Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Some new Driftmoon modding stuff to look forward to

Some new Driftmoon modding stuff to look forward to

ville 11 years ago
A couple of the things I have in my list of things done, in partially random order. If anyone is interested in trying some of these out, I can get you a new executable.

-Animating an object's Z position is now possible.
-Texture offsets can now be defined in the editor for non-sprite objects.
-New script activation type: Hit. Activated whenever an object is hit, but not necessarily damaged (due to immunity or armor).
-Intro texts can now have keywords.
-Ability to offset an object's texture coordinates.
-Min_speed for particles.
-EmitAngle for particles. Can be used to make directional particle emitters.
-New script action: CloneTarget. It clones the currently targeted object, removing all joints, and teleports it to the specified object. It can be targeted using setSpawnedAsTarget.
-Named script variables can now have a minus sign. For example using addToVariable(-health) works.
-New script action: teleportRandom. Teleports the target to a random object.
-Object edges now respond to the changeTexture script.
-New script action: moveBotAwayFrom. Allows bots to run away.
-New script action: allowCombatInterrupt. Use this if you want to command a bot with scripts during combat.
-When copying a single actor in the editor, its scripts that refer to itself are now updated to refer to the new copy, just like when copying a group of objects.
-Driftmoon now works when installed on a network share. Useful if you want to keep a single installation on a shared folder.
-Improved the script introText to allow showing portraits.
-Script parameters can now have more decimal places than two. For example 0.0001 is now allowed.
-It's now possible to change the bounciness/elasticity of walls and physics objects.
-New script condition: raycast can be used to check if there is anything in the way that the object would collide with. Useful for creating proximity sensors.
-New property in races.ini: noPlayerAutoAttack will prevent the player from autoattacking a race, such as mines and spider webs.
-You can now import existing mod directories using the Create New Mod tool.
-Phased out the .obj object format loading button from the editor. To support old mods, the game will still load .obj files within the game.
-CallScript functions now default to interrupting the currently running script, instead of running on the next frame as previously. The old functionality can be used by specifying the Force Immediate parameter to 0. The new default makes it even easier to make scripts act like method calls in programming languages.
-Possibility to change the Z offset of particles.
-The long awaited search field in the image selector.
-New script condition: isTalking can tell you when a bot is talking.
-Ability to precisely copy the object's physics shape into its graphics ("match with physics").
-Objects can now be rotated in all three axis.
#
Petrenko 11 years ago
Heyho,

is it somehow possible to add a dialogue to a race?

And is there a simple script to keep traders always outfited with everything they should sale?
#
ville 11 years ago
Playing your mod right now, I love the wallpaper!

1. The easiest way is to export the bot that has the dialogue you need, and use bot spawners to spawn instances of that bot.

2. There's no simple script for that I'm afraid, I guess you'll have to make a different script for each item type, checking whether the bot has run low on that item, and giving it if he has. You can even time them so it looks like the stock is filling up slowly.
#
Petrenko 11 years ago
Heyho,

thanks for the reply. Exporting is a nice way. And readding stuff i already got an quest-based idea.

Some other questions:

Is it possible to make corpses disappear?
Is it possible to reset a map?
Is it possible to teleport to a random map?

I'd like to add some kind of replayable random sidemissions.
#
Pete 11 years ago
Numbers 1 and 3 are possible with some scripting at the very least, but Im not too sure about reseting maps.

/me sits down and waits for the almighty Ville

Edited 11 years ago
#
ville 11 years ago
Better answer then, so people don't just have to sit and wait.

1. You can use an ondeath script. When a bot dies, the game first runs all ondeath scripts, then it removes all scripts that aren't running already. But your ondeath script can include a waiting time to maybe fade away the corpse, and finally destroy it.

2. Reset? You mean remove all trace of the player ever having been there? Not possible at the moment, but I could easily extend the loadmap call to reset it, if you can wait for the next update of the game.

3. You need to use a script with a random condition. Make three scripts called "teleportmap1", "teleportmap2", and "teleportmapDefault". When you wanted to go to a random map, just activate callScript "teleportmap", which will call all of those scripts in order, first checking each one's condition. And for the teleportmap1 and teleportmap2 you'd use the randomPercent condition, and for the teleportmapDefault you'd leave the condition empty.
#
Endymion 11 years ago
Pete said:
Numbers 1 and 3 are possible with some scripting at the very least, but Im not too sure about reseting maps.

Cool, I didn't realize number 1 was possible. You haven't tried doing some sort of necromancy have you?

Edited 11 years ago
#
Pete 11 years ago
Endymion said:
Pete said:

Cool, I didn't realize number 1 was possible. You haven't tried doing some sort of necromancy have you?

Personally I used it for the ice dragon in Revenge of Bibbi (shameless plug go) so I could play a death animation.

But now that you mention it...

EDIT: Well, not dissapear. More along the lines of never existing in the first place and spawning a very corpse-like object instead.

Edited 11 years ago
#
Forum » Some new Driftmoon modding stuff to look forward to

Your email:
Your name: