Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Inner Cosmo - v0.15

Inner Cosmo - v0.15

E_net4 12 years ago
Hey guys! The first version of Inner Cosmo is open to the public. Read more about it here.

Version 0.15 is up.
http://enet4.wordpress.com/2012/01/17/inner-cosmos-final-sideways-step-v0-15/

And you can download it here.

Edited 12 years ago
#
Endymion 12 years ago
Nice ceiling in those caves/folders(or are they asteroids?)

The space between the folders kind of empty, add some kind of lines connecting the folders so I won't just aimlessly wander around with no idea how fast I'm going and if there are any folders nearby. Also the screen is awfully small.
#
Venom31 12 years ago
Ceiling?
The starting point of the player in each file/folder is either below or above the "terrain". I bet it's set constant, and the grid is just there where the function creates it. Thus it's either "ceiling" or "ground". I'd suggest placing player above his z-point on entry, perhaps leaving (x,y) the same?
And yes, lines or minimap would be nice. It's pretty hard to explore with only accelerometer on hand .
The maximize button ain't workin', hence the size...

@EDIT: Also, what happens if I manage to enter an empty file/folder? A flat plato?
#
E_net4 12 years ago
To clarify you:
• No ceilings. If the terrain is above you, just move upwards. It's also part of my plans to let the player walk on the world, rather than flying. It's just not implemented yet.
• The default zooming factor really is too large. Use the - and + keys to change it.
• The Space Mode HUD is rather incomplete. A mini-map would totally be a good idea.
• The world's terrain only depends on the folder name right now. You won't be getting a flat terrain like that.
• Some people found an issue that kills frame rate capping, thus making the game too fast. Forcing vsync fixed this problem.

You can expect better/bigger worlds and a more user-friendly space mode in the next version.
#
Anonymous1157 12 years ago
This looks pretty good for an early tech demo. The controls are a little unusual, but I figured them out soon enough. Also, if we're supposed to be able to walk on the terrain generated inside the folders, I'd suggest flattening it a little bit. It'd be a pain to climb all those mountains in real life.

... Oh, and just for shiggles, I UPX'd the files. Everything still worked afterwards.
#
E_net4 12 years ago
Ok, I wiki'd on UPX just now. Even so, I could reply that the game would still work just fine, as it doesn't open any files yet: it just gets a list of directories.
#
Anonymous1157 12 years ago
"E_net4" said:
Ok, I wiki'd on UPX just now. Even so, I could reply that the game would still work just fine, as it doesn't open any files yet: it just gets a list of directories.
... No, I mean I UPX'd the game's executable and the SDL DLL. *Facepalm*
#
Venom31 12 years ago
"E_net4" said:
Ok, I wiki'd on UPX just now...
I thought I was the only person who did that...
And just why in the world wouldn't it work UPXed?
#
E_net4 12 years ago
E_net4 said:
You can expect better/bigger worlds and a more user-friendly space mode in the next version.
That's funny, because it's exactly what version 0.15 includes.

#
Forum » Inner Cosmo - v0.15

Your email:
Your name: