Register
Email: Password:
Forum » WAZZAL II: The Final Dawn - final Version 6 released!
  • « previous
  • » next
  • WAZZAL II: The Final Dawn - final Version 6 released!

ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    No, high speeds shouldn't be a problem.
    #
    UberWaffe 19 years ago
    Items to consider:
    Army Knife- Used for multiple purposes. Can be used for a basic weapon if you are REALLY desperate. (Perhaps a mission where you get only this weapon?)
    Stasis Tent- Stasis field with a new texture.
    Adrenaline- Gives your character a temporary speed boost.
    Painkillers- Renders your character invincible for a moment. (Or you could make it that it temporarily disables the 'dies due to lack of health script' and constantly sets your health to 1 if it is zero. It basically stops you from dying but doesn't stop health drain.)
    Restraining Device- Used to permanently incapacitate enemies (only usuable if their health is low) so that they can be questioned/converted/etc. Perhaps a mission where you have to kidnap/catch someone and drag them back to the ship without them or you getting killed.

EDIT:
    Strong Liquor- Causes your player to stagger but gives some kind of bonus. (WHat kind of bonus evades me, I would say courage but not sure how that would help you.)
    Tracking Beacon- Can be used to mark a location or mark a target for orbital/airstrike bombardment.
    Animal Cage- Allows you to capture certain animals (perhaps for mission.) And also allows you to release them later on as your ally. (Once trained on your ship). Somewhat like a summon ally thing. (But REALLY heavy).
    Drugged Food- You drop food that is eaten by enemy men/creatures that either poisons them or drugs them for a time.

EDIT (2):
    Electronic Skeleton Key- Used to unlock low/medium security doors. (High security doors require special/unique keys, probably part of quests.)
    Binoculars- Let's you see far away.
    Emergency Teleport- Let's you skip/retry a mission at a heavy cost. Promotion points perhaps?
    PDA- Allows you to hack certain computer mainframes. Perhaps allow something similar to AI hack but for the captain to use on enemy droids/units.
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    Great, this is what I'm after. All those ideas are doable, and probably all get in.
    If people's ideas are good enough, I might have to mention them in the credits...
    #
    Toko 19 years ago
    I already have said the greenhouse idea.
    Captain's sword: every captain has one,
    Picture of the one's home: it's been so long.
    I will get on something later.
    #
    MageKing17 19 years ago
    Well, since Uberwaffe took all the good ones, here are a couple left over.

Grenades: Throwable grenades. They would be a short-lived creature that fired an "explosion" weapon after moving in the direction you threw them in. Not sure if this is doable, but always worth a shot.

Cluster missiles: Rockets that split up after a very very short amount of time, then split up again to form swarms of rockets. Perhaps ditching the second split to keep the AI functioning.

MINIGAMES!: Need a say more?
    #
    Quanrian 19 years ago
    Cluster Missles you need to just be careful with. You'd essentially need 3 missles for each phase. If you spawn the same weapon to create an endless loop the game will crash. So basically it'd work like this...

Cluster Missle 1 --> Cluster Missle 2 --> Cluster Missle 3

So Cluster Missle 3 would die and do nothing else, such ending the loop. I'm aware you probably knew this, I'm just making sure as it's simple enough to have Cluster Missle 1 spawn itself to save creature entries. So at the least you're looking at two creature entries and there is no way around that.

As for the grenade, the only use I can see for that is chucking it over(through) walls. You'd simply make it have no detection for plot objects or props so it'd go through the wall, giving it no turning ability. That would make it tactically viable, as just chucking a grenade otherwise would probably just get you riddled with holes This way you could safely remove enemies that are fortified. I'd also suggest putting the grenade on layer 2.
    #
    slyvena 19 years ago
    1.WORLD STUFF

Thermal heat vents. (These guys will cook you in seconds, but there is something in that vent. If only i could get closer and see it, But i have no protection)

Falling trees. (When walkiing by one a falling animation begins at you, GET OUT OF THE WAY FAST)

Nitrous Oxide. (This stuff is enough to make my arm snap off from the cold, but if this is what i think it is then it would have to have been made by a compretion machine, A BIG COMPRETION MACHINE)

Aromgenden. (On ending one of your missions things go teribly wrong e.g tons of enemys and a time limit before the planet goes crazy, also tempuatures and maps go crazy in every why to.

2.ITEMS

Space-time demitional gun. (one shot one kill, you'll need this for one of your missions
    #
    Peter 19 years ago
    Minilaser-Laser small enouth(spelling?) to dont be detected when captured(mission)
    PDA-Hacking(it was here before) would be some minigame- perhaps the PDA should have its own inventory as interface?
    other uses...
    Artifact staff-found during some mission, act like long time recharging gun, firing some strange blue balls...
    Energmency box- What about some mission in where you crash?
    Flasher-Thingy that blind enemies with flashes of light
    Timebomb-Thingy to use in missions
    Anrenaline tablets-Increase player speed, knife efficiency and make the sceen red
    Other tablets-Im out of idea
    Breather-Small thing filled with oxygen to use in gased areas

Ship

Ion cannon- Like from Homeworld
    Cloaker-Make ship invisible for radars
    Fighter-This let you leave ship and fight with speedy and agile fighter, while the Wolf continue in fight
    Boarder pod-Small ship desinged to capture enemy ship and take control of it, so it is under your command
    #
    Idiota 19 years ago
    Long time no post in here lol. Anyway, I want to refresh some minds.

Proton blaster: Proton fires a sphere of energy, normal speed that blows on impact. They come in all blaster catogories.
    Fission Torpedo: Fires a slow missile loaded with atoms that divide after a set amount of time, making a timed torpedo with a huge blast radius. This comes into two catogories: missile and torpedo
    Ion Blaster: fires a beam that is highly effective against shields, but less effective against armour. Comes in all but the heaviest blaster catogories.
    Quantum Blaster: Fires a large sphere of energy, slow speed, high damage against most enemies. Comes in all blaster and missile catogories.
    Machine gun: Fires fast travelling projectiles at a ship. Not very effective against shields, but highly effective agains hull. Comes in all catogories

The catogories are the following

Blaster: Weak, but high speed and high rate of fire. Best used against fast enemies.
    turret: Same as blaster, but with the ability to shoot in all directions.
    Cannon: Strong, but medium rate of fire and slower travel speed.
    Missile: Fires a homing missile at the enemy. Can be loaded with almost anything and has decent strength.
    Torpedo: Same as missile, but slower and stronger.
    #
    Toko 19 years ago
    "Peter" said:

Boarder pod-Small ship desinged to capture enemy ship and take control of it, so it is under your command
    THAT IS MINE IDEA!!!....
    car, bike and suhc stuff: you migth need to get to your ship in a hurry(add some machine guns to it and wola you got a gun)
    truk: to transport troops in planets
    wallet: DONT LOSE IT!!! only if its going to be money in game...have more then 1.
    #
    Peter 19 years ago
    Really...
    OOPPPSSSS...
    I personally got it from Homeworld...
    #
    ForceUser 19 years ago
    hehe.. hoeworld... good one

Quantum Space Time Accelarator: Basically Rage for the space ship. Make it use a LOT of energy. Perhaps a hand held one for the captain, as a promotion gift, also use alot of energy.

Molecular Re-Integration Armor: Some nice armor too reduce the damage done to the ship. Question Is it even posiible to make a creature have 2 health bars? one shield, recharging from the energy and 1 armor, not recharging?

Alien Repair Device: This little beuty was smuggled out of a destroyed alien ship just before dud self-destruct's secondary systems came online on an old alien ship. It repairs armor, if posiible to have 2 health bars.

Automated Internal Defence System (AIDS): err... oops.. that was so not intentional... I swear... aw well. Verry small turrets (or perhaps just barrels sticking out of wals) fixed to the walls of the Wolf to help defend against assault.

Personal Shield Generator: Gives the Captain a shield like the ship. Only apliable if able to have 2 health bars

ooohh... I just got a really cool idea... I was playing SWKotor and though of the speeder race. How about making a rather fast hover bike and make a course. not shure how you gonna time the laps or make an AI that can race the track but perhaps so you can post a time online in the form of a saved game? each planet will have it's own track (Some deserted and broken down) Perhaps make an item apear every second after the hoverbike crosses a plot object and then the total race time is the amount of items in the inventory after the race? Aw well.. you'll figure it out.

ForceUser
    #
    slyvena 19 years ago
    Sure but after that i think its impposible to make it take away from just the shield so you could tone down the damage enemys do and set in a script that when your shield is to low the enemy does double damage
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    Wow, amazing ideas; Idiota and Peter considor yourselves in the credits. (I've also put you under the ideas section now too Forceuser. )
    #
    MageKing17 19 years ago
    "ForceUser" said:
    Is it even posiible to make a creature have 2 health bars? one shield, recharging from the energy and 1 armor, not recharging?
    Um, did you even download the mod? Currently, there is a shield bar and an armor bar.
    #
    ForceUser 19 years ago
    Anywho, Got another divice for your ship and captain.

The Protonic Hyper-Oscilating-Energy aNd Internal-X Device (PHOENIX Device)
    Only possible if you can set a condition for when health is Below 0 It'll check to see if you got an item and then bring you back to life with full hp and energy.

ForceUser
    #
    Peter 19 years ago
    "Peter" said:

"Peter" said:
    Hoeworld...

[censored]!
    I hate my keyboard!
    It was HOMEWORLD...

How forum did it?
    #
    MageKing17 19 years ago
    "Peter" said:
    "Peter" said:
    Hoeworld...

[censored]!
    I hate my keyboard!
    It was HOMEWORLD...
    Ah, the HOMEWORLD game series. Yes, I've heard of those.

Yes, we have already mentioned bringing in ideas from the HOMEWORLD games, and it started a severely off-topic argument about whether HOMEWORLD2 was better than the original. So we'll not go there.
    #
    blitzsolo 19 years ago
    What about 157X atmospheric heavy bomber? Or magneticaly guided plasma bomb? Or a mine? Artillery?
    #
    MageKing17 19 years ago
    "blitzsolo" said:
    What about 157X atmospheric heavy bomber? Or magneticaly guided plasma bomb? Or a mine? Artillery?
    1) Atmospheric bomber not needed, all ship combat will be in space.

2) If you can figure out a way to make it cool, make the **** plasma bomb yourself!

3) There are already mines.

4) Artillery would probably be useless, but implementable all the same.
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    Yes, sounds good, I like the PHOENIX idea Forceuser.
    And artillery could be done, I could have a plot object that activates a long range scope, and then you would be able to call down a strike from a long distance.
    #
    MageKing17 19 years ago
    "ZeXLR8er!!" said:
    And artillery could be done, I could have a plot object that activates a long range scope, and then you would be able to call down a strike from a long distance.
    But then it would just be like Airstrike in OP or the orbital laser in my Overkill mod (I don't care if I haven't released that yet, it still counts).
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    Is that bad?
    #
    MageKing17 19 years ago
    "ZeXLR8er!!" said:
    Is that bad?
    [OT] Only if you choose Casanova's version. [/OT]

Seriously, those are about the two only ways it could be done. One places an object there and uses it as a timer and reference point, the other causes an explosion at the cursor. If you can find another way to do it, go ahead. But those are the only two ways I can think of, and they've already been done.
    #
    Peter 19 years ago
    SuperViper- think to use when desperate. Banned. Inside cheat.
    Hypnogun- Takes some time, when it fire, it hypnotise close enemies, who are your friends for short period of time.
    Shoulder gun- Auto turret that is on your shoulders. Weights a lot, earn for very hing promotion.
    Shop-Thingy where you can build some things usesfull in battle, for your ship and so on...
    Captains cabin-The base of your operations, place where you sleep and wait, take rest, close to bridge.
    Bonus things-Simply, they can be found in some hidden places, some can be used, some get mounted on ship, some will be placed in your cabin, where they can be used...
    Forniture-bonus thingy, useless, but good to look on, placed in your cabin.
    Bed-on-start-gained thingy, this should be used with help of another bar, the Need of sleep. If this bar get out, you die, using special animation.
    Drawers-buyable thingy, uses another inventory, best place to leave things in, placed in your cabin.
    Cabin defence-buyable thingy, able to defend you when inside, placed on the door of your cabin.
    Statis tent-A big tent, with standalone area inside. Can be used to get healed(a little), have a rest, eat, and take command of some units resting here.
    Trap-a hole in ground, nothing else.
    Remote control-thingy to use in mission.

And some creatures>

Spy- In some mission, you get inprisoned, so you take control of this one, so you can get out.
    Moving vaccuum cleaner-Give Wolf 5 some life!
    Astronavigators-you find them on bridge...
    Hibernated marines-you find them in Hyberoom, act like cocoons...
    Robots-These are maintaining th ship when it gets damaged...

And some areas>

Wolf 5- I think image will be better...

Prison- The place where you get in some mission...
    Caves- The place where you go to save some archeologist, and find some artifacts...
    Tent interior-inside of the tent...SuperViper- think to use when desperate. Banned. Inside cheat.
    Hypnogun- Takes some time, when it fire, it hypnotise close enemies, who are your friends for short period of time.
    Shoulder gun- Auto turret that is on your shoulders. Weights a lot, earn for very hing promotion.
    Shop-Thingy where you can build some things usesfull in battle, for your ship and so on...
    Captains cabin-The base of your operations, place where you sleep and wait, take rest, close to bridge.
    Bonus things-Simply, they can be found in some hidden places, some can be used, some get mounted on ship, some will be placed in your cabin, where they can be used...
    Forniture-bonus thingy, useless, but good to look on, placed in your cabin.
    Bed-on-start-gained thingy, this should be used with help of another bar, the Need of sleep. If this bar get out, you die, using special animation.
    Drawers-buyable thingy, uses another inventory, best place to leave things in, placed in your cabin.
    Cabin defence-buyable thingy, able to defend you when inside, placed on the door of your cabin.
    Statis tent-A big tent, with standalone area inside. Can be used to get healed(a little), have a rest, eat, and take command of some units resting here.
    Trap-a hole in ground, nothing else.
    Remote control-thingy to use in mission.

And some creatures>

Spy- In some mission, you get inprisoned, so you take control of this one, so you can get out.
    Moving vaccuum cleaner-Give Wolf 5 some life!
    Astronavigators-you find them on bridge...
    Hibernated marines-you find them in Hyberoom, act like cocoons...
    Robots-These are maintaining th ship when it gets damaged...

And some areas>

Prison- The place where you get in some mission...
    Caves- The place where you go to save some archeologist, and find some artifacts...
    Tent interior-inside of the tent...
    #
    MageKing17 19 years ago
    "Peter" said:
    Sad thing is, my first thought on seeing that was "hey, I could make an interior like that in Morrowind..."
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    Wow, thats fantastic Peter!!! Thanks!!
    #
    Peter 19 years ago
    ops:
    I am good?

I am good!
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    You're good.

And yea, sorry guys I couldn't get a release for this week, it'll have to be delayed for a few days until I'm at as fast internet connection.
    (Handy hint: automatically add 5 days to however long Zex says. )

EDIT: I've made big progress with the first city environment. Here's an early screenie. Please tell me what you think.

#
    Inane 19 years ago
    I got an idea, Jetpacks, Like from infantry, They'ed move only a little faster than the normal char, But they'ed be able to turn into a flamethrower at the touch of a hot key, Also the flammables for the FT would work for fuel for the mobile version, Its like a FT and a jetpack for the same weight.

Also another vehicle idea would be something similiar to starcrafts goliaths, Pre defined weapons (Rockets AND lasers on one mech, Anyone?), Slow movement, High hp, Of course they'ed be vulnerable to explosives.

Now, onto the screenshot you posted, The road rextures are pretty cool , And i see you'll have a knife? Awesome.

Also dont listen to anything i have to say if it delays the release of build 3.
    #
    ForceUser 19 years ago
    Wow, looks almost like FF the movie. This is gonna be some fun playing. You never know what's around the next corner. A FT or a small short range laser/machine gun type of weapon will fit in nicely here. Also, I see you've duplicated the bars on the left. Planning on removing the ones on the right?
    #
    Inane 19 years ago
    They only look duplicated, Or so i think, As the values are completely different, Not to mention the gun to the left of the middle bar .
    #
    blitzsolo 19 years ago
    Whoa. What's the green bar?
    #
    slyvena 19 years ago
    I think the screen save is good but be sure to make the buildings none walkable throughable, or some yes and some not depending on the type of building as is the supercrazy mod that did not turn out good having walkable throghable buildingables FEW!!!(that should be a tougue twister)
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    Thanks! The bars on the left are (from the top down), the current price of slaves, weapons and drugs (all the tradable commodities), then your money and finally your promotion points.

And the jetpack idea is great, I hadn't even thought of that.
    #
    Forum » WAZZAL II: The Final Dawn - final Version 6 released!
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: