Register
Email: Password:
Forum » WAZZAL II: The Final Dawn - final Version 6 released!
  • « previous
  • » next
  • WAZZAL II: The Final Dawn - final Version 6 released!

MageKing17 19 years ago
    "Marevix" said:
    Build 2 is excellent. Apart from the crash with the bodyguards, I enjoyed it. A fun dogfight dodging technique is to press A and D alternating every second or so. You're still moving up/down, but you're also strafing.
    I find it's more fun just to hold A and keep the mouse cursor pointed at your target. The ship will constantly fly circles around them.
    #
    UberWaffe 19 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    Five times? I checked the scripting, and I only saw the scripts for three or four. Oh well, maybe I miscounted.
    I'm sure you didn't. The last time I gained a level I received nothing and the message said what it normally says but without stating any award. But perhaps I only got 4 promotions and miscounted.
    #
    MageKing17 19 years ago
    "UberWaffe" said:
    "MageKing17" said:
    Five times? I checked the scripting, and I only saw the scripts for three or four. Oh well, maybe I miscounted.
    I'm sure you didn't. The last time I gained a level I received nothing and the message said what it normally says but without stating any award. But perhaps I only got 4 promotions and miscounted.
    Yes, I know that. If you check the script, the effect for that promotion is 0,0,0,0,0. In otherwords, he left it as a placeholder. But I was counting it in my count of ranks. And yes, it must be four. I recall the following ranks:

2nd Ensign
    1st Ensign
    2nd Lieutenant
    1st Lieutenant

ZeXLR8er, were you going to include the other ranks like I listed? Or are you going to add any?

"MageKing17" said:
    "ZeXLR8er!!" said:
    20: Ensign Missile racks and 10 missiles
    50: 2nd Lueitenant High powered laser rifle and two bodyguards
    100: 1st Lieutenant <--- correct spelling Better sheilding/reactor, VC pistol (or something equal to it) now available in armoury.
    150: Lieutenant Commander Increased max energy, player gains Optic Implant (night vision), 10 marines max
    300: Commander Gains access to more ship weapons, Rapid-fire pistol (or something = value) now available in armoury, 20 marines max.
    500: Captain Better reactor/sheilding, new missile type, 40 marines max.
    1000: Commodore medibay (auto heals marines & the captain) effeciency doubled, more weapons available in armoury.
    2000: Rear Admiral can recruit ships into fleet (for lots of cash), all weapons now available in armoury.
    5000: Vice Admiral best ship weapons, best reactor, best sheilding, player gains Build Base ability (can now construct colonies on planets), can now transport colonists (gotten from inhabitable planets, used to make colonies work).
    10000: Admiral missiles slowly respawn in your loading bay, medibay effeciency doubled, can now commence Planetary Bombardment (destroys ground facilities that could launch fighters/missiles against you).
    100000: Fleet Admiral Highest rank possible, all uber-upgrades gained here.
    #
    ForceUser 19 years ago
    Well zex, Looks like this mod will be a great hit, I'm just glad I'm apart of it!. Just 2 things. 1. Could you change to the credits to say ForceUser and not Forceuser.. I'm rather particular

And now the important thing: Alot of the graphics/music files won't be changed. Will it be possible for you to start making patches rather than releasing the whole 6-7mb file each time? It would be a great help since i know alot of guys don't have broadband.

ForceUser
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    Are all the planets you attack going to be jungle war? It would be nice if you could also have desert, snow, etc. type planets. (Desert and snow would be nice vast open fighting spaces.) I would also suggest urban but I have tried making enterable buildings and it is a pain.

I see that ville has prereleased v1.34 and effect 24 'shoot at nearest enemy' is now fixed. You could give the player a turret type weapon that uses this to fire, but don't allow the player to control it directly.
    Oh, they'll definetly be all the different environments you mentioned and more. All the battles will hopefully be as varied as possible. And I will fix up the turrent, good idea.

- At promotion 2 the game crashes, although only in areas where the player is the captain. This is right after the bodyguards appear, which makes me believe the laser rifle has nothing to do with it.
    - Nowhere to recharge captain's energy (at least, none that I found)
    - The turret control quick key was set to C, not M like the description said.
    - The game forces the player to use relative controls at the start, making them have to go into the options menu if they want to move normally as the Captain.
    - When you leave the bridge, the Captain is visible for a second. This could be corrected by switching the places of the "change player to captain" command and the "teleport to ship" command. This is because switches races takes less time than teleporting, so the player would be less likely to see the ship inside the ship than the captain in space. Does that make sense?
    - The armory could be done better with plot objects. Right now, with v1.33, there is no way to determine if the player has less than a certain number of an item. But once that condition is added, a plot object could dispense weapons instead of leaving items on the floor. Also, the player can run out of ammo waaay too easily. Adding a plot object that dispenses bullets would make this easier. If you like, the plot object can have a timer of sorts that prevents the player from getting a whole load of bullets at once, but making it so that the player must switch to sniper rifle once they run out of ammo is annoying.
    - The sniper rifle doesn't use ammo.
    Great, thanks, this is exactly what I want. I'll fix them up rightaway.
    The armory in B2 is just an idea; it will be nothing like that at all. I think I'm going to do it by using a seperate inventory showing what's in the armory when you click on a plot object. Then you can choose to transfer items from it to yourself.
    The sniper rifle is still in production; I actually didn't mean for it to be in this release.
    And the bug showing the captain in space is easily fixable; I'll simply swap the effects so the teleport efect is before the change race effect. Is that what you meant?
    ZeXLR8er, were you going to include the other ranks like I listed? Or are you going to add any?
    Of course, these were just a trial for this version. I'm going to slowly add them as it's possible.
    Well zex, Looks like this mod will be a great hit, I'm just glad I'm apart of it!. Just 2 things. 1. Could you change to the credits to say ForceUser and not Forceuser.. I'm rather particular

And now the important thing: Alot of the graphics/music files won't be changed. Will it be possible for you to start making patches rather than releasing the whole 6-7mb file each time? It would be a great help since i know alot of guys don't have broadband.
    I'll change you name, but I'm not sure about the patches. What if someone new to notrium wanted to download the full game?
    #
    MageKing17 19 years ago
    "ZeXLR8er!!" said:
    And the bug showing the captain in space is easily fixable; I'll simply swap the effects so the teleport efect is before the change race effect. Is that what you meant?

What if someone new to notrium wanted to download the full game?
    1)Yes, that's what I meant.

2)Personally, I don't care. I have cable, so it downloads really fast every time. I actually deleted all the Wazzal folders before installing the new patch, so that I would be assured a clean start.

On a side note, I'm not sure if you did this or not (and am too lazy to check), the K in MageKing should be capitalized as well.

[EDIT]
    Yes, you did put me in as Mageking17 instead of MageKing17.

Also...

I FOUND THE SOLUTION!

In creatures.dat, the bodyguards have 32 listed as their primary AI tactic.

There is no 32nd AI tactic.

Change this number to 5 and your bodyguards should be fine.
    [/EDIT]
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    Great, that must be it. Thanks Magebane.
    #
    MageKing17 19 years ago
    "ZeXLR8er!!" said:
    Great, that must be it. Thanks Magebane.
    Ooooh, I kill you... if not for the fact that you're the one making this mod. Damn.
    #
    ville 19 years ago
    Oh and Zex, can't you force Relative controls with the effect?
    #
    Casanova 19 years ago
    I have to say that the grapics in this mod look great, specially the ones for inside the ship. Mind of I borrow some of them for my VC base? Ill trade you some of the sounds from my mod in exange

The only thing I didnt like were the controls for the ship, I tried setting them to absolute and relative and it still was hard to drive. Also the captain could use a faster turn speed.
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    I have to say that the grapics in this mod look great, specially the ones for inside the ship. Mind of I borrow some of them for my VC base? Ill trade you some of the sounds from my mod in exange
    Done and done.
    #
    Idiota 19 years ago
    It seems that when I am either 1st ensign or above and I enter captain view, the game just crashes
    #
    Toko 19 years ago
    no reply on my zoo idea?

edit: THE HIVE SECTOR!!! evry time you push the Notrium planet...ou broke me roof
    #
    UberWaffe 19 years ago
    "Toko" said:
    no reply on my zoo idea?

edit: THE HIVE SECTOR!!! evry time you push the Notrium planet...ou broke me roof
    I'm not sure I follow. Can you perhaps elaborate a bit? I'm sure Zex would also like it if he had a more specific explanation of your idea.

"ville" said:
    Oh and Zex, can't you force Relative controls with the effect?
    I would also prefer that, it gets irritating switching between relative for the ship and absolute for the captain. (Or are we supposed to use relative for both?)
    #
    Toko 19 years ago
    down on page 23..a great idea
    edit: 2 ideas
    #
    MageKing17 19 years ago
    "Idiota" said:
    It seems that when I am either 1st ensign or above and I enter captain view, the game just crashes
    I already solved this problem. In creatures.dat, your bodyguards have their primary AI set to 32. Change this to 5 and problem solved.

[EDIT]
    Here is an unofficial patch that fixes a few things:

Fixes the quick key for commanding MG turrets
    Fixes bodyguards
    Fixes names in credits
    Changes the armoury... you'll see...
    Adds an interesting new item, "Targetting beam." Unlike any other targetting beam you've ever seen before...

REQUIRES v1.34 beta!

Download it here: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.duckish.net/deviance/downloads/Wazzal.zip">http://www.duckish.net/deviance/downloads/Wazzal.zip</a><!-- m -->

NOTE: This works on one of my computers, but not the other! USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
    [EDIT2]
    Whoops, accidentally made the Reload Bar visible. Fixed.
    [/EDIT2]
    [/EDIT]
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    I'll check it out. Thanks!!
    #
    MageKing17 19 years ago
    "ZeXLR8er!!" said:
    I'll check it out. Thanks!!
    Check out the targetting beam, I think it's pretty neat.
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    Wow, neat idea, but when it hits the creature it makes the sparks and hit noises, wich looks quite weird.I'm trying to thinkabout how we could fix this.
    #
    MageKing17 19 years ago
    "ZeXLR8er!!" said:
    Wow, neat idea, but when it hits the creature it makes the sparks and hit noises, wich looks quite weird.I'm trying to thinkabout how we could fix this.
    Yeah, I couldn't fix it even after I removed the hit sound from the weapon.

But it's a pretty neat idea, eh? I especially like it when you're fighting inside a group of them and it keeps flicking back and forth...

Also, I made the enemy glow blue when targetted. Too much?
    #
    michael 19 years ago
    yay the next one is out!!! i'll try it today.
    #
    MageKing17 19 years ago
    Check out these new screenshots from a sub-project within Wazzal II I'm working on:

Screenshot 1 - A group of federation fighters are performing strafing runs on an alien mothership
    Screenshot 2 - The same group engages and alien fighter
    Screenshot 3 - The alien mothership chases the player into the asteroid belt
    Screenshot 4 - The federation fighters destroy the alien mothership and the player gets promoted!

The targetting beam can be seen in all these shots, and the fighters are really fun.
    #
    Toko 19 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    Check out these new screenshots from a sub-project within Wazzal II I'm working on:

Screenshot 1 - A group of federation fighters are performing strafing runs on an alien mothership
    Screenshot 2 - The same group engages and alien fighter
    Screenshot 3 - The alien mothership chases the player into the asteroid belt
    Screenshot 4 - The federation fighters destroy the alien mothership and the player gets promoted!

The targetting beam can be seen in all these shots, and the fighters are really fun.
    wow o_O
    #
    UberWaffe 19 years ago
    Wow, MageKing, that looks cool! But why does the enemy ship turn blue?
    I really like the fighters! You made them yourself?
    #
    Crazy 19 years ago
    ill bet 5 bucks you wont finish this, zex!
    #
    eug1404 19 years ago
    "UberWaffe" said:
    But why does the enemy ship turn blue?
    I think that's the targetting lasers IFF(Friend Foe Recognition System) that way if the ship turns blue, you know it's an enemy.

This beta rocked, only 2 bad parts:

1.Having to change the controls between absolute and relative whenever you go between captain/ship.

2.The non-stop spawning of enemies aboard your ship. My men barely last very long at all, i usually just make it back to the bridge alive, all my men dead, shouldn't/wouldn't the enemy just shoot me dead "at the wheel"(so to speak).
    #
    Idiota 19 years ago
    shoot the ship and they'll stop spawning
    #
    MageKing17 19 years ago
    "UberWaffe" said:
    Wow, MageKing, that looks cool! But why does the enemy ship turn blue?
    I really like the fighters! You made them yourself?
    The ship turns blue to signify it is targetted (the closest enemy). I made the targetting beam as a test of a direction indicator, and I think it worked quite well.

No, I didn't make the fighters. I just took the fighter graphic included within the textures/wazzal folder and gave it a creature. They're really fun, though...
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    It looks great, but I can't use the targeting beam intil we solve the problem of the sounds and sparks.
    #
    MageKing17 19 years ago
    "ZeXLR8er!!" said:
    It looks great, but I can't use the targeting beam intil we solve the problem of the sounds and sparks.
    Well, I'm trying something to solve the sound, and we could just keep the sparks as an indicator of which ship is targetted.

Here is my solution:

There are two places where sounds can play.

1) Inside weapons.dat
    2) Inside creatures.dat

So if we delete it from creatures.dat, and only let weapons that need a sound to have the sound in weapons.dat, it should allow the targetting beam to be sound-free.

Also, I found out why it wasn't working right on my other computer. Heh, I forgot to set the frame-by-frame debugger to 0. Slowed it down like hell, made me think it was rejecting something in the mod. Teaches me to debug anything ever again...
    #
    ForceUser 19 years ago
    I'm not shure, but those federation fighters looks like some of the earlyer models I made for zex.

ok, anywyas, I've had a chance to dl the mod fixes by mageking, thanx! ok, I like the lazer gun, it shoots fast yet does little damage, nice. Zex, do you have a plan of replenishing the energy yet?

The Mishine gun is also really cool, I love the reload sound. Did you notice though, that the reload time is shorter than the reload sound time?

The dispenser does look cool although we might want to do something so you just can't go and get thousands of free ammo clips and medik kits. Perhaps need replicator energy (An item) that you buy at starports with credits. With the replicator energy you can replicate anything but some things cost more energy?

The targeting lazer for the Wolf is EXTREMELY powerfull. I sugest you use it, once you fix the sound problem ofcourse, by giving it to a player with a promotion. Perhaps 5th ot 6th?

Also, I think it would be a good Idea to get the promotion items once you dock with THE confederate starbase or perhaps one of thier outposts. Makes the whole promotions thingy more realistic

Thats my 2c

ForceUser
    #
    MageKing17 19 years ago
    "ForceUser" said:
    I'm not shure, but those federation fighters looks like some of the earlyer models I made for zex.

ok, anywyas, I've had a chance to dl the mod fixes by mageking, thanx! ok, I like the lazer gun, it shoots fast yet does little damage, nice. Zex, do you have a plan of replenishing the energy yet?

The Mishine gun is also really cool, I love the reload sound. Did you notice though, that the reload time is shorter than the reload sound time?

The dispenser does look cool although we might want to do something so you just can't go and get thousands of free ammo clips and medik kits. Perhaps need replicator energy (An item) that you buy at starports with credits. With the replicator energy you can replicate anything but some things cost more energy?

The targeting lazer for the Wolf is EXTREMELY powerfull. I sugest you use it, once you fix the sound problem ofcourse, by giving it to a player with a promotion. Perhaps 5th ot 6th?

Also, I think it would be a good Idea to get the promotion items once you dock with THE confederate starbase or perhaps one of thier outposts. Makes the whole promotions thingy more realistic

Thats my 2c

ForceUser
    1) I used the creature2.png in the textures/wazzal folder.

2) The armoury restores energy.

3) I was going to fix that too, but I wasn't sure I should change it unless ZeX confirms it's bad.

4) I was going to make it work like the old food generator, so you had to wait. That or add a cap limit. I was also going to replace medkits with a MEDIBAY, that slowly heals you while inside.

5) I was going to make it available at fourth promotion, because that's pretty far and currently does nothing. We're working on the sound problem. While it was originally just a technology demo, I've grown rather fond of it .

6) I'll see if I can add a starbase. I've currently got a carrier-type thing implemented. It's what's launching the federation fighters, and to balance it out I've added alien motherships that spew out their fighters. Also, I recently made the federation fighters not have creature collision detection, so they'll do awesome strafing-type things on the motherships. Really funny, must see once I make patch 2.
    #
    eug1404 19 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    "ForceUser" said:

Thats my 2c

ForceUser
    1) I used the creature2.png in the textures/wazzal folder.

2) The armoury restores energy.

3) I was going to fix that too, but I wasn't sure I should change it unless ZeX confirms it's bad.

4) I was going to make it work like the old food generator, so you had to wait. That or add a cap limit. I was also going to replace medkits with a MEDIBAY, that slowly heals you while inside.

5) I was going to make it available at fourth promotion, because that's pretty far and currently does nothing. We're working on the sound problem. While it was originally just a technology demo, I've grown rather fond of it .

6) I'll see if I can add a starbase. I've currently got a carrier-type thing implemented. It's what's launching the federation fighters, and to balance it out I've added alien motherships that spew out their fighters. Also, I recently made the federation fighters not have creature collision detection, so they'll do awesome strafing-type things on the motherships. Really funny, must see once I make patch 2.
    Sounds like your taking over this mod .
    #
    MageKing17 19 years ago
    "eug1404" said:
    Sounds like your taking over this mod .
    Ho, no. There's a lot of stuff I can't do that I know ZeX can. Besides, I can't take over until ZeX quits.
    #
    UberWaffe 19 years ago
    It is a good thing that MageKing is so actively helping Zex. It will mean that a bunch of new things will be in the mod without delaying Zex.

I have completed the EMP system so perhaps now I can do something else? Any suggestions? Any ideas I should test? Or should I just think up something new, try it and present it?
    #
    Forum » WAZZAL II: The Final Dawn - final Version 6 released!
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: