Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Got a question about Notrium? Ask it here!
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Got a question about Notrium? Ask it here!

Crazy 18 years ago
    They show up as purple dots on the radar. And another tip: When they hit you, instead of pushing you away, they pull you towards them. Which can be very confusing.
    #
    allkiller 18 years ago
    cant find the big plant in eden i searched all big yellow dots but i didn't find it ( can it be killed by a marine i saw there ?) and does it drop somthing good ?

and if a flamethrower unit hits u instant dead ? i died of it in 1.5 sec with full health
    #
    Pete 18 years ago
    "allkiller" said:
    and if a flamethrower unit hits u instant dead ? i died of it in 1.5 sec with full health

And what you were expecting? Hair dryer effect? Man, its a FLAMEthrower, I dont believe that you would survive longer than 1.5 seconds in real life...
    #
    allkiller 18 years ago
    if ur hitted 1.5 sec in real life with a flamethrower u clothest are just burning ( maby not if u wear leather ) but it surly takes 10 sec to kill u aliens got mainly melee weapons so it's hard to kill them ( first acid spit then the deadly attack is the only way to kill them.

just killed the 2 marine bosses and got rich

played the game out on any possible way now the funnest one was using a radio to send a S.O.S. there comes a journal then wich says: THE ALIENS ARE HUNTING U i had blocked all the ways, 12 lazer turrets and about 20 tentackles BUT NOT A SINGLE ALIEN CAME ! was expecting 50 aliens like in the old notrium
    #
    Crazy 18 years ago
    Oh yeah. There was a bug with that in vanilla awhile ago,, perhaps its still here in this version of werivar?
    #
    allkiller 18 years ago
    small question: how to take a screenshot ?
    #
    The Gemini 18 years ago
    Press the "Prt Sc" button, better known as Picture Screen. Then, you paste the picture into paint or something. I'm not sure if the game saves the pictures in a folder though...
    #
    Anonymous1157 18 years ago
    You can also use a screenie program. It intercepts stuff sent via the Print Screen button and saves it with a number as a name in a folder. That way, you don't have to exit so much. This is also good for other games like Orbiter that take years to load.
    #
    Crazy 18 years ago
    actually, there was a separate button for it. Saved them as .jpgs in the notrium directory.
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    "The Gemini" said:
    Press the "Prt Sc" button, better known as Picture Screen. Then, you paste the picture into paint or something. I'm not sure if the game saves the pictures in a folder though...
    "Prt Sc" of course stands for "Print Screen," which is a reference to an older age of computers when to "print" something was to display it... as in the "Print" command in BASIC and (I believe) Python, which displays text on the screen.

The game automatically saves the screenshots, so pasting it into another program (I.E. Paint) is unnecessary.

This does not apply to windowed mode, however, so you will need to paste it into another program if you want to take a screenshot in windowed mode.
    #
    "MageKing17" said:
    "Prt Sc" of course stands for "Print Screen," which is a reference to an older age of computers when to "print" something was to display it... as in the "Print" command in BASIC and (I believe) Python, which displays text on the screen.
    Does this mean that this works like a refresh button in DOS or something? (Just wondering)

"MageKing17" said:
    The game automatically saves the screenshots, so pasting it into another program (I.E. Paint) is unnecessary.
    The real quesion is what the button is. Would you people just read the manual and shut up? It's right there!

(Oh, and before you decide to call me lazy, please note that I accidentally deleted my "ntldr" file and had to reformat, so the game isn't installed... and it wont be for a while.)
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    "MageKing17" said:
    Does this mean that this works like a refresh button in DOS or something? (Just wondering)
    No, it just copies the current contents of the screen to the clipboard.

Or, if you press Alt+Print Screen, it only copies the contents of the focused window to the clipboard.
    #
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    "MageKing17" said:
    No, it just copies the current contents of the screen to the clipboard.

Or, if you press Alt+Print Screen, it only copies the contents of the focused window to the clipboard.
    DOS has no clipboard, genius.
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    [OT]
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    I interpreted his question as "So would Prnt Scrn work like a refresh button would work in DOS?"

Is there even a refresh button for DOS? [/OT]
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    [OT]
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    I interpreted his question as "So would Prnt Scrn work like a refresh button would work in DOS?"

Is there even a refresh button for DOS? [/OT]
    Just find some DOS computer and hit Prt Scrn so we don't have to hear it!

#
    Amarth 18 years ago
    Sheesh guys. You weren't around in the DOS times or what? <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Print_Screen">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Print_Screen</a><!-- m -->

Print screen stands for, well, 'print the screen' or 'send the contents of the screen to LPT1'. That's practical with a CLI and only text, but with current graphics stuff, it's not so practical. So the image is stored on the clipboard.

There are programs out there that can capture all sorts of screens, and directly encode and write them to files. I recommend GrabCaptureScreen if you need one. It's hard to find, but <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/GrabCaptureScreen/1100749654/1">http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Gr ... 00749654/1</a><!-- m --> seems to have a working download link.

And for Notrium: hit Prt Scr and a screenshot wil automagically appear in your Notrium install directory.
    #
    Thanky!

By the way: although I wasn't around for the rise and fall of DOS, I do happen to have it. Unfortunately, the disk keeps booting Linux although I don't have Linux on that drive to begin with.
    #
    ville 18 years ago
    Now back on topic please. Notrium questions only.
    #
    SedrickB 17 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    If you want a god-mode type thing, add the following specialties to your player_races.dat to auto-regen health and energy. It could be done for food too.

recharge energy;//description
    6;//specialty
    0;//difficulty level
    none;//message
    1;//parameter0
    1;//parameter1
    1;//parameter2
    (insert a number here);//parameter3
    recharge health;//description
    6;//specialty
    0;//difficulty level
    none;//message
    0;//parameter0
    1;//parameter1
    0;//parameter2
    (insert a number here);//parameter3

This is what I use when I want to test something without the hassle of dying/running out of power.

where it says '(Insert a number here)' am i supposed to edit that (if so, to what?) or do i leave it?
    #
    Inane 17 years ago
    That appears to be the amount it regenerates every second or so.
    If you set it to something below 0.9 or so, an unlucky encounter with the flamethrower could still kill you.

100 would make you heal fully instantly in vanilla notrium.
    #
    SedrickB 17 years ago
    "Inane" said:
    That appears to be the amount it regenerates every second or so.
    If you set it to something below 0.9 or so, an unlucky encounter with the flamethrower could still kill you.

100 would make you heal fully instantly in vanilla notrium.

oh ok, thanks, do i put that code anywhere? or do i have to put it somewhere specific in the file?
    #
    Inane 17 years ago
    "SedrickB" said:
    "Inane" said:

oh ok, thanks, do i put that code anywhere? or do i have to put it somewhere specific in the file?
    It's a racial specialty, so you go to Player-races.dat or whatever and scroll down to specialties of whatever race you want to be godish.

between the specialties tags: begin_specialties; and end_specialties;.
    #
    SedrickB 17 years ago
    ohh thanks! i think i got it now, just gotta try it out, i couldnt find the areas of code that were for the different races before ty! xD
    #
    Gregor Eisenhorn 17 years ago
    I know these are insanely dumb questions but:
    1) Where can I find a powered accelerator?
    2) I have a force-field generator (full--has energy unit and computer chip), but I can't set it up! I drop, use, etc., but it doesn't get set up... Do you have to press a different key to set it up?
    #
    Darkdude 17 years ago
    Dont know why the field isnt working maybe its not finished but the powered accelerator is gotten by combining a Fuel Cell with a oarticle accelerator or by looking in the swampy marsh area
    #
    Anonymous1157 17 years ago
    I don't recommend the marsh area unless you can think fast, or are prepared to fight a horde of annoying little spider-like things.
    #
    Gregor Eisenhorn 17 years ago
    Thanks... found an accelerator in an area with lava, found a motion detector (made power armor), and a whole bunch more items... however, my joy was cut short by a giant alien, an alien I couldn't see, no energy, and lava. Suffice to say I died. (I play as human... had a tazer, energy pistol, and pebbles)
    ohhh well. Still can't get the field working.
    #
    Anarion 17 years ago
    Have you combined your force field generator with a computer unit to control it?
    #
    Anonymous1157 17 years ago
    You could make a shield by combining a force-field generator with a motion detector. I won't go into upgrading that once it's done, though.
    #
    Necropoliz 17 years ago
    Guyz I seriostly need a tip, I'v passed all the endings except the mystic scroll one and I just dunt have a single clue on how to do it, I THINK I killed all the possible monsters but seriostly I dunt ewern imagine on how to pass the scroll thing ending
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "Necropoliz" said:
    Guyz I seriostly need a tip, I'v passed all the endings except the mystic scroll one and I just dunt have a single clue on how to do it, I THINK I killed all the possible monsters but seriostly I dunt ewern imagine on how to pass the scroll thing ending
    I don't know where you can get the scroll in 1.3, but you just have to figure out what items to combine the scroll with when you get it.
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    I don't know where you can get the scroll in 1.3, but you just have to figure out what items to combine the scroll with when you get it.
    I think it's in one of the VC crates. I could be way off, though.
    #
    Anarion 17 years ago
    No you're right MK it is in the VC minig fields. And Necropoliz, if you read the spoiler thread here it should tell you what you need to know.
    #
    Necropoliz 17 years ago
    kay guyz thx fur the help
    I'm new here so hope I wont piss ya off b posting a message in a wrong place or double posting
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    No, nothing can piss us more than talking in n00bism. Like

thx
    b
    fur

or other. Is forum is crazy about spelling.
    #
    Forum » Got a question about Notrium? Ask it here!
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: