Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Opposing Force
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Opposing Force

Ronsibaby 18 years ago
    Where can I get the latest version? For some reason my server won't let me log on to this portion of monkkonen.net
    #
    rctxtreme 18 years ago
    Casanova, I LOVE your mod! The only things I disliked are:
    - Impossible to open the backpack without pressing X (backpack simply flashes when I press I)
    - Tank gets destroyed way too easily
    - I'm over at the bottom of the 'ant area' and suddenly I get hit by a furret multiple times!

Oh, I was playing as a super-strong tank (1200HP) and went over to the base. I could actually get into the 800HP tank itself! And when I get off, I suddenly am a marine that can do nothing but turn around and around.

Oh, last thing, can I use your Shodan voices?
    #
    Casanova 18 years ago
    I guess that there is no problem in that since SS2 is abandonware. Also do not expect any updates for the mod from me since I no longer have the data for it.
    #
    Bubb9 18 years ago
    I am finding this link unusable for downloading the mod(sure it downloads but it doesnt open)
    #
    Casanova 18 years ago
    If my memmory serves me right, you need to use WinRar to open the file, then extract the contentes into the folder where you installed notrium.
    #
    Bubb9 18 years ago
    ok thnx I think you just solved 2 of my problems here
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    *bump*

Someone said that the D/L for this mod is corrupt, and that Casanova doesn't have a working copy of it.

Is this true?
    #
    Mattyw 18 years ago
    this mod should be longer, i liked it but i was dissapointed.
    #
    Railgunz! 18 years ago
    i would just like to say.... OF was the moast awsome top-down game ever! loved the radio commands allthough it took me a while to figure that out... guess it needs some instructions that's not in a readme format. doesnt mean its wasnt cool! but is its suppost to be longer? cause i downloaded the mod from this website yet i here theirs more... is there? if so where can i get it?

PS: whats the temp counter?
    #
    Casanova 18 years ago
    Im glad to see that someone had fun playing this mod, but don't expect to see any updates for it because this project is dead as a door nail.
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    "Casanova" said:
    Im glad to see that someone had fun playing this mod, but don't expect to see any updates for it because this project is dead as a door nail.
    Not quite. It is one of the more popular ones, almost as popular as Wazzal II. After I fix Wazzal II I might move on to OF.

After all, I always thought the dual pistols was the most awesome thing ever.
    #
    Pete 18 years ago
    Ah damn. I just went through the whole thread but didnt found ANY working D/L link. Casanova, at least repost it again, please?

EDIT: I take it back. Its just here, at monkkonen.net.
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    "Casanova" said:

,-.,-.
    ( ( (
    \ ) ) _..-.._
    __)/ ,',' `.
    ," `. ,--. `.
    ," @ .' ` \
    (Y ( ;''.
    `--.____, \ , ;
    ((_ ,----' ,---' _,'_,'
    (((_,- (((______,-'

Erm... What the heck happened to that first post?
    #
    Anonymous1157 18 years ago
    Bunny!!!

How'd that get there anyways? It's nice, but what the cluck does that have to do with anything?
    #
    Casanova 18 years ago
    I put it there after I stoped working on the mod, you know, so that people would know that I dont have it availible anymore.
    #
    Hinasas 18 years ago
    I downloaded Opposing Force from monkkonen.net, but all I got was a .rar file. I need help!
    #
    Inane 18 years ago
    "Hinasas" said:
    I downloaded Opposing Force from monkkonen.net, but all I got was a .rar file. I need help!

... A RAR file is practically a zip. You need to run it using winrar or some other program (Winzip doesn't open up rars).
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    If you don't like those annoying shareware warnings, I recommend getting UltimateZIP, as it's completely freeware.
    #
    Hinasas 18 years ago
    Thanks! It works now. (But too short)
    SWEET music btw!
    #
    Cyclone 18 years ago
    Pretty sure this has been asked,but Is there an extend of this?I got the beta from the mainsite,but all that's there is the SHODAN mission.By the way,what the hell is SHODAN anyway?
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    It's a reference to System Shock.
    #
    Crazy 18 years ago
    and if were to just bother readting through this page you would find that the mod has been dropped.
    #
    speedblade 17 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    "Casanova" said:

,-.,-.
    ( ( (
    \ ) ) _..-.._
    __)/ ,',' `.
    ," `. ,--. `.
    ," @ .' ` \
    (Y ( ;''.
    `--.____, \ , ;
    ((_ ,----' ,---' _,'_,'
    (((_,- (((______,-'

Erm... What the heck happened to that first post?

dito... any chance anyone can lift the mod up again?
    #
    JimmyJ 17 years ago
    Its a shame that casanova dropped the mod, leaving us with the short (although hard) shodan mission....the menu to buy stuff didn't work, either....i always ran out of ammo and had no way to get more :X
    #
    Roboman 17 years ago
    I tried out OF but it just crashed Notrium altogether (didn't get half way through starting sequence)

Can I have some help here?
    #
    Bladekill1298 8 years ago
    where do i install it from? the new mod i mean. Also where are the soundtracks used in the game from?
    Edited 8 years ago
    #
    Forum » Opposing Force
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: