But I'm not sure if it would create some strangeness if people went about deleting their own posts... I'm open to suggestion of course.
    I think the way the old forum did it should be fine: if your post hasn't been replied to, you can delete it.
    Yes, that's what I just said...
    #
    Anonymous1157 12 years ago
    Venom31 said:
    Venom31 said:
    Ninja deletion. Thank you
    Yes, that's what I just said...
    ... Uh, no. (LOL TF2 SCOUT) What you appeared to have said is that you deleted the previous contents of that post in an effort to delete it without actually being able to delete it.

In any case, no matter who said it first, I agree that the way the old forum did post deletions was just fine. I think it'd be better to be able to delete some posts rather than needlessly be forced to edit out a post's contents and replace them with "Post deleted". If it was really important to delete an older post or an entire thread or something, we could always PM Ville about it.
    #
    Venom31 12 years ago
    Anonymous1157 said:
    ... Uh, no. (LOL TF2 SCOUT) What you appeared to have said is that you deleted the previous contents of that post in an effort to delete it without actually being able to delete it.
    I think that's just ninja editing in absense of the actual supported "delete post" function. What I meant was deleting whole post, not just its contents. But you're right, there's no such term as "ninja deletion". Perhaps it's time to invent one
    #
    Venom31 said:
    (Snip) But you're right, there's no such term as "ninja deletion". Perhaps it's time to invent one
    I remember Grim used to subscribe to email notifications for threads, and he'd get mad when someone posted and deleted the post because he'd still get a notification.

... Also, it occurred to me that it was ridiculous for me to use OT tags a few posts back because this IS the OT thread.
    #
    ville 12 years ago
    Alright, I'll add the delete function on my todo. Hey, this will soon turn out to be a full feature forum software! I should make it open source and let others do all the hard work.
    #
    Venom31 12 years ago
    Anonymous1157 said:
    I remember Grim used to subscribe to email notifications for threads, and he'd get mad when someone posted and deleted the post because he'd still get a notification.
    Would some time threshold be of any use there? Like, sending all notifications just once in a while, not immediately after posting; or sending them only after pre-set time.
    #
    Narvius 12 years ago
    ville said:
    Alright, I'll add the delete function on my todo. Hey, this will soon turn out to be a full feature forum software! I should make it open source and let others do all the hard work.

It'd be funny and kind of ironic if you were to become famous as creator of this forum software.
    #
    So I was trying out the Windows 8 developer preview inside VirtualBox earlier today. The OS froze at random intervals and I ragequit. I ALSO tried to get my VirtualPC Windows 3 gaming platform working in VirtualBox. It accidentally the whole VirtualBox at random intervals and I ragequit.

Everything in between works fine. Even Windows 98. In fact, if Win98's performance is any indication, VirtualPC sucks ass.

Just felt like reporting my findings.
    #
    E_net4 12 years ago
    You can install Windows 3.1 under DOSBox, did you know?
    #
    Kario 12 years ago
    Type "Do a barrel roll" on Google. Do it. I dare you.
    #
    Kario said:
    Type "Do a barrel roll" on Google. Do it. I dare you.
    HOLY CRAP.

... It looks terribly choppy on Intel graphics.
    #
    Anne 12 years ago
    OK. That was one I haven't googled, or seen, before.
    #
    E_net4 12 years ago
    Awesome!
    #
    Pete 12 years ago
    Since we are on that topic: http://therevolvinginternet.com/
    #
    Pete said:
    Since we are on that topic: http://therevolvinginternet.com/
    Dude.

DUDE.

DUUUUUDE.

...On a slightly saner note, I broke my laptop's screen hinges, but I propped the damned thing back up and kept on using it. Not that I wouldn't give anything for a computer with a real GPU right now. Minecraft sucks at 15 FPS while running in the dark in an area with a high probability of creeper attack. And what's worse, this seed spawned me over this MASSIVE cave network that I cannot possibly fully light, so the attacks keep on coming while I'm spelunking for redstone to build some damned batteries. (Read: IndustrialCraft2)
    #
    ville 12 years ago
    Anyone like to recommend a new phone for me? I'm due for a smartphone, which one would you consider the best? I was thinking about the new iphone, but it lacks the calendar widget that looks useful on the android.
    Edited 12 years ago
    #
    I've only just moved up to a barely-competent phone (As opposed to a smartphone) after having had a feature-phone for ages, so I can't personally recommend a specific phone. However, Ars Technica has been reviewing lots of new Android and Windows phones lately; you could take a look at what they have to say about them.
    #
    Grim Reaper 12 years ago
    Personally would recommend android over iphone, but then I'm just not very fond of apple products.

[EDIT] Then I suddenly remembered this drop-test.

Edited 12 years ago
    #
    Amarth 12 years ago
    I have the Samsung Galaxy S2 and it is the most awesome 116 g of matter that ever existed.

It's a dualcore phone. DUALCORE. PHONE.

Yeah.
    #
    ville 12 years ago
    That Samsung Galaxy S2 looks pretty nice. I wonder if the new android version 4 coming out is worth the wait? It looks like there a Samsung Galaxy Nexus coming out with the new android in a few weeks, specs look much the same as the S2.
    #
    Pete 12 years ago
    Im given to understand that most newer phones will be capable of updating to Android 4 anyway, so that shouldnt really be a factor. I could be wrong though...

Ah, here we go.
    Wikipedia said:
    Gabe Cohen from Google said that [Android 4] is "theoretically compatible" with any Android 2.3.x device currently in production.

Edited 12 years ago
    #
    Amarth 12 years ago
    The upgrade paths are a bit strange. It seems not only to depend on your phone, but also your mobile network operator. Or at least that's the situation in the USA, but I'm not sure how the technicalities are handled in Europe. I remember my last phone suddenly popped up a note about a new version being available, so there definitely is something in place to handle it, but how exactly it works I have no idea... You can also probably update manually but that might be voiding your warranty. So if you want to be absolutely sure, it's probably better to wait a bit longer and get a phone that has the newer version out of the box.
    #
    ville 12 years ago
    Waiting a few weeks sounds like the best bet, I'm not too keen to believe any phone makers will really update a phone once they have nothing to gain from it - that is after you've paid for it.

Looking at the massive sizes of modern phones, where do you actually keep one of these? In your pants pockets? I've got to get new pants apparently.
    #
    ville 12 years ago
    I've got it! My next phone is HTC Ville!

I demand they give me a free phone for using my name!
    #
    E_net4 12 years ago
    Astonishing! You must be well-known by HTC!
    Edited 12 years ago
    #
    MageKing17 12 years ago
    Oh man. I want an HTC Ville now... and I would have absolutely no use for a smartphone.
    #
    Pete 12 years ago
    Yeah, thats what I thought until I got a smartphone.

Good lord this thing is so useful I wouldnt leave the house without it.
    #
    E_net4 12 years ago
    Yeah, that reminds me my N81 is getting closer to becoming a paperweight. It likes restarting and quitting on its own.
    #
    Excuse me if I'm late to the party, but I've just discovered that you can search by image on Google Images now. Just click the camera icon and give it a link/upload something.

Also, catbeard is LOL.
    #
    Kario 12 years ago
    E_net4 said:
    Yeah, that reminds me my N81 is getting closer to becoming a paperweight. It likes restarting and quitting on its own.
    The revolution is coming...
    #
    ville 12 years ago
    That's a nice feature. I've always had to search for the picture I want first, then search for ones like it. I wonder if I can just draw up what I want now? They should fire up a small drawing pad when I click the button!
    #
    The most important change a Windows user could ever make to his Linux:
    alias 'cd..'='cd ..'
    (Seriously, it was getting on my nerves. Might help someone else, even!)
    #
    E_net4 12 years ago
    Anonymous1157 said:
    The most important change a Windows user could ever make to his Linux:
    alias 'cd..'='cd ..'
    (Seriously, it was getting on my nerves. Might help someone else, even!)
    You're totally right! I've done this before!

Edited 12 years ago
    #
    MageKing17 12 years ago
    The most important change a Windows user could ever make to his Windows:

Install cygwin so you can actually do things with the command line. Also, not having to switch operating systems to use *nix programs.
    #
    Pete 12 years ago
    So it occurs to me I never did mention this 'round here.

What you see below is a graphical representation of a simple node graph of 3000 nodes at maximum zoom level. Yes, thats exactly what its supposed to look like.

And they say you have to be an artist to make art.
    #
    Forum » Thread title goes here
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: