Register
Email: Password:
Forum » The Var' Equinallin?
  • « previous
  • » next
  • The Var' Equinallin?

Narvius 14 years ago
    Ville already said: It has nothing to do with the english language.
    And, before you ask: No other language, either.
    #
    D0M0 14 years ago
    the banana thing is a good clue, if you still aren't aware of the agranam clue, it's the peeling part that does it
    #
    Anonymous1157 14 years ago
    Oh, he got the anagram clue all right. What he's probably having trouble with is figuring out how many words to try to end up with.
    #
    Venom31 14 years ago
    Still not getting a thing. We're typing in English, right? BTW, what that rag man is, exactly? Some kind of a rag-doll?
    And before someone repeats that, if it is in none language, I can't and I won't solve it. PERIOD.
    P.S. No one can actually. So, either all these people who solved it lie, or your message is just deceiving.
    #
    Grim Reaper 14 years ago
    "Venom31" said:
    Still not getting a thing. We're typing in English, right? BTW, what that rag man is, exactly? Some kind of a rag-doll?
    And before someone repeats that, if it is in none language, I can't and I won't solve it. PERIOD.
    P.S. No one can actually. So, either all these people who solved it lie, or your message is just deceiving.
    Not that rag man, silly. A rag-man.
    #
    D0M0 14 years ago
    i thought its one word, A ragman?
    #
    Grim Reaper 14 years ago
    "D0M0" said:
    i thought its one word, A ragman?
    No, I wrote it as a rag-man before, and shall continue to do so. Besides, "a ragman" is still two words (articles count for this one).
    #
    Venom31 14 years ago
    OK, OK. A rag-man. Its translation goes like a man made of rags. Do you mean that?
    #
    Grim Reaper 14 years ago
    "Venom31" said:
    OK, OK. A rag-man. Its translation goes like a man made of rags. Do you mean that?
    You try to translate too much. What do a rag-man, a granma and argaman have in common?
    #
    Pete 14 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    "Venom31" said:
    You try to translate too much. What do a rag-man, a granma and argaman have in common?
    *cough* that one really is obvious *cough*
    #
    You, good sir, are on the track to be the most surprised individual ever upon finding the answer, if I've read this conversation right.
    #
    Venom31 14 years ago
    Sorry? What?
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    What do a rag-man, a granma and argaman have in common?
    Yay! They have similar letters! WOW, how didn't I notice that before?
    That's actually the way I've been trying to solve it. But received only crap by now. So what now?
    #
    Amarth 14 years ago
    I do think that solving the riddle requires some knowledge that is not common among newcomers.

I am not sure how to help them without giving the answer away though.
    #
    Venom31 14 years ago
    Well that's what I was talking about! This clearly crosses out A LOT of previous posts' statements, that lead to the wrong way. So.
    1) This IS in English still, I guess. Because any word is anyway in some language, and I got to know it to find it out.
    2) This IS something that longer-term-only fellows can understand. Unlike the one... I don't remember who wrote it.
    Ah, the anagram. Now I see how it's called. Great. There are different rules, however. For example, adding and deleting characters may be prohibited, so "granma" isn't an anagram for "a rag-man". To an extent.
    #
    Venom31 14 years ago
    Oh, and does the answer fit into a statement:
    <word> is a collection of <same word>?
    Just interesting. It's one of "Var' Equinallin"s partial argamans.

*EDIT* I forgot! One of them is also one Notrium mod's name, too. However, I don't think that's it. Unless it was in development even before Notrium was finished.
    #
    Narvius 14 years ago
    Not every word has to be in a language.
    #
    "What is a word but a collection of..?" is just a hint. In fact, you've already solved it by figuring out what an anagram is.

I should restate this since you missed it the first time:
    "I" said:
    ... What he's probably having trouble with is figuring out how many words to try to end up with.
    #
    MageKing17 14 years ago
    "Venom31" said:
    1) This IS in English still, I guess. Because any word is anyway in some language, and I got to know it to find it out.
    The solution is not language dependent. That, more than any other clue, should give it away, since there are very few things that meet that condition.
    "Venom31" said:
    2) This IS something that longer-term-only fellows can understand. Unlike the one... I don't remember who wrote it.
    You don't have to be a long-time member to get it, but you're more likely to have certain information if you've been here longer.
    "Venom31" said:
    Ah, the anagram. Now I see how it's called. Great. There are different rules, however. For example, adding and deleting characters may be prohibited, so "granma" isn't an anagram for "a rag-man". To an extent.
    Only inside software is punctuation considered part of an anagram. It's the same thing with palindromes... otherwise "a man, a plan, a canal; Panama" wouldn't be a palindrome (if you don't believe me, reverse "AMANAPLANACANALPANAMA" and see what you get). Since all punctuation (including spaces) is ignored, it is (there is another kind of palindrome, whereby it's words instead of letters that are mirrored, but you've just changed the unit size, not really the fundamental rules).
    #
    Calling it non-language dependent is REALLY hard to understand until after you have the solution. On the other hand, if the answer to this hint happens to occur to you, you would instantly have the answer to the anagram.

... Bah, I'm not helping much.
    #
    Venom31 14 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    The solution is not language dependent. That, more than any other clue, should give it away, since there are very few things that meet that condition.
    Meaning it's a name or some other thing I don't even know of.
    "MageKing17" said:
    You don't have to be a long-time member to get it, but you're more likely to have certain information if you've been here longer.
    You and Amarth are mutually exclusive. I don't know whom to trust, LOL.
    "MageKing17" said:
    Only inside software is punctuation considered part of an anagram.
    Who talks about punctuation whatsoever?
    #
    Venom31 14 years ago
    "Narvius" said:
    Not every word has to be in a language.
    We seem to be talking about different things. I meant that you can't spell or write down any word without sounds or letters of some language. What you are saying means just that this word exists in any language. Otherwise that statement is false. Which leads to a thought that either you know all languages, alive and dead, or, alas, you may be mistaken.
    #
    Venom31 14 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    "What is a word but a collection of..?" is just a hint. In fact, you've already solved it by figuring out what an anagram is.
    So, I was on a false track by applying the answer . I see. Thanks, anyway.
    #
    Narvius 14 years ago
    {whoops. How can you delete posts? oO}
    #
    Narvius 14 years ago
    "Venom31" said:
    We seem to be talking about different things. I meant that you can't spell or write down any word without sounds or letters of some language. What you are saying means just that this word exists in any language. Otherwise that statement is false. Which leads to a thought that either you know all languages, alive and dead, or, alas, you may be mistaken.

I stick to what I said. Not every word has to be in a language.
    You write stuff down using the alphabet, not a language.
    The latin alphabet is used in most parts of Europe, but that doesn't automatically mean that we all write latin, does it.
    #
    Grim Reaper 14 years ago
    "Venom31" said:
    For example, adding and deleting characters may be prohibited, so "granma" isn't an anagram for "a rag-man". To an extent.
    That's why I bolded a granma instead of just granma, silly.
    #
    "Narvius" said:
    I stick to what I said. Not every word has to be in a language.
    You write stuff down using the alphabet, not a language.
    The latin alphabet is used in most parts of Europe, but that doesn't automatically mean that we all write latin, does it.
    ... Mmmyes, this puzzle is really only dependent on the alphabet being used when it comes down to it. However, that doesn't help much as a hint to an anagram, since you already have the characters to be used.
    "Narvius" said:
    {whoops. How can you delete posts? oO}
    You would have had to write your new text in the old post and delete the new post, which was at the end of the queue of posts in the thread at the time. It's too late now, unless a moderator would like to do it for you.
    #
    Amarth 14 years ago
    "Venom31" said:
    "MageKing17" said:
    You and Amarth are mutually exclusive. I don't know whom to trust, LOL.
    Not at all. Actually, we're saying the same thing.

Anyway, you're pretty close now, so it's time to throw out more obscure clues. Think big. Very big. All-encompassing big. God.
    #
    Narvius 14 years ago
    God indeed xD
    #
    D0M0 14 years ago
    GOD. Now there's a bright one.
    #
    Venom31 14 years ago
    To think that I must be a God myself
    #
    MageKing17 14 years ago
    "Amarth" said:
    Anyway, you're pretty close now, so it's time to throw out more obscure clues. Think big. Very big. All-encompassing big. God.
    Talk about obscure!

If you see the Buddha walking down the road, kill him.

There, there's my obscure clue.
    #
    Amarth 14 years ago
    ... What?
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    You had me at obscureness. I simply don't get it myself.
    #
    D0M0 14 years ago
    And when buddha reincarnates, and you see him walking down the road again, kill him again. Just for the sake of fun.
    #
    E_net4 14 years ago
    "D0M0" said:
    And when buddha reincarnates, and you see him walking down the road again, kill him again. Just for the sake of fun.
    Enough of insanity, thank you.
    #
    Forum » The Var' Equinallin?
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: