Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Forge on ME and XP

Forge on ME and XP

MUDrSauron 19 years ago
You know... jes about a half year ago, i had win ME installed and was pretty happy with it... one of the several disturbing elements of ME was, that some games didnt run (featuring the forge)... when i updated to win XP, i was realy glad, that i could run forge without a prob... all i can say after this is: XP rulez!!! did someone have same problems, or is it some sort of coincidence ?
#
ville 19 years ago
It's probably got something to do with having different graphics drivers. Also half a year ago I updated The Forge a bit, it might just run on a couple of extra platforms.
#
MUDrSauron 19 years ago
thanks to you i finaly managed to complete the game (wasnt that hard)... yea it was an excelent game- LONG LIVE VILLE
#
Marevix 19 years ago
Old topic, I know, but I also had ME and The Forge didn't work. I have XP now and it works. I think it might be something with the OS.
#
Grim Reaper 19 years ago
I changed from ME to plain 98. Or 98SE. Not sure.
#
Crazy 19 years ago
don't know about ME, but XP has an emulating aption for games meant for older Windowses.
#
eug1404 19 years ago
Well Windows ME is considered the worst operating system ever concieved, and Microsofts greatest failure. Even they pretty much know it, as they are cancelling Tech support for ME before 98.
#
Marevix 19 years ago
I agree, ME sucks.
#
Grim Reaper 19 years ago
Btw, how come forge doesn't work on me comp?

Specs:
AMD Duron 850MHz
GeForce 2 MX (32Mb)
Win98
DirectX 9.0c
#
slinking_ferret 19 years ago
when we used me i was younger i dident use it much but i never found anything wrong with it
#
Grim Reaper 19 years ago
"Grim Reaper" said:
Specs:
AMD Duron 850MHz
GeForce 2 MX (32Mb)
Win98
DirectX 9.0c

Any ideas why Forge doesn't work on me comp?
#
ville 19 years ago
"Grim Reaper" said:
"Grim Reaper" said:
Specs:
AMD Duron 850MHz
GeForce 2 MX (32Mb)
Win98
DirectX 9.0c

It doesn't like your GeForce. Especially the MX is pretty notorious for bad The Forge compatibility.
#
eug1404 19 years ago
"ville" said:
"Grim Reaper" said:
"Grim Reaper" said:
Specs:
AMD Duron 850MHz
GeForce 2 MX (32Mb)
Win98
DirectX 9.0c

It doesn't like your GeForce. Especially the MX is pretty notorious for bad The Forge compatibility.

I had a Geforce 2 MX myself and i also had sevre problems with the forge(as well as anything else that required a decent graphics card), well i ended up buying an ATI Radeon 9600XT(mainly for Morrowind GOTY), a much better card, and it was pretty cheap too, now if only ATI had half-decent tech support and actually listened to thier consumer base and attempt to the fix serious problems with thier official drivers.
#
snogus 18 years ago
i used to have win me, i i kept asking my dad if i could change our operating system to xp but all he said was "Me is much better", although it's not. so finally one day after months of nagging dad folded and walla, we have xp. it's much better than me, i think that when microsoft made me they rushed it to much it was a really half assed job! xp is good i think they actually put effort into this one. i think the biggest pain in the but about me is that every time we tried to upgrade the computer me would have a fit! it did the same thing with 50% of the games i tried to put on it. (stupid hunk of junk)
#
Grim Reaper 18 years ago
"snogus" said:
i used to have win me, i i kept asking my dad if i could change our operating system to xp but all he said was "Me is much better", although it's not. so finally one day after months of nagging dad folded and walla, we have xp. it's much better than me, i think that when microsoft made me they rushed it to much it was a really half assed job! xp is good i think they actually put effort into this one. i think the biggest pain in the but about me is that every time we tried to upgrade the computer me would have a fit! it did the same thing with 50% of the games i tried to put on it. (stupid hunk of junk)

And how does all this have anything to do with Forge?
#
Anonymous1157 18 years ago
He clearly stated he had issues running the game in it.

I too have an XP, and it runs at... well, not exactly 100fps but it is insanely good. And that's why nVidia is always better than Radeon (On top of the aforementioned (by somebody else) stupidity of the Radeon staff)!

I never tried it when I had ME, but I never had ANY problems AT ALL WHATSOEVER with what I had back then... except for not being able to run Megarace, but then again that's what emulators are for, so if I had known about Dosbox back then, I would have had no complaints. And besides, i'm only complaining about ONE game.
#
Grim Reaper 18 years ago
"Anonymous1157" said:
He clearly stated he had issues running the game in it.

Err, no. He didn't mention Forge EVEN ONCE.

And he said he had issues running games, note the plural.
#
Forum » Forge on ME and XP

Your email:
Your name: