Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Got a question about Notrium? Ask it here!
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Got a question about Notrium? Ask it here!

Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    "notriumfan" said:
    ok i have installed notrium a lot of times but this is strange...i installed it again becaus my bumb sister un-installed it again (it's like the 1000 time this week!!!!) and i can't get it to run!! please help!!!

Oh, and if you're running Win2k or XP and have Admin rights, just lock the compy when you're not using it, and when your sister want's to use it, make her use an account with less privileges than yours.

And just in case, make a password for your account and install Notrium in your own files (default is C:\Documents and settings\Username).

That way you can prevent her from uninstalling your game again.

And just for the heck of it, uninstall something SHE likes a lot!
    #
    Fouine 18 years ago
    Thanks Idiota! I finally got my lifeforce token and I owe it to you. Still, I think that the journal entry was a little unclear about what had to be done
    #
    Idiota 18 years ago
    I know, I had to find it out by myself as well.
    #
    evil fruit loop 18 years ago
    I have a question some of me and my friends have had problems
    finding the void and antigravity tokens for the psionics.
    #
    notriumfan 18 years ago
    i like your idea of uninstaling her sound mixer or video maker or something thnx fo great idea grim reaper!!!!
    #
    lordofpete 18 years ago
    there is a slot at the bottom of the character you play
    are there any items you can put in there
    #
    Mattyw 18 years ago
    ye, but i only know about propulsion boots that make you go faster
    #
    jelly 18 years ago
    "Mattyw" said:
    does anyone know how to make a turret
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    "jelly" said:
    "Mattyw" said:
    does anyone know how to make a turret

What does that have to do with what Mattyw posted?

Only use the quote button if you are commenting about the stuff the quoted person posted, answering a question the quoted person posted or other IMPORTANT stuff like that.

If, on the other hand, you are asking a completely different question, press the "new reply" button in the lower-left corner of the screen (right under the last post of the page).

And I believe a lot of people know how to make a turret. You can start by sticking a metal rod on a motion detector.
    #
    Aktariel 18 years ago
    What comprises a life support unit for an escape pod?

POSSIBLE SPOILERS:

I know that a propulsion system is a Warp Core, a computer unit and a particle accelerator (or something like that, I've already got it assembled)

A navigation sytem is a modded subspace radio with the star chart added in (on an aside, where do I find a broken subspace radio? playing as a psionic...don't think there was one in the hermit's hut...where is it? i have everything else for nav, but that. URRGHHH)

What is a life support system? I assume it must involve a computer unit, but other than that i have no [censored] clue
    #
    Malorion 18 years ago
    One of the items you find before you leave the escape pod is a Life Support Chip. Look at the description for that to find out how to make a Life Support System
    #
    Malorion 18 years ago
    "Fez" said:
    Why doesn't my equipment work properly? I can't use weapons properly, because it always equips punch as well. So we end up with cycling between punch and the other weapon very fast, and using neither very well at all.

I suspect this is a problem I've noticed and was going to ask about.

As a human I can only select certain weapons at night (ie Laser Pistol, VC Pistol, Punch, Pebbles IIRC). For example, if I've got the pebble shotgun equipped and night falls then as long as I don't switch weapons or turn the flashlight on, I continue to fire the shotgun. But if I turn the light on (I think the same happens if you already on and I turn it off) I'm suddenly equipped with "no weapon" and can't switch via mouse wheel or the 'E' key, I've got to go into my inventory and select a weapon manually. Or if I switch away from the shotgun I can only switch between the limited set mentioned above. This situation remains until it's daylight again.

It's possibly a bug but that thread's locked and seeing as there's no more Notrium updates, I guess we'll just have to live with it.

Any other thoughts?
    #
    HarmlessHermit 18 years ago
    This is a major annoyance, but not a bug. The flashlight takes one hand to hold so you can only wield a one-handed weapon when it is on. You have to either wait until day if you absolutely need to use a two-handed weapon such as the shotgun, or you can make nightvision goggles which do not require one hand to equip.

If you don't believe me, equip punch only, look at your inventory, which shows your hand slots as being empty. Then turn on your flashlight and look again. The flashlight image will be taking up the slot.
    #
    Malorion 18 years ago
    Doh! Yeah, I guess that'd be a perfectly logical explanation. ops:
    #
    Idiota 18 years ago
    "Malorion" said:
    Doh! Yeah, I guess that'd be a perfectly logical explanation. ops:

Don't sweat it. No one said it was because of this, right? So it was only logical you asked yourself why it happened.
    #
    Linkzelda30 18 years ago
    ummmm.........how do u install a mod?
    #
    NOSBoi 18 years ago
    Unzip in the notrium folder
    #
    dumbgod 18 years ago
    how i can use hoverbike
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    "dumbgod" said:
    how i can use hoverbike

You don't Use the hoverbike per se, you just Use the keycard that you get when you build the HB.

And to build the HB, just get the parts in the list and Use the list.

That is all.
    #
    jelly 18 years ago
    Does anyone know how to fix a turret(L). It says if you have the right tools you can fix it or something like that
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    First, don't double post. Second, use a Repair Unit (battery+computer unit) on it.
    #
    jelly 18 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    First, don't double post. Second, use a Repair Unit (battery+computer unit) on it.
    i double posted sorry and thanks for the info
    #
    magnus_c 18 years ago
    how do i build a sniper pistol

and the mod opposing force doesnt work for me i cant use RAR. files
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    "magnus_c" said:
    how do i build a sniper pistol

and the mod opposing force doesnt work for me i cant use RAR. files
    1) [SPOILER]pistol+long metal rod[/SPOILER]

2) Get WinRAR.
    #
    Anonymous1157 18 years ago
    No, get PicoZip! It supports exactly 1,204,326,782.5 more formats than WinRar!

Okay, I exxagurated. But it does support everything you'll ever run accross on the forums and more!
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    No, get PicoZip! It supports exactly 1,204,326,782.5 more formats than WinRar!

Okay, I exxagurated. But it does support everything you'll ever run accross on the forums and more!
    Or get UltimateZip. Or any of a THOUSAND OTHER PROGRAMS. Big deal. Get over yourself.
    #
    Yes, but I go for a good blend of quality and quantity, with lots more quantity than quality. PicoZip is easy to use and supports plenty of formats, including Zip (Naw duh!) and RAR.
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    And so do any of a thousand other programs. I repeat: Get over yourself. Also, stop responding to every little thing. Clear up the thread for people who have questions.
    #
    Okay then, if that's the way you want it, then fine!

Why are you so dumb?
    (You told me to clear it for peeps with questions. )
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    Okay then, if that's the way you want it, then fine!

Why are you so dumb?
    (You told me to clear it for peeps with questions. )
    Don't start another flame war. I was irritable last two posts because I had just been on IRC while... *shudder* a certain LSD user was on.
    #
    I share a portion of your phobia of AsdMaster. He came to the forum to send me a PM to get him a "supposedly" free Xbox360, but I saw what was fake about it and BSed him big time.

Also, I have no intent to start a flame war. I think the only reason flame wars in chatrooms exist is because one person posts and then the other one posts since they all want to have the last word. With that, i'll allow you to have the last word AS LONG AS YOU DONT POST SOMETHING THAT I WILL JUST HAVE TO RESPOND TO.

Got it? Good.
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    [OT] I'm still in favour of WinRAR over PicoZip just because PicoZip can't be used after the effin' trial period. [/OT]

When was the first demo of Notrium that was at least as playable as the third tech demo of Cormoon will be was released?
    #
    ville 18 years ago
    Must have been early summer 2003, wasn't it?
    #
    [OT]OMG it worked! Oh and Grimsy, why don't you... umm... hmm this is a tough one... BUY IT!? It really is worth it. [moderated: no talk about cracking software, please] [/OT]

Yes, I think it was around that time. I joined in 2004 after not being sure about joining for a year, and I had discovered Notrium the previous year, so... yeah. Might I add that it was the 1.0 beta.
    #
    Amarth 18 years ago
    [OT]Why don't you guys use 7-zip? It's free (as in speech) software, it supports your .rar format, and it supports the 7-zip format, the best zip-format ever known to humanity![/OT]
    #
    Forum » Got a question about Notrium? Ask it here!
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: